Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Free spirited people
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, Jamaica13 August 2018
The atmosphere is safe and comfortable, i use to work with a lot of friendly co-workers. The boss was kind and understanding overall it was an excellent experience.
Pros
Free Internet, Regular work treats, Clean Environment
Cons
Long working hours
Government work
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Viana do Castelo23 July 2018
Basic government work with many collegues envolved in the betterment of education levels of school children.
Typical school teacher environment.
Lots of opportunities to learn with other teachers and good environment.
Pros
Job security, benefits and salary
Cons
Job security
It is a good work place though the management need to improve on footwear
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT-LANGUAGES AND LITERATURE (Current Employee) –  ITEZHI TEZHI21 July 2018
Good company with a conducive working environment. The management is good though need to improve on footwear at the palace of work as many workers are subjected to illnesses.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work with minimum or low quality work wear
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Enseignant de français (Current Employee) –  Boumerdes9 July 2018
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Mais le salaire non
Pros
Motivation
Cons
Assurance et salaire
great colleagues
position Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
Fast paced, heavy work load enjoyed it.
Variety to the job
Different experience every day.
Looked forward to going to work.
Needed clerical help
Required to managecaseload.
Pros
gas refund
Cons
lot of clerical work
nice team culture
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
fun to work with team members who cooperate with each other and share idea.

The working time is flexible. Work from home is allowed. OT could be redeemed as vacation
Summer Student
Administrative Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
excellent workplace
travelled during my stay there to gain exposure
friendly staff
great atmosphere
excellent location
management was amazing
learned a lot on how the program works
It's a coed public school located on the west coast of the island with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea
Graduate teacher (Current Employee) –  Good Shepherd Primary School11 April 2018
School officially starts at 9:00 each morning but I'm usually there by 8:30. I report to the principal and make my way to my classroom. I currently teach 7-8 year old. I'll review my plans for the day. Make sure that all the required resources are available for each lessons. I accompany my class to morning assembly then back to the classroom for teaching. I take the daily attendance. Many times the students will have an experience or something that they may want to share and then it's time for lessons. School ends at 3:00. Class is dismissed and I"ll usually stay behind an extra hour or so, reviewing the day, correcting books and making notes for the next day and subsequent lessons. The students are usually a joy to teach and very responsive. Classroom management is never an issue as there is mutual respect between us. Management at the school is pretty good and there is good communication and professionalism among the staff. The hardest thing about my job is sometimes the parents and the pressure they place on the children at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction and pride on the face of the children when they have achieved something, no matter how small.
Pros
Work hours go by quickly
Cons
little opportunity for upward mobility
Fun Education workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  St Michael, Barbados14 March 2018
I would arrive at the office 1st go into my office and begin to look at the network to make sure nothing was out of order awaiting my boss's arrival to receive the tasks for the day. The job was part of a co-op program from college so it was for me as a graduating student to show the knowledge I received during my semester although that did not hinder me from learning all that I could during my short period of time.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
laid back staff
fun workplace
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
fun workplace, supportive team, good management workplace culture is good team meeting is most enjoyable part of the job, team management i hve leanerd
Al Kateefi Trading Company
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait3 October 2017
I went to Kuwait with my father to look for my first work and to get the experience in the field I joined and studied,

Any how it was very short and temporary.

I worked as a computer technician & specialist with this private company
Good field to work
Senior social worker (Current Employee) –  Al Ahmadi16 September 2017
Social worker has alot of duties that is not realated with social work , some of these duties surely obstcale to acheive his professional role with students, parents and teacher moreover communcating with the local civil community agancies.
Pros
Summer vacation
Cons
Rules are not strict, low salary only for nonkuwaity
Very fun work place. Great surroundings. awesome colleges
Special Agent for the Ministry of Education (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2017
I loved working with a great team of people around me. Always working together and learning how things work at the Ministry. I learned about how many English schools are in the Greater Montreal areas and how much the budgets were being cut.

My bosses were great to work with and gave me plenty of opportunities to advance.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. My contract was up as it was a Govt. job and no funds were left to keep me.

The best part of the job was feeling like my work made a difference each day. Without my research and input many English Schools would have gone without the necessary supplies and demand needed to stay openl

This was almost 25 to 30 yrs ago but I have never forgotten the great inspirations that led me on my way...bless them.
Cons
long bus rides and no parking with a car...lol
Teacher of Maths
Teacher of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Kuwait7 September 2017
I have worked as a teacher of Mathematics for middles phase from 6-9 grades. for learning disabilities students and normal also.

MOE @ Kuwait t's good Institute.
Quiet and nice people to work with.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 September 2017
Typical day at work was really quiet. People were just working on our own cubicle working with each computers. I learned to talk to people everyday and build my own confidence. The management was open for any suggestions in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you have to sit all day and keep your self active to perform well everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got a good feedback about the job by my manager.
Pros
Good work experience in the government.
Cons
No over time.
Small shop with great people
Sector Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
Work on various software applications for use within the education sector. During my time here I learned mostly about Java and Ruby development. Very relaxed work environment.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant, Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 August 2017
A typical day involved checking Director's calendar, preparing for meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, handling correspondence, processing Ministerial correspondence, checking and ordering supplies, answering telephone enquiries and directing to correct individual, opening/closing files and maintaining file system. I learned a lot about the BC K-12 educational system and the distance/on-line learning programs. The workplace culture was very good with an emphasis on work/home balance. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the people I worked with and assisting clients by answering their questions or directing them to appropriate person or department.
Pros
Good working environment with ability to advance
Cons
Tight deadlines at times
Productive and fun team events
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto On8 June 2017
Productive and fun team events.
Learning experience of new business and IT technologies .
Creating new relationship with people from different business areas /projects.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Fun workplace! Some days would be extremely busy and other days less busy but good workplace culture. I felt appreciated. Would recommend anyone to work here!
This was a wonderful 10 year experience.
Education Officer/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I enjoyed the many challenges and opportunities for managing and mentoring staff. As well liaising with the MO and school boards was interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Exciting and interesting challenges.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ministry of Education Reviews by Location