Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Review

View all Ministry of Natural Resources reviews

What I liked about the MNR
Jr. Ranger Program, Thunder Bay (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 May 2014
I loved working for the MNR, I have worked for them for the past 2 years and I have gained so much experience. Working for the MNR has given me great outdoor experience and I've learned to step out of my comfort zone working with power tools, going away for the summer, meeting new people, and traveling to places I never thought I'd ever go.

A typical day at work consists of hard work, sweat, and determination but also very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job for me was having to wake up early, but on the bright side we only had 7 hour work days. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people because you develope new friendships that'll last forever; and you get the chance to work with people who have the same interests as you do. Overall, working for the MNR was my favorite job and I hope to work for them again in the future.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Having to work in poor weather conditions

Other Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Reviews

Amazing group of people to work with and an amazing experience
Medic (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 February 2018
I had the honour of being out there for only a short week but met some amazing people and learned a whole new aspect of team work and emergency response planning.
Productive Workplace
Stewardship Youth Ranger (Former Employee) –  Nipigon, ON12 January 2018
various jobs to gain experience as a student, brood stocking, Silviculture Effectiveness Monitoring, Wood Turtle Surveys, Species at Risk projects, park maintenance, seine/gill netting, rehabilitating Species at Risk habitats, compliance orders, compliance aerial flights
Pros
Lots of Experience