Ministry of Transportation Employee Review

View all Ministry of Transportation reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Collisions Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 July 2013
A typical day is coming in to work going to my desk and signing on my computer. I work all day with reports sorting, batching and online input. I learned every day is different because there are many situation I can come across. Managment is very helpful and encourages the employees. Co-works are great to work with and are very helpful when questions need to be answered or problems that need to be solved.The hardest part of my job is working with multiple years for batching documents as there is thousands of documents I handle on a daily basis but my good organizational skills really come in handy when preparing this part. The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to work with a variety of different tasks in a day.

Other Ministry of Transportation Employee Reviews

Amazing work-life balance, job security, however not the most productive workplace.
TECHNICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 May 2018
The ministry of transportation takes care of its workforce ensuring that all employees are represented by a union, provided benefits and ensuring that all competitions within in the company are fair and just. The only drawback to working at the Ministry of Transportation is that the workplace does not have a productive atmosphere. Every employee is very nice and it is a very positive work culture. The only issue is that with little work being done at times it can be a little boring and in the long-term does not prepare employees for job advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Union, Fair Competition
Cons
Poor Work Ethic
Driver
Executive Transportation Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
A typical day involves driving senior members of Queens Park to their destinations.
The job usually gives advanced notice of the run details. Dispatch is very accomadating as long as communication is kept current.
The hardest part of the job is not having a set schedule. as this is an on-call position.
The best part is interacting with people.
Pros
Meet very interesting people who impact our lives in Ontario.
Cons
no set schedule.