Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Summer Student
Administrative Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
excellent workplace
travelled during my stay there to gain exposure
friendly staff
great atmosphere
excellent location
management was amazing
learned a lot on how the program works
It's a coed public school located on the west coast of the island with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea
Graduate teacher (Current Employee) –  Good Shepherd Primary School11 April 2018
School officially starts at 9:00 each morning but I'm usually there by 8:30. I report to the principal and make my way to my classroom. I currently teach 7-8 year old. I'll review my plans for the day. Make sure that all the required resources are available for each lessons. I accompany my class to morning assembly then back to the classroom for teaching. I take the daily attendance. Many times the students will have an experience or something that they may want to share and then it's time for lessons. School ends at 3:00. Class is dismissed and I"ll usually stay behind an extra hour or so, reviewing the day, correcting books and making notes for the next day and subsequent lessons. The students are usually a joy to teach and very responsive. Classroom management is never an issue as there is mutual respect between us. Management at the school is pretty good and there is good communication and professionalism among the staff. The hardest thing about my job is sometimes the parents and the pressure they place on the children at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction and pride on the face of the children when they have achieved something, no matter how small.
Pros
Work hours go by quickly
Cons
little opportunity for upward mobility
Fun Education workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  St Michael, Barbados14 March 2018
I would arrive at the office 1st go into my office and begin to look at the network to make sure nothing was out of order awaiting my boss's arrival to receive the tasks for the day. The job was part of a co-op program from college so it was for me as a graduating student to show the knowledge I received during my semester although that did not hinder me from learning all that I could during my short period of time.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
laid back staff
fun workplace
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
fun workplace, supportive team, good management workplace culture is good team meeting is most enjoyable part of the job, team management i hve leanerd
Al Kateefi Trading Company
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait3 October 2017
I went to Kuwait with my father to look for my first work and to get the experience in the field I joined and studied,

Any how it was very short and temporary.

I worked as a computer technician & specialist with this private company
Good field to work
Senior social worker (Current Employee) –  Al Ahmadi16 September 2017
Social worker has alot of duties that is not realated with social work , some of these duties surely obstcale to acheive his professional role with students, parents and teacher moreover communcating with the local civil community agancies.
Pros
Summer vacation
Cons
Rules are not strict, low salary only for nonkuwaity
Very fun work place. Great surroundings. awesome colleges
Special Agent for the Ministry of Education (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2017
I loved working with a great team of people around me. Always working together and learning how things work at the Ministry. I learned about how many English schools are in the Greater Montreal areas and how much the budgets were being cut.

My bosses were great to work with and gave me plenty of opportunities to advance.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. My contract was up as it was a Govt. job and no funds were left to keep me.

The best part of the job was feeling like my work made a difference each day. Without my research and input many English Schools would have gone without the necessary supplies and demand needed to stay openl

This was almost 25 to 30 yrs ago but I have never forgotten the great inspirations that led me on my way...bless them.
Cons
long bus rides and no parking with a car...lol
Teacher of Maths
Teacher of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Kuwait7 September 2017
I have worked as a teacher of Mathematics for middles phase from 6-9 grades. for learning disabilities students and normal also.

MOE @ Kuwait t's good Institute.
Quiet and nice people to work with.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 September 2017
Typical day at work was really quiet. People were just working on our own cubicle working with each computers. I learned to talk to people everyday and build my own confidence. The management was open for any suggestions in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you have to sit all day and keep your self active to perform well everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got a good feedback about the job by my manager.
Pros
Good work experience in the government.
Cons
No over time.
Small shop with great people
Sector Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
Work on various software applications for use within the education sector. During my time here I learned mostly about Java and Ruby development. Very relaxed work environment.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant, Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 August 2017
A typical day involved checking Director's calendar, preparing for meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, handling correspondence, processing Ministerial correspondence, checking and ordering supplies, answering telephone enquiries and directing to correct individual, opening/closing files and maintaining file system. I learned a lot about the BC K-12 educational system and the distance/on-line learning programs. The workplace culture was very good with an emphasis on work/home balance. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the people I worked with and assisting clients by answering their questions or directing them to appropriate person or department.
Pros
Good working environment with ability to advance
Cons
Tight deadlines at times
Productive and fun team events
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto On8 June 2017
Productive and fun team events.
Learning experience of new business and IT technologies .
Creating new relationship with people from different business areas /projects.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Fun workplace! Some days would be extremely busy and other days less busy but good workplace culture. I felt appreciated. Would recommend anyone to work here!
This was a wonderful 10 year experience.
Education Officer/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I enjoyed the many challenges and opportunities for managing and mentoring staff. As well liaising with the MO and school boards was interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Exciting and interesting challenges.
Enjoyable, funny , brain storming
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Livingstone,1 March 2017
The company is very good since it owned by Government. Usually we work for eight hours per day . We usually observe holidays which are public. Since I am involved in school management the management team is the pillar of the school which works in consultation with the board of management .
The work place culture is very conducive the school is ran by the head teacher and the deputy head teacher , from there we have the head of department from each department. In our school we have seven heads of departments and I am one of them. Heads of departments have there own duties in running the school they make sure that everything in the department is working so smoothly. Apart from heads of departments we also have head of sections in each department head of sections work hand in hand with the head of departments. We also have class teachers. We have prefects unity and class monitors.
Pros
On Thursdays we have free lunch
Cons
Usually we don't have long hours
Doing legal work takes dedication and time
Data Entry Clerk/Exam Paper Processor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 January 2017
General Legal work as Paralegal was beneficial to me in many ways, I was able to correspond with persons and ensure that they get the service paid for
Pros
there were no pros
Cons
the hours was excellent
Standard workplace with minimal flexibility
Technical Lead/Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Projects were interesting and clients easy to work with.
Not too advanced on technology side and very restrictive in terms of work life balance.
The co-workers were nice at MOE.
Creative Environment
Trinidad and Tobago - Teacher III (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, Port of Spain2 January 2017
Overall a good experience. Good support system from other teachers, continuous training from the Ministry as well as school-based. More communication needed with administration.
The Education Officers are helpful and accomodating
Part- tutor (Current Employee) –  Georgetown,Demerara24 November 2016
The Ministry of Education supervises the delivery of Education in all the schools across Guyana.Their constant visits and supervision at the schools is enlightening.
Pros
The school breaks and seminars
Cons
The records is too tedious and repetitive
Environnement productif
instituteur d’école primaire langue arabe (Current Employee) –  Tunis, ON6 October 2016
Vraiment niveau d'étude en tunisie c'est très excellent
13 ans de travail une bonne expérience
Mais le salaire est faible par rapport au vie social de l'instituteur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ministry of Education Reviews by Location