MindGeek Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2018
MindGeek represents everything that is wrong with a corporate company. Higher-ups make insane salaries compared to entry-level employees and your education does not matter, everyone starts at the same level unless you are friends with some higher-ups. They will mask terrible salaries with goodies on the side and will highly recommend speaking about raises, but then never follow through or give some inadequate reason as to why you are not receiving it. The only good thing about this company is the people, but these good people are driven away by the unfairness and hypocrisy that the company seems to thrive on.
Pros
Free breakfast, fantastic co-workers
Cons
Nepotism, bro-culture, hypocrisy, not competitive salaries, terrible management, low incentives, HR never helps, retention
Good work environment, poor salary.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
- Good work environment
- Very poor salary
- The benefits are okay.
- Not suitable for long-term employment
- No overtime
- Flex hours
- good location
Pros
Good work environment, good location, Flex hours
Cons
Very poor salary, No overtime
Fun is not everything
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2018
Yes, MindGeek offers free breakfast and lots of parties, however, those types of benefits are not worth it.

Very cut throat environment with no job security and very strict hierarchy . The fear of losing your job is a daily struggle, people drop like flies.

It is a great company if you are a "yes" person and always have your head down with no ambition. Otherwise, you will be bullied and forced out. Sadly the HR department is there to plan parties and help directors, they are not there for employees.

It's a good place to learn some skills which you can take to other companies where you will be able to grow and be better treated.
Pros
free breakfast, parties
Cons
bullying, no support, bad management, no loyalty, ambition is frowned upon
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Mind Geek
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2018
Mind Geek was a pleasant place to work, with many benefits and respect for their employees. They were flexible and accommodating when needed. Unfortunately my department was terminated, at no fault of my team. The company decided to no longer continue the site
Nice place to work
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
PROS:
A lot of benefits:
Breakfast
Great Christmas Parties
Summer Hours
Tuition fees
Insurance Plan
Free Food

CONS:
No RRSP plan.
Managment Nepotism.
Pros
Work/Life balance is one of the best out there.
Cons
Evaluations are more based on friendship not work performance.
Fun productive and friendly environement
Montreal, CA- Senior Front-End Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2018
Chance to work with talented people
-Great office vibe and culture
-Not many companies are of this scale that offers you vast experience in your field
-Flexible working hours plus we only work 35 hours per week
-Good communication with upper management
Poorly managed business model with zero regard for product, or employee satisfaction
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
The initial company was built on a sound platform; product centric with an arsenal of competitive products working in unison to deliver new and exciting technologies. Today's MindGeek is far devoid from this, rather it is run by a roster of nepotist executives who rely too heavily on lower level, underpaid employees to make strategic decisions with very little praise and very little reassurance. Plagued by employee turn over, poorly managed business units (often a result of nepotism) and a loss of identity (no longer product centric), MindGeek is becoming its own worst enemy, and is beginning to succumb to the realization that money and greed over identity is not always the answer.

Has the potential to be great, but requires a great deal of attention from management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Parking, nepotism, poor management, uncompetitive salary
Fun coworkers, interesting technology, many learning opportunities
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2015
I can come in any time between 7:00am and 10:30 am.
We enjoy free breakfasts and coffee.
We can usually work at a comfortable pace.
We take part in our scrums then resume our duties for the day.
We are frequently introduced to new technologies.
There's a mandatory 1 hour lunch break.
Leave any time between 4:00pm and 6:30pm (or later if needed).

The skill of Management changes drastically between teams.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with inaccurate estimates for projects.

Overall a very good place as long as you don't get caught up in politics but compensation could be better.
Pros
Fun people, relaxed atmosphere, 35 hour work weeks, Free breakfast, Health benefits, Fitness budget, Discounts with nearby businesses, Flex hours, Cafeteria, Kitchens on each floor
Cons
Dramatic salary ranges between employees, frequent exposure to adult content, no RSVP benefits
Good place to learn
QA Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2018
Well, you have a lot of freedom and you can climb to the top if you work hard. But on the bad side, your department can get let Lay off pretty easily and there is so much politic it's juste terrible.
Great opportunities
Senior Frontend Developer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC10 May 2018
After 5 years at MindGeek and multiple teams, I can say that I was able to grow my career within the company. There are so many opportunities for improvement and advancement. You just have to be looking for them, and pushing the right people.

Want to know more about MindGeek?

Ask a question
None Ethical
customer service retention (Former Employee) –  7777 Blvd Décarie, Montreal, QC5 January 2016
They dont pay the Retention team well. all the big bosses that manages the departments are clowns. My reason that I lost my Job wasnt the one that was written... Also HR get invovled in a department that has nothing to do with the rest of the compnay, they will re-hire or hire out side the compnay to have everyone at minimum waige. If you go to billing support and do well they will find a way to get you a warning (deciplenary measure) so that your stuck there for 6 month and will carry that trough out every 6 months. Your on your own even the managers dont want to help I dont want anyone else to go though everything they promis and dont allow you to get out. Once sur in billing you will be stuck there.....

Billings is the worse job you can have there...
Pros
They have big benifits, you will make so little money you sont get to use them tough.
Cons
Retention, customer service. is worse then picking up garbage on the side of the street.
Good Company
Senior Développeur Web (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2018
*Good People
*Excellent Experience
*I'm very thankful for the experience I got from working there, I made a lot friends, I learned a lot and gave a lot technology
Pros
everything
Cons
minor but not important
fun place to work - lacks ability to move up
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2017
mindgeek is a great place to work if you want to be relaxed and have fun. everyone is super nice. where they lack is moving up, it takes a really long time. salary is meh...you really have to ask for it in order for it to be given to you.. over all its a great place to start and gain experience, but dont expect to retire here.
Pros
free breakfast everyday, parties, random 5 a 7 and lunches
Cons
hard to move up, salary isnt amazing
Great work enviroment
Visual Mobile Designer - Liquidum Apps (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc13 October 2015
Great co-workers, young friendly environment,great benefits, can be difficult to grow, poor management. Lots of politics, however the people make it worth while
Pros
free breakfast and birthday lunch, great work activities, flex time, unlimited payed sick days
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work, free breakfast every morning and once a month lunch
Sr. Web Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
Overall a decent place to work as long as it's viewed as a stepping stone and not a career.
I overstayed my welcome I guess after 10+ years with them with a poor excuse as to why I no longer fit the bill.
Pros
Free Lunch, breakfast and great parties
Cons
Terrible management from the top down and absolutely no loyalty.
productive
Advertisement Developer (Current Employee) –  montreal quebec20 August 2015
Mindgeek is a very fun and professional work environment. Lots of good benefits comes with the jobs along with many other perks.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Gens Jeune et dynamique
Representant aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 April 2018
Bonne ambiance de travail, gens jeune et dynamique
Pros
dejeuner gratuit
Cons
mauvaise clientele
Editor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2016
I have been working at MindGeek full-time (More than a year)
-Great people to work with
-Free Breakfast
-Flex Time
-Good benefits
-Excellent ambiance
Great place to work!!
Content formatter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2018
Lots of great food, social activities and amenities. Had a great time working there.

You will be working with some of the most talented people and well organized environments. They have a liberal work culture and lots of room to move around.
Pros
Birthday lunches, social activities.
Cons
Parking
Very fun to work in with pool and tennis tables
WEB Developer - Team Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2015
Great place to work in a lot of opportunities to grow technically and personally (based on own experience where I start with my management experience).
Agile driven development, great colleges - smart creatives.
Definitely a good place for juniors who are looking to jump start and make a leap advancement in their carriers.
Management is always looking howto to improve working environment and provide better mechanism for feedback.
There is no hardest part of the job for those who are responsible and committed to success of the project they are working on.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when production release is went through on time and without any downturn.
A lot of perks at company tennis and pool tables, foosball tables, TVs, big cafeteria, video games and etc.
Flexible time at place with summer hours allowance.
Pros
Birthday lunches and free breakfasts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MindGeek. Our community is ready to answer.

MindGeek Reviews by Location