Minto Group Inc. Employee Reviews

No Training was provided
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2017
A typical day at work included working on new developments, ensuring vendors were on schedule and accurate.
I did learn a few things, regarding what they did behind the scenes, however I did not receive any training as to how to the job they required me to complete.
Management was very unorganized and all over the place.
The hardest part of the job was guessing what they wanted me to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new vendors, and learning that there is always room to grow.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, leaving early on Fridays
Cons
Parking, Management, No training provided
Pleasant
Internship in Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 October 2017
This was an internship of one month, which was a necessary portion of obtaining my diploma. I found the staff to be very helpful, giving whatever time they did have to helping me learn about their individual departments. I definitely would work for them in the future.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
was only there a month
large company friendly
Administrative Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON10 September 2017
Great values. Lots of projects to choice from Very business place Would love to become a fulltime employee to rep the benefits of what they offer I have nothing more to say at this time.
Pros
good locations
Cons
could not get on fultime
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
Company was a great place to work. Variety of projects, personal development, nice company culture, competitive salaries. Central location, accessible by car and transit. Increased knowledge of the industry.
Cons
Job Security
very disrectful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
awful place to work, very political, lay off people constantly, lack of management, disorganized and management very rude and sneaky.in management level , there is lots of issues to be fixed.
benefits
Cons
low salary, lasck of motivation and respect
productive workplace with free breakfast
Intermediate Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
Minto is a family business that takes seriously family ties, but some of the managers make working for the company difficult.so choose wisely which department you go
Pros
free breakfast and very good social committe
Cons
starting work early and leaving early is not applicable to certain areas
Workplace Culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Minto has a very positive workplace culture that is accommodating and friendly. Managers are approachable and very direct with expectations. Company is generous as well.
Remote support / VDI Deployment
System Administrator / Help Desk II, III (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
A normal day at work will be receiving ticket using an ITIL 3.0 based ticketing system. Dealing with Level II ticket. Also supporting the hone from internal clients. We normally deal with daily issue related but not limited to computers hardware and software issue, creating new user accounts, assigning right groups, setting up file and printer servers, monitoring performance, dealing with offsite issues...
Very nice coworkers
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
Very nice and hardworking coworkers. However, there can be office politics sometimes. Generally good environment and work.
Fun and motivating place to work
General Foreman/Energy Star Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Really enjoyed my time with Minto Group. Professional company with opportunities for motivated employees to progress in their careers. Great Culture!
Over worked
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON15 December 2016
A typical day included a walk through all building and check boilers, hot water system, fire extinguishers and lighting. Drive to Minto Office and pick up any work orders and return keys. do a daily litter pick of lawns and parking area. The part I enjoyed myself was the outdoor work and maintenance
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, Very unorganized
Great team atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
I enjoyed my years at Minto and only left because I moved out of Toronto.I found it to have a real team atmosphere and were generous to their employees.
Fun Environment
Maintenance Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
My manager was very down to earth and full of energy, he was very good at recognizing our accomplishments.
The salary was very competitive for a newcomer into the Calgary market.
Pros
Good Employee Recognition
Cons
Lots of weekend and Holiday work.
lack work life balance
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2015
the company does not provide a very good work and life balance. There was not a very good internal structure and job duties were constantly changing and unclear, very high turnover
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
not the greatest work environment and culture
Good company
Finance Master Data Specialist - Present (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2015
Good company to work for. they do promote within but sometimes the culture is negative.

Pros:
they encourage you to move up

Cons:
negative culture
challenge work
Member of Resident Manager Team (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2015
answering 100+ phone calls, emails, meetings with residents, meetings with Regional Managers, meetings with possible contractors, create and close work orders for in suite repairs, schedule contractors, banking, AR.
Pros
Beneficts
Cons
No apreciation
About Minto
Community Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2014
Minto is a large company with focus on customer experience and bottom line revenue. They have high expectations of their employees and demand 110% in all aspects of their roles.
Pros
Company picnics, Holiday party, solid organizational structure
Cons
Long hours, no compensation
A collaborative working environment with lots of opportunity for career enhancement.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 July 2013
In nine years of working with Minto, I generally enjoyed each day's challenges to facilitate the flow of information within the Finance division. The company culture was extremely positive and most everyone was helpful and ready to contributed if asked. There was an emphasis on the transfer of knowledge from management to staff. Career training was open to the entire workforce.
Very good place to work
M5 Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,ON16 June 2013
Fellow employees are very nice and easy to get along with. Really feel like your a family.
Efficient, respectful workplace with helpful guidance and a motivated workforce
Sales administrator at company headquarters (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2013
A typical day at work involved interaction with many customers as well as other employees to facilitate and process condominium sales and update data in the database. I learned about responsibility and time-management, as well as how to complete tasks for a deadline. There was a level of independence in so far as my manager would delegate tasks and then allow me to complete them through my own motivation and efforts. My co-workers were very friendly and the most enjoyable part of the job is that I learned very much about the condo market and the real estate business.
Pros
administrative experience
Cons
long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minto Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Minto Group Inc. Reviews by Location