Miniso Canada

Miniso Canada Employee Reviews

Avoid

Miniso is cute and fun as a consumer but as a worker you are treated like nothing. Higher up management gives insane amounts of large tasks with 1 day deadlines, only 1-2 people staffed in a store, and will treat you terribly if you express any form of concern or fatigue over the workload, including yelling and berating, and given ultimatums. Arbitrary tasks are prioritized poorly and above customer experience. Accessibility and visual of the store is forgone for receiving more and more shipment items, putting boxes all over the sales floor with no staff to put it away, and other tasks being pushed. Managers are often not given the manager title and are just “assistant manager” to an area manager who likely does not live in the area and does not visit the store except once a month. Managers are included in the only 1-2 employees staffed at a store, are expected to work 6-7 days a week, and be available outside of work hours as well, with barely above minimum wage salary. They will do their best to keep you minimum wage or as low as possible while stacking more and more responsibilities on you, especially with low staff. If you are part time you are also expected to have completely full availability, including short notice call ins, despite being part time. You will be punished if you do not meet this expectation. Promotions do not happen unless you fight for months or everyone else quits around you. Bonuses are advertised as fun incentive to hit sales goals, but are never given. “Benefits” are available but the bare minimum, and vacation is impossible due to keeping -

Pros

The items are cute to work with

Cons

Management, low staff, insane expectations

Great co-workers, terrible management, worst working culture, insane pressure. Overall score: FkNO/10

The title might seem like a joke but it’s not. But the company culture is. You could see the best people be wasting their talent, their time, their passion and yes, their money here. You will be loved by management if you work hard, and by hard I mean literally slaving yourself, no time for personal commitments with 12h+ workdays. The amount of work 1 person has to take is just insane. If you can’t do 5-people amount of work they don’t want you. Things change constantly in the company with little to no notice, so you will always find yourself gasping for air in between tight deadlines. System is a mess. Manual work all day everyday because they’re cheap to hire any other agency/proper business consultant to help. I could go on and on about how terrible this place is. Seriously, I got PTSD working here. All corporates are trashy capitalists but this company is in another level. I’m leaving the company if anybody wonders.

Pros

Great peers.

Cons

This entire company.

Inconsiderate upper management, store is always changing, high turnover rate

Every day you come in, there was something to be moved around and re-arranged. Even the customers complained greatly about how they could never find something they bought regularly in the same place whenever they visited. Our whole day would be wasted on finding the optimal space to rearrange things while still expected to greet and oblige every customer when we didn't even have enough staff to work at the store. They also made me go into work to receive my notice of termination when I thought I was going in for a normal shift. Went through the trouble of a long commute just for a letter they could have emailed me. They also store merchandise in the bathroom. Staff kept being moved around to different locations.

Cons

Random schedules that get posted only a day before you have to work

growing company with a lot of potentials

MINISO is a fast-growing company. Colleagues are very nice. International Working environment. Sometimes can be stressful but coworkers are very helpful!

Terrible company to work for

It is a very unorganized company that is very money based vs. Customer service based. No sense of customer service, less than adequate training, they don’t keep you in the loop about things that are happening, they handle this covid situation very lightly and do not properly clean or supply the items to clean with. Expect you to work alone in a giant store with no breaks sometimes, in a 10-11 hr shift they only give you a 30 min break and thats if someone else is there. At a high traffic store they typically only have 4-5 employees which is not enough to keep the store running and meet their expectations at night. You basically stand at cash and do nothing else but that because it is so busy.

Pros

You dont have to do customer service

Cons

Long hours, Terrible pay, No breaks sometimes, Terrible organization

Rewarding Experience

Working at Miniso, is tough but rewarding. I started working when the company was still starting to build up. Tough because you have to own the store from small details to any challenges. Rewarding because I faced any difficulties and criticisms. Working as a manager at Bramalea is very challenging and fun. I have a very strong team becoming leaders and I am proud that I am part of their journeys. My favourite part is getting new cute collections and connecting with customers. If you are fun and a positive person, join us as we are getting stronger as a company! Let’s build the team together! ☺️

Pros

Rewards ( Great Job cards), bonuses

Cons

Theft, IT problems

Miniso

Enjoyed this job and I always look forward to talking to people about our products. Really want the company to succeed no matter what! I had nice co workers.

Very Productive, fun and enjoyable!

This company is starting to grow in the right direction, I am proud I got to contribute to its success! Head office just needs to notice hard work.

Pros

Nice location (Erin Mills), very nice staff and fun!

Cons

Underpaid, hard work unnoticed, overload of work

regular retail job with horrible management

The management was literal trash and didn't treat workers very well. District managers would often come in and undo all the work that was previously done for little to no reason. The manager that hired me quit barely a month later and didn't do his due diligence. I was a desperation hire as well as another guy(who ended up being a compulsive liar and thief). The time I spent there was only bearable because of my other team members.

Pros

fun team members

Cons

terrible management

Fun place and cooperative store environment

My store manager was very nice and paid great attention to employees. Team members are really friendly and cooperative. Numerous products need to arrange in order, but the top management in office always changed their decisions about the promotion plans and product displays in a very short time. So the stores had to rearrange the products again and again, which wasted lots of time...

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Long hours standing

No comment

Miniso have the bad manager in management team. He loves to change everything in the store (too much work) and he wants it done in short period of time. He dislikes customers' comments malfunctions and angry customers.

Working at Miniso was good.

Miniso is a Japanese store that you can buy affordable, and good quality products. Miniso had a complete package of items and the employees are very friendly and approachable.

I don't recommend it.

My colleagues are very nice and easy to work with but they have a very bad management. They would change everything in the store (too much work) and they want it done in short period of time. Also, they would have a confusing promos causing system malfunctions and angry customers.

Very disorganized

There were always product shortages which effected store image and overall business. There is also no corporate structure or regional management leadership, everything is made up on the spot and frequently changing.

Good for first retail job (maybe)

everything is so unorganized. even the store manager can't even answer team members' questions when it come to activities and peper works at the store.

Productive and Fun PLace to Work at

It's really nice, everyone is friendly, management is good overall, Love working here. you get to learn alot besides just being a cashier, sales associate or even stocking.

Do not recommend

Upper management is worst , they don’t know what they are doing . Very unorganized team , did not have proper department leader such as health and Safety specialist, L&P special and so on. So called GTA area manager behaviour is rude toward the staff under her management. Unstable job. Lack of communication, each and everyone of upper management team will tell you doing things differently. If you speak Chinese there are more chances for you to get the job.

Just dont do it

This company is awful And soul draining. Even though you put all your hard work in there, you get no recognition. The great job card, is a joke too. It just worth $10, and you've no idea how you can even claim that $10. You still have to do work when you're off the clock. Be ready for your phone going off in off work hours. And you'll be in 5 million different work chats. Especially if you are part of the management team. Be ready for your heart being broken do many times there because of all the hard work you have put in, and you get no recognition. Head office would not sol e any of your problems, they will just belittle you and waste your time. And the conference calls, the one area manager there, will go off track nonstop. And doesnt know how to make sense in anything that she says. Just dont do it. And when products are recalled due to moldy sponges. Well, we wont make it public, we just scratch out the barcode, and destroy the product. Eveb customers didnt know, because well, we dont want anyone to know. A lot of secord oht there, still have expired food as well. Wechat.

Review

Honestly better as a part time. Full time here does not give much rewards. Easy work to adjust to but management and location does play a big role in overall experience

Just don't do it

Miniso does not follow any standard whatsoever, head office is a big mess. They expect way to much, that no other company follows. If I could give them a negative start I would! They definitely won't last long.

It is a slow pace working environment.

Slow pace working environment, sometimes busy. Nice staff and shift supervisors, customers are ok, a bit boring while working, have to ask the customers that if they need baskets every time.

Cons

Long hours, 30 minutes break for 8 hours of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miniso Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

2.2Job security/advancement

Compare Miniso Canada with

• Miniso Canada
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?