Minto Group Inc.

Minto Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
The management is fair, the workplace culture is observed and enforced, all employees are easy to approach. Most enjoyable is when we have parties and a lots of foods. It is a good place to work in terms of salary and bonus and Bravo Awards. I definitely recommend to my friends.
Pros
Flexible and fun working environment
Cons
I can't think anything
You can trust everyone at this job to be friendly and helpful in as many ways as they can. For just a co op student on a 4 month term I was taught a great amount of not only field experience and a large improvement was made to my leadership skills. Over all a fantastic place to work
when I start worked at 8 a.m , i do my job very fast and went there ask for job.They give different jobs in one day.For Example: verifying the purchase order if it is migo or not, arranged the document in proper manner, photocopying, scanning etc.
In break- time we joined two or three colleagues talk each other enjoying and laughing with break-time, after that our mind relaxed.
I recently left Minto to pursue another opportunity, and I've thought about my time at Minto a fair amount. It is a great place with a great atmosphere. Yes, it's stressful at times, but what job isn't? The amount of experience I gain in my position was valuable, and I've taken many things that I learned in that role with me today. I was lucky to have a great team, which means a lot to me, where you feel welcome and like family. Senior management also listens to you and offers great feedback and does action items discussed in one on ones. Would I go back to Minto? In a heartbeat. If you're looking for a career to start in, this is the place!
Seemed to be an average work place but I worked under an rgency not as a direct Minto employee so cant say much of inside. It was a short Contract job. .

Minto is a big employer though.
Growing company with good work / life balance if working in the office vs. the field
Changing leadership, going from a family run business to external management has been mostly successful. With some changes in leadership the company is viable and strong.

Good place to learn
Very productive workplace with extremely welcoming employees and very knowledgeable managers. The office space is newly renovated and its open concept makes it very contemporary.
Pros
Workplace Culture, Great Events
I thoroughly enjoyed the companies environment and the people who work for Minto. The organization is exciting with many different projects ongoing at the same time. There is an opportunity for growth and exposer in many different areas.
Pros
Free events, activities and food often
workers, managers, senior managers are nice.
good balance between life and work.

BUT little opportunity to develop career

salary is not bad for the assigned job
They will definitely put effort into you if you give it to them. They offer tons of course and there is always chances to move and grow. Great benefits and pension plans.
Pros
Bravo point appreciation program
Cons
Lots of turn around
Metrics are important to maintain. Fast paced and constant.
Respect for co-workers and vendors is of high importance.

Many activities offered by the company
Pros
one bus ride
Cons
stressful
Boss is fair. They stand behind employs. Standard sock days amd vacation days. Loys of help when needed. Somtimes they push you but you can only do wjat you can in a day
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
working for the minto group is a very fast paced, physically demanding job. sometimes very stressful. you work one on one with the clients as well as all sub trades
A typical day at work included working on new developments, ensuring vendors were on schedule and accurate.
I did learn a few things, regarding what they did behind the scenes, however I did not receive any training as to how to the job they required me to complete.

Management was very unorganized and all over the place.

The hardest part of the job was guessing what they wanted me to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new vendors, and learning that there is always room to grow.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, leaving early on Fridays
Cons
Parking, Management, No training provided
This was an internship of one month, which was a necessary portion of obtaining my diploma. I found the staff to be very helpful, giving whatever time they did have to helping me learn about their individual departments. I definitely would work for them in the future.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
was only there a month
Great values. Lots of projects to choice from Very business place Would love to become a fulltime employee to rep the benefits of what they offer I have nothing more to say at this time.
Pros
good locations
Cons
could not get on fultime
Company was a great place to work. Variety of projects, personal development, nice company culture, competitive salaries. Central location, accessible by car and transit. Increased knowledge of the industry.
Cons
Job Security
awful place to work, very political, lay off people constantly, lack of management, disorganized and management very rude and sneaky.in management level , there is lots of issues to be fixed.
benefits
Cons
low salary, lasck of motivation and respect
Minto is a family business that takes seriously family ties, but some of the managers make working for the company difficult.so choose wisely which department you go
Pros
free breakfast and very good social committe
Cons
starting work early and leaving early is not applicable to certain areas
Minto has a very positive workplace culture that is accommodating and friendly. Managers are approachable and very direct with expectations. Company is generous as well.
A normal day at work will be receiving ticket using an ITIL 3.0 based ticketing system. Dealing with Level II ticket. Also supporting the hone from internal clients. We normally deal with daily issue related but not limited to computers hardware and software issue, creating new user accounts, assigning right groups, setting up file and printer servers, monitoring performance, dealing with offsite issues...