Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Great environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
I had an amazing experience at MO - very professional environment with high learning culture. It has immense growth opportunities. My experience at MO was wonderful in terms of learning, growth, and fun. My boss gave me a chance to explore other IT function by taking different projects and also work cross-functionally to learn more about business.
Environnement de travail acceptable
Enseignante (Current Employee) –  lycée (publique)16 September 2018
- Travail en groupe avec les eleves et presentation de leurs projets
- Progres dnas le domaine d'enseignement surtout avec les adolescent
- Management de la discipline dans la classe
- l'aspect le plus difficile:classe chargée des eleves
- le plus agreable : travailler et instruire les jeunes
Cons
travail a la maison
Communications
Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
Very busy and dynamic environment. Enjoyed every minute of my time there. Great opportunities to advance with opportunities to learn and improve on existing skill sets.
Pros
great office culture
Cons
With little resources but still acting professionally
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baladīyat Ţarābulus23 August 2018
Atypical day starts at 8:00 am morning until 3:00 pm, 5 days a week. I learned the role of the new technology (IT, Automation, Electronics Etc) and its impact on developing education, more over, how to implement the technology so that education system become better. In addition to how the education operation is being done (Education System).

Although, management is a little bit messy, we managed to apply project management rule of thumb to do our day to day job with the help of some training and ISO rules in many cases.

Most of the employees whom I work with are young and work-alcoholic and they care about delivering better education with getting use of new technology.

Unfortunately, the most annoying part is the resources.

The most enjoyable part is the variety and quantity of the projects, I find my self searching and looking for many new technology that made us posses a lot of information and gaining firm experience as well as being connected with international company such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Hawaii.
Pros
Variety of projects
Cons
Low salary and shortage of resources
environnement de travail tres productif
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
Excellent milieu de travail. respect mutuel entre les employés. la convivialité et l'entraide sont les maitres mots.
Pros
petit dejeuner gratuit
Cons
beaucoup de deplacements à effectuer
Productive place human being
Teacher of Mathematics/geography (Current Employee) –  Edlib governrate16 August 2018
I started working long time ago.i.e,in 2001.first,it was hard step by step it became interesting and suspicious.When i get more and more forward i feel i achieve something different in my and others life.i am builder of generation.
Free spirited people
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, Jamaica13 August 2018
The atmosphere is safe and comfortable, i use to work with a lot of friendly co-workers. The boss was kind and understanding overall it was an excellent experience.
Pros
Free Internet, Regular work treats, Clean Environment
Cons
Long working hours
A rewarding company that challenges and promote diversity in the workplace.
Teacher/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frome Technical High in Westmoreland, Jamaica.25 July 2018
Working for the Ministry of Education over the years has been very rewarding. I have been given the opportunity to grow and develop and hone many skills. There has been challenges especially in the areas of technological improvement.
Pros
A great company that caters to the educational and overall development of individuals
Cons
Too many senor teachers that are unwilling to adapt to the changes in the education system.
Government work
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Viana do Castelo23 July 2018
Basic government work with many collegues envolved in the betterment of education levels of school children.
Typical school teacher environment.
Lots of opportunities to learn with other teachers and good environment.
Pros
Job security, benefits and salary
Cons
Job security
It is a good work place though the management need to improve on footwear
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT-LANGUAGES AND LITERATURE (Current Employee) –  ITEZHI TEZHI21 July 2018
Good company with a conducive working environment. The management is good though need to improve on footwear at the palace of work as many workers are subjected to illnesses.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work with minimum or low quality work wear
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Enseignant de français (Current Employee) –  Boumerdes9 July 2018
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Mais le salaire non
Pros
Motivation
Cons
Assurance et salaire
great colleagues
position Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
Fast paced, heavy work load enjoyed it.
Variety to the job
Different experience every day.
Looked forward to going to work.
Needed clerical help
Required to managecaseload.
Pros
gas refund
Cons
lot of clerical work
nice team culture
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
fun to work with team members who cooperate with each other and share idea.

The working time is flexible. Work from home is allowed. OT could be redeemed as vacation
Summer Student
Administrative Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
excellent workplace
travelled during my stay there to gain exposure
friendly staff
great atmosphere
excellent location
management was amazing
learned a lot on how the program works
It's a coed public school located on the west coast of the island with a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea
Graduate teacher (Current Employee) –  Good Shepherd Primary School11 April 2018
School officially starts at 9:00 each morning but I'm usually there by 8:30. I report to the principal and make my way to my classroom. I currently teach 7-8 year old. I'll review my plans for the day. Make sure that all the required resources are available for each lessons. I accompany my class to morning assembly then back to the classroom for teaching. I take the daily attendance. Many times the students will have an experience or something that they may want to share and then it's time for lessons. School ends at 3:00. Class is dismissed and I"ll usually stay behind an extra hour or so, reviewing the day, correcting books and making notes for the next day and subsequent lessons. The students are usually a joy to teach and very responsive. Classroom management is never an issue as there is mutual respect between us. Management at the school is pretty good and there is good communication and professionalism among the staff. The hardest thing about my job is sometimes the parents and the pressure they place on the children at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction and pride on the face of the children when they have achieved something, no matter how small.
Pros
Work hours go by quickly
Cons
little opportunity for upward mobility
Fun Education workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  St Michael, Barbados14 March 2018
I would arrive at the office 1st go into my office and begin to look at the network to make sure nothing was out of order awaiting my boss's arrival to receive the tasks for the day. The job was part of a co-op program from college so it was for me as a graduating student to show the knowledge I received during my semester although that did not hinder me from learning all that I could during my short period of time.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
laid back staff
fun workplace
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
fun workplace, supportive team, good management workplace culture is good team meeting is most enjoyable part of the job, team management i hve leanerd
Al Kateefi Trading Company
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait3 October 2017
I went to Kuwait with my father to look for my first work and to get the experience in the field I joined and studied,

Any how it was very short and temporary.

I worked as a computer technician & specialist with this private company
Good field to work
Senior social worker (Current Employee) –  Al Ahmadi16 September 2017
Social worker has alot of duties that is not realated with social work , some of these duties surely obstcale to acheive his professional role with students, parents and teacher moreover communcating with the local civil community agancies.
Pros
Summer vacation
Cons
Rules are not strict, low salary only for nonkuwaity
Very fun work place. Great surroundings. awesome colleges
Special Agent for the Ministry of Education (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2017
I loved working with a great team of people around me. Always working together and learning how things work at the Ministry. I learned about how many English schools are in the Greater Montreal areas and how much the budgets were being cut.

My bosses were great to work with and gave me plenty of opportunities to advance.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. My contract was up as it was a Govt. job and no funds were left to keep me.

The best part of the job was feeling like my work made a difference each day. Without my research and input many English Schools would have gone without the necessary supplies and demand needed to stay openl

This was almost 25 to 30 yrs ago but I have never forgotten the great inspirations that led me on my way...bless them.
Cons
long bus rides and no parking with a car...lol

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ministry of Education Reviews by Location