Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Employee Reviews

good place to further your educational and training opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 July 2018
Was a great place to work where educational and training experiences are abundant to those that seek them out. There are opportunities for cross training within your work unit as well as cross ministry.
Highly structured, but disorganized
Senior Policy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is a large organization, but one hand doesn't always know what the other is doing. It will take a cultural shift in order to make the organization run more efficiently.
Job Security and Complex Subject Matter
Administrative Coordinator (A) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
As with all Ontario Public Service jobs, working for the Ministry of Health holds excellent job security. The benefits and hours are fantastic and allow for a desirable work-life balance.
The content is both interesting and meaningful depending on the program area you work in. There is plenty room for advancement and employees who exceed expectations are often rewarded.
MOH is great
Senior Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Researchers get a lot of freedom to take initiative with projects and are seen as the trusted leaders. everyone is supportive and in it for a good cause. leadership is great and everything is aimed to be fair. it's a wonderful job, i was sad my contract was over,
Pros
balance
Cons
none!
Friendly and Supportive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has a very friendly and supportive work environment. All the staff members make sure that you are comfortable. They also allow flexible hours to an extent to accommodate certain people's needs. You also gain a vast amount of skills and knowledge from working with the OPS.
NIce place to work
DataPower Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 March 2018
MOHLTC is very nice place to work, where you can learn lot of technologies, how health government works. People work they have lot of experience with many technologies and business they now lot of things. I am really grateful to work with such people and team.
Productive and fun work place
LONGTERM CARE INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 December 2017
A typical day at work is fast pace; requires excellent time management skills. Interview and record reviews and travelling. Hardest part of the job is report writing and staying on top of workload. Most enjoyable part of job, is with travelling you meet people from all different culture and backgrounds.
Pros
Lots of responsibilities, travelling time is included in 7.25 day
Cons
travelling
Great workplace with wonderful people
Claims Assessor (09OAD) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2017
Very team oriented and everyone is willing to help when needed.

Strict deadlines to get practitioners paid by cut off and people are always willing to help.
Busy place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
A typical day at work for me was making sure my entire tasks were completed and on time prior to the end of the day.

I did not find anything hard about my position, except in trying to learn extremely difficult tasks that does not involve my duties. I usually look the information up and try to do it on my own.
Pros
I enjoyed the volume of work
Cons
There was no customer care involved in my position
This job keeps you busy all day!
Medical Claims Assessor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 November 2017
As a Claims Assessor, there are many things to learn and do. From the time that you come in in the morning till when you leave, you do get the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
Food and treats brought in by the doctors.
Cons
spending in ordinate amounts of time on the phone.
good place to work
Consultant Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  kuwait27 September 2017
Good working culture and good management.good supportive staff and helpful management.Get the opportunity to attend different international conferences .
Long hours, extensive travel, poor managers, little positive feedback
Long Term Care Homes Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
This job gives you plenty of opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Co-workers were professional and were available and willing to help. Extensive driving and many nights away from home in a hotel is required. One egotistical team leader made work life miserable for many professionals who left as a result of this person's behaviour. Nothing was done when this individual's behaviour and unprofessional conduct was reported to the manager.
Pros
Professional environment with co-workers
Cons
Poor managers, unorganized, changing priorities
Allows me to travel the province
Ambulance Service Inspector/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Province of Ontario31 August 2017
Contract work which allows me to see the entire province and meet many great people. Allows me to see how ambulance services in other areas deal with day to day challenges of EMS allowing me to take home ideas that could improve my work environment
very large organization
Base Hospital Review Team Leader/Investigator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 July 2017
many changes with legislation to keep up with

lots of opportunity for growth and changes

ability for learning including courses and conferences

many mtgs
Pros
working at the changes of healthcare
Cons
long hours, many meetings
Workplace Culture
Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot in this job. I did not had any background as a Record Clerk but I learned how to do it and became a pro with help of my manager and co workers.
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
A typical day would be spent in meetings, on the phone assisting customers, answering emails, meeting with staff, financial planning, coordination, review of materials and HR related activities.
Enjoyable work environment
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2017
Processed forms for the Ministry and updated databases. Good work environment and friendly co-workers. The location was very accessible and the work day was from 7:30 to 4; Monday to Friday
Pros
Good location to grab a quick and affordable lunch
Cons
Traffic was not the greatest when leaving. Very busy location
Busy work Place and fun too
Finance Officer (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON5 April 2017
It is nice place to work, Less tress and happy environment. Good Management and good Work life balance. Some days lots of work and some days not much. You will have lots of time to complete your work
Pros
Cons
Kichen (which is doesnt matter at work most of the time
Staff midwife in delivery room
Staff Midwife (Current Employee) –  Qunfudah gen.hospital27 January 2017
I'm recently working at qunfudah general hospital my area is in delivery room.i can manage uncomplicated obstetric cases.in 8 hour work we 7or 8 deliveries
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min
Diversity workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
OPS is an organization that provides government services to citizens and promotes an innovative, diverse, eco-friendly and accessible workplace.
Pros
High Job security