Miniso Canada

Miniso Canada Employee Reviews

Enjoyed this job and I always look forward to talking to people about our products. Really want the company to succeed no matter what! I had nice co workers.
MINISO is a fast-growing company. Colleagues are very nice. International Working environment. Sometimes can be stressful but coworkers are very helpful!
It is a very unorganized company that is very money based vs. Customer service based. No sense of customer service, less than adequate training, they don’t keep you in the loop about things that are happening, they handle this covid situation very lightly and do not properly clean or supply the items to clean with. Expect you to work alone in a giant store with no breaks sometimes, in a 10-11 hr shift they only give you a 30 min break and thats if someone else is there. At a high traffic store they typically only have 4-5 employees which is not enough to keep the store running and meet their expectations at night. You basically stand at cash and do nothing else but that because it is so busy.
Pros
You dont have to do customer service
Cons
Long hours, Terrible pay, No breaks sometimes, Terrible organization
Working at Miniso, is tough but rewarding. I started working when the company was still starting to build up. Tough because you have to own the store from small details to any challenges. Rewarding because I faced any difficulties and criticisms. Working as a manager at Bramalea is very challenging and fun. I have a very strong team becoming leaders and I am proud that I am part of their journeys. My favourite part is getting new cute collections and connecting with customers. If you are fun and a positive person, join us as we are getting stronger as a company! Let’s build the team together! ☺️
Pros
Rewards ( Great Job cards), bonuses
Cons
Theft, IT problems
The manager like a stubborn elder mom, follow her obey or bich you around... memory is not sharp, tell u this today, tell u that tomorrow, u like wth?Tips to keep ur job there:1. still profit and jobs there under Covid...2.make u always "looks busy", efficiency is a dumb word there3.remember even u know some managers talking busht, well u have to listen and don't forget to nod.
Cons
lots low educational staff emails from anywhere ask basically everything
This company is starting to grow in the right direction, I am proud I got to contribute to its success! Head office just needs to notice hard work.
Pros
Nice location (Erin Mills), very nice staff and fun!
Cons
Underpaid, hard work unnoticed, overload of work
The management was literal trash and didn't treat workers very well. District managers would often come in and undo all the work that was previously done for little to no reason. The manager that hired me quit barely a month later and didn't do his due diligence. I was a desperation hire as well as another guy(who ended up being a compulsive liar and thief). The time I spent there was only bearable because of my other team members.
Pros
fun team members
Cons
terrible management
My store manager was very nice and paid great attention to employees. Team members are really friendly and cooperative. Numerous products need to arrange in order, but the top management in office always changed their decisions about the promotion plans and product displays in a very short time. So the stores had to rearrange the products again and again, which wasted lots of time...
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours standing
Miniso have the bad manager in management team. He loves to change everything in the store (too much work) and he wants it done in short period of time. He dislikes customers' comments malfunctions and angry customers.
Miniso is a Japanese store that you can buy affordable, and good quality products. Miniso had a complete package of items and the employees are very friendly and approachable.
My colleagues are very nice and easy to work with but they have a very bad management. They would change everything in the store (too much work) and they want it done in short period of time. Also, they would have a confusing promos causing system malfunctions and angry customers.
There were always product shortages which effected store image and overall business. There is also no corporate structure or regional management leadership, everything is made up on the spot and frequently changing.
everything is so unorganized. even the store manager can't even answer team members' questions when it come to activities and peper works at the store.
Princess the DM talks negatively about you to your coworkers and won’t say anything constructive to your face and then will terminate you after probation with no reason. She also complains about associates availability and has fired them for this reason but can’t give full time hours to management positions. She hired a larger amount of people at our store because she thought most of them would quit by now. She transferred one of our keyholders without proper training (none of us were trained). My first day of orientation I had to set up my store from scratch (again with no training). There’s still hours that haven’t been paid to some of our associates from December. It’s so bad our new manager quit before her fourth week. Honestly it's not worth it, waste of time.
It's really nice, everyone is friendly, management is good overall, Love working here. you get to learn alot besides just being a cashier, sales associate or even stocking.
Upper management is worst , they don’t know what they are doing . Very unorganized team , did not have proper department leader such as health and Safety specialist, L&P special and so on. So called GTA area manager behaviour is rude toward the staff under her management. Unstable job. Lack of communication, each and everyone of upper management team will tell you doing things differently. If you speak Chinese there are more chances for you to get the job.
This company is awful And soul draining. Even though you put all your hard work in there, you get no recognition. The great job card, is a joke too. It just worth $10, and you've no idea how you can even claim that $10. You still have to do work when you're off the clock. Be ready for your phone going off in off work hours. And you'll be in 5 million different work chats. Especially if you are part of the management team. Be ready for your heart being broken do many times there because of all the hard work you have put in, and you get no recognition. Head office would not sol e any of your problems, they will just belittle you and waste your time. And the conference calls, the one area manager there, will go off track nonstop. And doesnt know how to make sense in anything that she says. Just dont do it. And when products are recalled due to moldy sponges. Well, we wont make it public, we just scratch out the barcode, and destroy the product. Eveb customers didnt know, because well, we dont want anyone to know. A lot of secord oht there, still have expired food as well. Wechat.
Honestly better as a part time. Full time here does not give much rewards. Easy work to adjust to but management and location does play a big role in overall experience
Miniso does not follow any standard whatsoever, head office is a big mess. They expect way to much, that no other company follows. If I could give them a negative start I would! They definitely won't last long.
Slow pace working environment, sometimes busy. Nice staff and shift supervisors, customers are ok, a bit boring while working, have to ask the customers that if they need baskets every time.
Cons
Long hours, 30 minutes break for 8 hours of work
Friendly associates with good management team. I would say that it was fun working with my colleagues and helping customers to find what they were looking for.
  1. Employee reviews