Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 1,180 reviews
A rewarding company that challenges and promote diversity in the workplace.
Teacher/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frome Technical High in Westmoreland, Jamaica.25 July 2018
Working for the Ministry of Education over the years has been very rewarding. I have been given the opportunity to grow and develop and hone many skills. There has been challenges especially in the areas of technological improvement.
Pros
A great company that caters to the educational and overall development of individuals
Cons
Too many senor teachers that are unwilling to adapt to the changes in the education system.
It's a coed public school located on the west coast of the island with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea
Graduate teacher (Current Employee) –  Good Shepherd Primary School11 April 2018
School officially starts at 9:00 each morning but I'm usually there by 8:30. I report to the principal and make my way to my classroom. I currently teach 7-8 year old. I'll review my plans for the day. Make sure that all the required resources are available for each lessons. I accompany my class to morning assembly then back to the classroom for teaching. I take the daily attendance. Many times the students will have an experience or something that they may want to share and then it's time for lessons. School ends at 3:00. Class is dismissed and I"ll usually stay behind an extra hour or so, reviewing the day, correcting books and making notes for the next day and subsequent lessons. The students are usually a joy to teach and very responsive. Classroom management is never an issue as there is mutual respect between us. Management at the school is pretty good and there is good communication and professionalism among the staff. The hardest thing about my job is sometimes the parents and the pressure they place on the children at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction and pride on the face of the children when they have achieved something, no matter how small.
Pros
Work hours go by quickly
Cons
little opportunity for upward mobility
Enjoyable, funny , brain storming
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Livingstone,1 March 2017
The company is very good since it owned by Government. Usually we work for eight hours per day . We usually observe holidays which are public. Since I am involved in school management the management team is the pillar of the school which works in consultation with the board of management .
The work place culture is very conducive the school is ran by the head teacher and the deputy head teacher , from there we have the head of department from each department. In our school we have seven heads of departments and I am one of them. Heads of departments have there own duties in running the school they make sure that everything in the department is working so smoothly. Apart from heads of departments we also have head of sections in each department head of sections work hand in hand with the head of departments. We also have class teachers. We have prefects unity and class monitors.
Pros
On Thursdays we have free lunch
Cons
Usually we don't have long hours
Too time consuming.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2016
Very happy and excited children, filled with energy and eager to learn new things. Children will be ready and motivated to learn if they have enthusiastic instructors. Very encouraging Principal and helpful colleagues. The hardest part is when the Principal over- burdens with too many tasks to be done at once. The best part is to see the joy on the faces of children and parents when the children have increased their confidences as a result of accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not working on weekends
A great place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Curepipi6 April 2016
I have applied Managerial and Marketing skills in my daily work.My work involved a lot of customer service and I was committed to my job.I tried however to participate in all extra curricular , social activities related to my position.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Lack of prospects
Productive and Experience Yielding
Relief Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gokwe22 January 2016
Days at work were characterised with teaching and managing children. The teaching experience demanded high levels of keeping up with current affairs and researching. Above all this experience brought many leadership skills out of me especially communication and dealing with people.
Pros
Travel and Subsistence Incomes, Flexible Working Hours
Cons
No promotion opportunities
I have the highest regard for my job. i enjoy being a teacher because i believe i am doing something worthwhile to society and for my Country.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  ST. Elizabeth10 December 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when results are posted and you see the results of your students. When you see the ones and twos or the 100% pass marks.
Cons
7 hours per day
Productive environment which provides avenues for growth.
Resource Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  West, ON3 August 2015
Growth and developmental activities available. A warm and friendly environment was provided for staff interaction and constructive criticisms given for development. The board of management provided appraisals and feedback which enhances growth.
Pros
Seminars on professional development
Cons
shift system
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingston14 April 2015
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
Pros
Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons
Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
A productive and satisfying position
Class teacher for Nursery (Current Employee) –  vauxhall, Barbados20 August 2014
I would collect /receive the children on mornings. Conduct prayers and toileting. I teach all subjects on the curriculum to pupils from 3-4 years old as well as provide pastoral care and guidance. I assist pupils with snack and lunch duties and conduct supervision at lunch time. I carry out weekly planning and complete administrative documents such as the daily register and the scheme book and the daily plans. I create and administer worksheets which assist students in understanding concepts which are being taught. I hand children over to their parents at the end of the school day and tidy and set up the classroom so that I can achieve the best classroom management as well as a meaningful and productive learning experience for the children.
productive
Teacher (Current Employee) –  jordan,irbid1 March 2014
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Pros
free lunches