Ministry of Government and Consumer Services

Ministry of Government and Consumer Services Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
I worked at MGCS as a placement student and found the staff very cooperative and friendly. My overall experience was exceptional, and I got an excellent Work Placement Assessment, and if I would ever get an opportunity to work with them, I will avail it.
Pros
Friendly environment and accommodations
Cons
Can't think of one
I worked at Guelph location and management and employees are good. Multicultural location and they're all easy to work with but NO regularization.other than that everything is great!
The people you meet are fantastic. Contract work - stressful! If you are a good worker, you can move to different positions every 6 months. if they get approved to keep you.
Learned more things about Angular and Spring Boot, government's project is much funny than I thought. And this is absolutely good chance for students to get coop working experience.
Accueil chaleureux
Des superviseurs tres sympas

Environnement de travail inclusif et collaboratif

Des collegues ouverts d'esprit et disponibles
Work place is clean and big. It is a busy location. So you have all type of clients, most likely nice customer, very few days you face a angry client. But Management step in when ever needed.
And after the client left , management ask us to go for short break and relax in health and wellness room, which is a healthier atmosphere for the workers.
Busy
Team oriented

Supportive

Challenging

Utilize Deescalation skills

Asking open and closed ended questions

Probing questions

Holding yourself accountable
Good stepping stone to start one's IT career for contract based employees. Great work environment, great co-workers and Team Leads. No financial gain however.
I currently do coop at my the ministry of government and consumer services and it has been an excellent experience. I only attend coop every other day for 3 hours and the majority of the time i work in my desk on the specific company website. The supervisors and people are amazing people. 10/10 would recommend
Lots of opportunity to learn from the best.
Very co-operative team to work with.

Weekly meeting; engaging; knowledgeable; updates

Training for advancement.

Everyone is helpful; encouraging.
Nice friendly staff always willing to help out. Job was challenging but served a good deal of Canada and was rewarding in its own way. Would be willing to go back.
Lots of opportunities and support. Ability to work from home. Multicultural and inclusive environment. Lots of training available and exposure to developmental opportunities.
Management is great,
Lots of learning in IT advancement with public services

Can't comment on other Ministry culture, MGCS is great

Great work/life balance; lucky to have great leadership
This job was challenging but provided a lot of learning opportunities and chances to advance. Management was great and very supportive. I learned a lot about land registry and the history of land titles. Hardest part was learning all of the legal terms.
It has been an honour working at ITS/OPS. The staff is very welcoming and provided all the information and guidance during my co-op. The work environment is great and the managers are inspiring.
Great Team and excellent working env. Team lead and Project manager did very a very good job in terms of workload and task breakdown. Excellent communication between clients and the development team. Highly recommended.
I have been working for three years here. From the beginning my coworkers were helpful. I have not found any part hard, many repetitive tasks. I learned a lot how is the mass mailing process.
Great environment to work in, culture is that which is collaborative and engaging. SMEs are available to participate in each project and there's transparency with all projects.
Since joining the OPS I've been overwhelmed with the amount of support from the different levels of leadership and colleagues alike. They provide an atmosphere which promotes growth and learning.
overall job experience is good. I have learned a lot. It is a good place to gain experience and learn new technology. Hardest part is, it is a busy environment. Calls are keep coming you don't get a chance to take a minute and talk to your co worker. Everyone has different break schedule. You just can't make work friends.
This is a great learning opportunity in a high volume environment in an internal services department of the government. There was a lot to do and a lot to learn.