MindGeek

MindGeek Employee Reviews

Horrible management, tried to bring it up with HR and was ignored. Me and another coworker from my department “failed” our probation over a petty supervisor. Unfortunate since I really did like the job. If you apply here just remember that mindgeek is still a corporation...
Pros
good advantages
Cons
terrible management
Depending on the department you work in, your experience will vary greatly. If you have a good leader and team, it's possible to have a good experience working there. If not, the environment is cold and can be hostile, they take themselves and the business overly seriously compared to their human capital, ultimately treating you like a number despite not being a huge company.
Pros
Parties
Cons
work/life balance, low pay, questionable ethics, do not operate in good faith
If it's ok for you to be a part of the adult entertainment industry and see naked bodies on the screen all day long, there is nothing that can stop me from recommending to work for them. Great people, great corporate culture, wonderful work/life balance (35 hour week at the location in Montreal). Weird, but I felt proud for the company. Again, the people I worked with are absolutely great.Also, learnt A LOT on the job.
Pros
free breakfast, company events, 35 hour week, great people
Cons
adult content takes time to get used to
Overall, this is a nice place. Partys are great, they know how to cater their employees on these occasion. Unfortunately, they don't think that editing is a valuable job, so they don't pay really what's worth.
As shadow security, I had to follow the owners around and ensure that they were always safe and protected. When they were asleep, I was in charge of protecting the building of offices. It was a slow paced environment, only because I was highly trained and prepared.
Pros
Pay, versatility, fulfilling
Cons
Long hours, danger
This company wants you to be there slaves. They don’t care what the make the employees endure. Literally the worst company I’ve worked for. Extremely stressful and inhuman HR. If you start in billing they only see you as peasants. You will never get out of there. They don’t pay well, but other departments have a collection of exotic cars they make growl in the basement garage and you can’t even hear your costumes on the phone .
Partisanship is a huge factor in their culture, especially in advancing into a higher role. The tone of the environment can be stressful and appears as they do not care about your well being. Hires only by referrals. The benefits and perks are good, not that great. If hired take the job for a year then move on.
The technical stack is rather old, this sis the type of place you go when you aren't looking at improving your skills. The management is very closed minded.
If I say too much they'll send people after me lol. Jokes aside, MindGeek is a chill place to work at... if you keep your head LOW. Play the game the way they tell you to and MindGeek can be a great career springboard for developers. The "adult" aspect of the company is taken with respect mostly and does add some trill to the job, no puns intended. That said, the culture also has a dark side. There seems to have been a top-down "clean-up" done recently, possibly to remedy that very issue. Ask around past employees and you will hear of incidents which should never happen under any circumstance... people "told" to "obey" - or else... Like I mentioned, I believe that group of bad apples are no longer there. Don't let this review turn you off to MindGeek especially if you are a junior developer looking to progress. MindGeek does a lot for it's employees. It's fun work environment is worth the experience.
I was still in probation and was top three sellers out of my training group yet AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY ON MY BIRTHDAY they pull me aside out of the coat check line and fire me. Saying I didint meet company standard?? Even though many other people who were hired at the same time had significantly worse performance. It was just to scare the other workers into preforming better. I was also told by some of the employees that the sales coach went around bragging how he was the one who pushed to get me fired because he didint like me . The whole situation was disgustingly unprofessional and I was felt with in a really cold manner it’s sad because I did enjoy working there but what kind of company treats a good employee like that?
I worked at Mindgeek in the billing support department. Essentially I was taking calls from angry or confused customers who didn't understand their bills. It was quite stressful and the position was very demanding.
The culture is really great .. bigs partys, they give a lot to their employees. People are really friendly! The only downside are the salaries are a little bit low , 2 weeks vacations ,and they dont have teleworks ( probably wont have it any time soon)
Nice office, cool people, breakfast and awsome parties, unfortunate very low salaries and once per year they fired 15% of the payroll so no job security at all.
Pros
Breakfast
Cons
Salaries
It's fine, the work sometimes gets odd. A lot of bad organization within the teams, odd delays and somewhat bad communication within co-workers. A lot of the people working don't have any video editing experience or haven't used Premiere at all, which made the task of reviewing for QC a bit tricky for some issues.
Pros
Breakfast every morning, free
Cons
Bad organization and odd hiring process for other teams
Not the best in terms of salary, constantly letting staff go and hiring for cheaper. Employees and staff parties are the best part of mindgeek. I did manage to learn new programs such as after effects, I trained with some very talented employees and learnt a lot. Work load can get hectic at times but always manageable.
The company pays well. I guess it depends on what job you do there. For some people might be great, for others like me, it is not my cup of tea.Met good people there though.
They value the investments they make in their workforce and are very open to putting people in positions that will help them succeed in the long term.
i worked here for over 2 years as a sales agent, and through out this time a lot change in the company. management doesnt really care for the coworkers environment only focus on the $$. the turnover rate at his place is ridiculously high.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
poor management
As a starting place, this company provides a lot of knowledge and experience. However, individuals are not encouraged to grow past their initial job function.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
repetitive tasks
Worked there for 3 years, in the beginning it was an amazing work place with a ton of benefits. As the years went by everything started to decline from the benefits to co workers. They decreased the starting wage in the customer care department which resulted in way too many bad hires. They also turned customer care into this sales driven environment which isn't a bad thing when your agents are being compensated appropriately. The cut out many positions which minimized opportunity for advancement. Nepotism and favoritism. POC's do not advance as quickly as others.
As long as you look a little into what kind of websites Mindgeek owns and you're okay with that, it's a great place to work at. Lots of promotion opportunities both in and out of your original hiring department. Free coffee, building placement is decent (near metro and decarie). Lots of parties and perks for employees. Great place overall.
Pros
Comission, parties, great location and environment
Cons
Low starting salary outweighed by comission.
  1. Employee reviews