Ministry of the Solicitor General

Ministry of the Solicitor General Employee Reviews for Correctional Officer

Corrections Officer
I did not have an issue performing my duties with inmates; my difficutly was with abuses I witnessed by other officers, with lack of support, social isolation, and marginalization I was exposed to when my daughter died under tragic circumstances. I found it to be a place of authoritarian personalities where percieved attitudes and behaviours of inmates were perpetuated by sytemic abuses by frontline officers. It was an environment where empathy is viewed as a weakness, I found I could not help people there. I found it to be a place that emphasis punishment, not correction. The term "Corrections Officer" is an oxymoron; Punishment Applicator seems more appopriate.
Pros
I cannot think of one, operation expectations precluded helping people rectify life choices.
Cons
several officers were bullies of inmates, steriod use by other officers were coorelated with use by inmates, it is a place devoid of empathy
Do not work in corrections!!
Literally the most mentally draining, most toxic environment I've ever worked at. Staff gossip, bully, and spread rumours and management does NOTHING.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of the Solicitor General. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6