Miniso Canada

Miniso Canada Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
No comment
Miniso have the bad manager in management team. He loves to change everything in the store (too much work) and he wants it done in
short period of time. He dislikes customers' comments malfunctions and angry customers.
Working at Miniso was good.
Miniso is a Japanese store that you can buy affordable, and good quality products. Miniso had a complete package of items and the employees are very friendly and approachable.
I don't recommend it.
My colleagues are very nice and easy to work with but they have a very bad management. They would change everything in the store (too much work) and they want it done in short period of time. Also, they would have a confusing promos causing system malfunctions and angry customers.
Very disorganized
There were always product shortages which effected store image and overall business. There is also no corporate structure or regional management leadership, everything is made up on the spot and frequently changing.
Good for first retail job (maybe)
everything is so unorganized. even the store manager can't even answer team members' questions when it come to activities and peper works at the store.
This job is a joke.
Princess the DM talks negatively about you to your coworkers and won’t say anything constructive to your face and then will terminate you after probation with no reason. She also complains about associates availability and has fired them for this reason but can’t give full time hours to management positions. She hired a larger amount of people at our store because she thought most of them would quit by now. She transferred one of our keyholders without proper training (none of us were trained). My first day of orientation I had to set up my store from scratch (again with no training). There’s still hours that haven’t been paid to some of our associates from December. It’s so bad our new manager quit before her fourth week. Honestly it's not worth it, waste of time.
Productive and Fun PLace to Work at
It's really nice, everyone is friendly, management is good overall, Love working here. you get to learn alot besides just being a cashier, sales associate or even stocking.
Do not recommend
Upper management is worst , they don’t know what they are doing . Very unorganized team , did not have proper department leader such as health and Safety specialist, L&P special and so on. So called GTA area manager behaviour is rude toward the staff under her management. Unstable job. Lack of communication, each and everyone of upper management team will tell you doing things differently. If you speak Chinese there are more chances for you to get the job.
Just dont do it
This company is awful And soul draining. Even though you put all your hard work in there, you get no recognition. The great job card, is a joke too. It just worth $10, and you've no idea how you can even claim that $10. You still have to do work when you're off the clock. Be ready for your phone going off in off work hours. And you'll be in 5 million different work chats. Especially if you are part of the management team. Be ready for your heart being broken do many times there because of all the hard work you have put in, and you get no recognition. Head office would not sol e any of your problems, they will just belittle you and waste your time. And the conference calls, the one area manager there, will go off track nonstop. And doesnt know how to make sense in anything that she says.

Just dont do it. And when products are recalled due to moldy sponges. Well, we wont make it public, we just scratch out the barcode, and destroy the product. Eveb customers didnt know, because well, we dont want anyone to know. A lot of secord oht there, still have expired food as well. Wechat.
Review
Honestly better as a part time. Full time here does not give much rewards. Easy work to adjust to but management and location does play a big role in overall experience
Just don't do it
Miniso does not follow any standard whatsoever, head office is a big mess. They expect way to much, that no other company follows. If I could give them a negative start I would! They definitely won't last long.
It is a slow pace working environment.
Slow pace working environment, sometimes busy. Nice staff and shift supervisors, customers are ok, a bit boring while working, have to ask the customers that if they need baskets every time.
Cons
Long hours, 30 minutes break for 8 hours of work
Great
I met a lot of great people working for this company. If you're good at what you do, it is easy to request promotions/transfers. Few issues with how certain staff were being treated but when addressed these issues were for the most part fixed. Few problems with ordering merchandise (as management).
Is it possible to give management an overall rating of ZERO stars?
Working at MINISO Canada was the MOST unorganized and stressful time in my career to this date. I came in looking to make a positive impact, yet management saw me was a disposable employee. Whether you work in head office or in the store, your position is not secure.

Management here has unethical standards and expectations in the pursuit to “somehow” succeed in the Canadian retail market. All they care about is making a quick dollar. Upper management lacks patience, proper communication skills and fail to value all employee efforts. Employees (head office and store) work long hours for no overtime pay and VERY last-minute sales campaigns left departments scrambling to put together materials required for stores.

There is no respect for employees. If you don’t speak Mandarin, I can assure that if you’re not performing, you become trash talked. If you complete a project/task, upper management likely changes course of action and blames you for putting everyone behind based on the original task you were assigned to do. I don’t know if it’s the language barrier that hinders them from communicating what they mean to say, but it doesn’t compensate for their lack of empathy and decision making.

There were occasions MINISO has worked with agencies and printing companies to have PR events and marketing materials completed for promotions. If you’re an agency or printing company, beware of the large amount of changes and subsequent frustration that will come. Upper Management (i.e. the National Representative) will trash talk behind your if you don’t perform up to their unreasonable
 - more...
Very bad company
Very unorganised work culture the management doesn't know what they are doing and its very stressful to work there. You basically have to be a yes man if u want to survive in that company .
No job security,poor upper management
I was hired at miniso for the opening of a new store as a manager. My area manager did not know what he was doing and ultimately the store failed because of the fact that they refused to do any advertising. By the time the store was closing, it was back to school shopping time and the foot traffic in the mall has increased dramatically,too little too late. Although I have ten years experience,I was constantly undermined and store could not run smoothlytyearsexperience threfused to take ayearsof retail experience the arand made a suggestion on how to obtain free advertising
Horrifying People at Head Office
My whole team and another (where my friend had worked) all quit around the same time. We literally only had each other for support from all the crazy things management did to us. Several of my coworkers had cried during their shifts (including me) and we could no longer hold in the growing anxiety we developed working here. The HR there was no help at all because the were always on the side of the head office. Not worth the verbal abuse and depreciation. Don't work here unless you're a literal robot.
Overworking key holders and store managers
Management would overwork key holders and store managers by forcing them to do tasks that are beyond their job requirements. Key holders would be expected to do tasks that are made for store managers and store managers would be expected to do tasks that are made for area managers. Whenever we made minor mistakes management would put us down instead of kindly correcting us. Overall this job was physically and mentally exhausting.
Just don't
Head office operations are a mess and consistently in flux. No tact or consideration for employees. A mess in general. Store closures everywhere and completely leaving workers blind.
The store itself was okay but the management overall SUCKED
The store in which I worked in was nice for most of the people hired there were friendly people but the management is HORRIBLE. They do not care for their worker at all and just care for what benefits them. I went through 5 manager in just my first year working there and most of the original hires who worked there left within 6 months with the rest leaving before the year was over. So if you apply, pick a store with a good environment so that you’ll experience one good thing but don’t expect any benefits or anything’s like that. Overall it’s an store who’ll pay you the average salary required of them but that’s all nothing more but bad management. A price of advice, you can do better than this place
Disappointed...
My manager and coworkers were amazing but the crud from head office made it really hard to enjoy my time there. It was an easy job and not as fast-paced as I expected until suddenly one day we were given notice that our location was being shut down due to company restructuring. The company offers their employees no discounts or benefits and are also horrible at communicating. Over all, I’m really disappointed with the company but value my experience.