Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Overall, very good experience. Management is very good, respectful and understanding. Director is awesome as a manager and as a person. Just can't go permanent, that's the issue
Excellent experience, experience at the field of finance and revenue
The managers were wonderful to for and my co-workers were very helpful. The working hours were great and they really made you feel like you did a great job at work and they took the time to show you things you didn't understand.
High level analysis environment that embraces innovative ideas and requires due diligence. It fosters teamwork and promotes individual growth. Work-life balance is a huge priority for management.
I am looking to get into the work force in Australia. I am looking for part time or full time work in Administrative, Pharmacy, Grocery, Accounting or Banking roles. I have great customer service skills with a long range of skills that I have acquired in my career in Canada. I am a permanent resident of Australia and can begin immediately.
Overall working at the Ministry of Finance was a good experience. It’s a good place to learn about indirect taxes. However career advancement and earning capacity are not good.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary
fun workplace to work at
many communication skills and connections will be grown

stressful and dealing with a lot of people on a daily base

easy to access help when do so
I want to work this combany i am very interesting to work to do dome s
Thing with you and help to improve the company and all of comunity of canada an
* Delegating the jobs between the employees. Going over and ensuring job done to set standards. Answering phone calls from MPP's and their representatives. Finding solutions and answers to queries.
* Learned a lot at this job. It was my first real job. As long as you were willing to learn and work hard, you had room to grow and move up. Learned how to delegate, supervise, nurture a happy and productive environment, write procedures, lead a group of highly intelligent people.

* Management was very encouraging and nurturing.

* Workplace culture: Respectful, encouraging, fulfilling.

* Hardest part: Leaving them to move to another province.

* Most Enjoyable: Growing daily. Respectful management and employees / coworkers. Learning new things and being encouraged to utilize the new information gathered.
Pros
Everything. The job, the culture, the people.
Cons
Having to leave Ontario.
Very good conditions at work. You can learn languages. Management is good. Workplace is nice, the workplace culture too. The hardest part of the job is the long hours of the overtime with no payment or headway. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself: it is very intellectual.
I am now retired from the Ministry of Finance after 31 years. I have been fortunate to have developed over the years a number of outstanding skills, including good management and customer service skills which will be evident in my resume.
Had a great experience working here for a brief period of time. Workload wasn't too bad on a daily basis but was repetitive. Culture was okay and was not stressful
People would count down the days to retirement as work is very repetitive and has a lot of hierarchy. Need to get permission to even print a page. Not worth sacrificing 30 years of your life for a pension.
Interesting and rewarding project. Students were given a lot of freedom to contribute their own processes and offer recommendations. Overall great experience.
The Ministry of Finance is an interesting place to work. There are new challenges daily and limited resources to resolve them. It forces a person to be creative in their methods. The salary is not great as it does not compare with the private sector or IT jobs in other countries. The benefits are fairly good.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Below average compensation
The Ministry of FInance was the best employment of my life. Working for the ministry is job security, decent wages. The workplace was a fast paced environment in the call centre.
Lots of smart people working at this Central Agency of government. You'll also see what you're made of in this high-profile, very demanding environment.
The fun and exciting part of my job was training staff. The workplace culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job, was trying to get everyone to agree on a new task
Pros
i enjoyed everything here
Cons
there were no cons
Good and enjoyable.
Work and life balance is good.

Salary and benefits are reasonable.

Management is cooperative.

The job culture is good. A very good place to work.
Best of the best... Great People ... Great Work environment... always pleasant... Customer Relations Team.... never overworked... great hours... weekends off... casual Fridays... Bring your own once a month lunches... great friends instantly... all staff very intellectual and friendly... wide range of interests as well as acceptance...
Pros
Great Pay, ... Great Future, great benefits
Cons
was there on a contract, ... waiting for my next contract, but broke my neck and severed my spine soon after contract ended
I am greatful for the experience. But i realized that there is a season for everything. For this i decided to step out on faith and opening up my own business as a nail technician.