Ministry of Education Management reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 1,192 reviews
It is a good work place though the management need to improve on footwear
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT-LANGUAGES AND LITERATURE (Current Employee) –  ITEZHI TEZHI21 July 2018
Good company with a conducive working environment. The management is good though need to improve on footwear at the palace of work as many workers are subjected to illnesses.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work with minimum or low quality work wear
Summer Student
Administrative Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
excellent workplace
travelled during my stay there to gain exposure
friendly staff
great atmosphere
excellent location
management was amazing
learned a lot on how the program works
fun workplace
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
fun workplace, supportive team, good management workplace culture is good team meeting is most enjoyable part of the job, team management i hve leanerd
Quiet and nice people to work with.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 September 2017
Typical day at work was really quiet. People were just working on our own cubicle working with each computers. I learned to talk to people everyday and build my own confidence. The management was open for any suggestions in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you have to sit all day and keep your self active to perform well everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got a good feedback about the job by my manager.
Pros
Good work experience in the government.
Cons
No over time.
Enjoyable, funny , brain storming
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Livingstone,1 March 2017
The company is very good since it owned by Government. Usually we work for eight hours per day . We usually observe holidays which are public. Since I am involved in school management the management team is the pillar of the school which works in consultation with the board of management .
The work place culture is very conducive the school is ran by the head teacher and the deputy head teacher , from there we have the head of department from each department. In our school we have seven heads of departments and I am one of them. Heads of departments have there own duties in running the school they make sure that everything in the department is working so smoothly. Apart from heads of departments we also have head of sections in each department head of sections work hand in hand with the head of departments. We also have class teachers. We have prefects unity and class monitors.
Pros
On Thursdays we have free lunch
Cons
Usually we don't have long hours
nice environment
QA Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 June 2016
its nice working there, co workers are friendly an management is cooperative.i have learned lot of new technology's from this company.
Productive environment which provides avenues for growth.
Resource Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  West, ON3 August 2015
Growth and developmental activities available. A warm and friendly environment was provided for staff interaction and constructive criticisms given for development. The board of management provided appraisals and feedback which enhances growth.
Pros
Seminars on professional development
Cons
shift system
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingston14 April 2015
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
Pros
Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons
Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON, Canada24 February 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
A productive and satisfying position
Class teacher for Nursery (Current Employee) –  vauxhall, Barbados20 August 2014
I would collect /receive the children on mornings. Conduct prayers and toileting. I teach all subjects on the curriculum to pupils from 3-4 years old as well as provide pastoral care and guidance. I assist pupils with snack and lunch duties and conduct supervision at lunch time. I carry out weekly planning and complete administrative documents such as the daily register and the scheme book and the daily plans. I create and administer worksheets which assist students in understanding concepts which are being taught. I hand children over to their parents at the end of the school day and tidy and set up the classroom so that I can achieve the best classroom management as well as a meaningful and productive learning experience for the children.
Productive and you get a chance to go back to school and upgrade
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay, St.James. Jamaica8 April 2013
A typical day at work

I arrive at 8 am and sign in the register. I greet my co-workers who I get along with. I start updating the Fees cash book then I file the supporting documents in the designated file.
It is break time at 10:30am and I assist at the cafeteria with the students on welfare who are suppose to get lunch.
It is time to go back to my office now because it is 11:30am and I must prepare the cheques for the principal and chairman to sign.
I take lunch now because it is 1:00pm. I rush to the bathroom to wash my hands and clean up my face because it is 2:00pm on the dot and I have to prepare some transcript today as I had searched for the files at the records room the day before.
I can vividly hear the phone ringing and I take a peek and it is the principal; she needs assistant with some documents to be photocopied. I have finished doing all of the above and I can hear the clock ticking, oh its time to prepare the petty cash for the messenger who must go in town to purchase items requested by the Agricultural department. Went to the photocopying room to copy some payment voucher for the office.
it is exactly 4:23pm and I am packing up the office to sign out at 4:30pm.

What I learned
1. To prepare cheques
2. How to deal with internal and external customers
3. To do filing
4. To prepare petty cash
5. To prepare payment vouchers
6. To calculate salaries

They are alright, I just try to do what they ask to be done on a timely manner. They are superior, hence, respect is due at all times.

Co - workers
I get along well with them because I consider myself a
  more... people person.

The hardest part of the Job
The job is not hard only that sometimes overtime is needed to finish the job and I may have to go to school that evening and will have to stay back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know Management, co - workers and students. It gives a sense of belonging.
Pros
various benefits such as health insurance
Cons
staying back if i have to go to school
A work environment where respect to all levels of worker is practiced
School Guidance Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Alice Eldemire Drive, Montego Bay, Jamaica4 April 2013
A typical work day begins with devotion. There are often timetabled sessions which are interupted with emergency cases which takes priority. Being a middle manager, i work closely with the management team, resulting in efficiency, productivity and job satisfaction.

I work closely with my co-workers, evidently i cannot carry out the program on my own, their support is paramount in the success of the guidance program. The hardest part of the job is planning a program so strategically and the students show little or no interest in the deliverly.

However the most rewarding part of my job is to have pass students reurn to the school and say how greatful they are now for the guidance and counsellling they had received.
Productive work place & have chess room
Computer & Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  aman8 November 2012
Starts working day on Sunday morning eight o'clock, but for me, I show work seven o'clock every day, show by taking a cup of coffee and show rounds in the room, mainframe to check on all servers and security, protection and hardware information retrieval and spreaders Home For the intranet and external check on all coolers
And make sure all internal control cameras that it is working properly
This is within 15 minutes, then sit down to my computer and make sure all systems work perfectly. This need to 30 minutes, and then finished off a detailed technical report. And finished off daily work plan to the team that works with me, where we sit all together every day for 10 minutes to discuss the work plan and the distribution of tasks to everyone.
And then met with the Director-General and told him all the administrative and technical detail and action plan for the day .
Pleasure this work’s doing the supervising engineer on all the equipment in the central computer room and be an engineer supervisor of all the systems software on these systems. And other fun you administratively oversees a group of employees who are around you, and heading every one and at the same time be the person who has the responsibility and all the mistakes, if any, to the senior management.
Pros
yas
Cons
40 hours aweek