Miller Waste Systems Inc Employee Reviews

Unfair workplace
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 October 2019
I worked at the Newmarket location for about a year and a half.. i did like it and my co-workers. My supervisor, had her pets that she favoured, picked/bullied people she did not like. I was let go “we feel your not a fit for miller” when i showed up maintenance Fridays, volunteer days, audits, and stayed for over time. I had one of the highest pick counts and had my bucket filled everyday with hazarest waste materials . I worked very hard when cleaning downstairs at the end of the day. Always had my eyes open for jam up on other lines that i could see frim my spot.
12 November 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion about your time with us. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into these allegations seriously.

The most enjoyable part of the job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 October 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees, supervisors and great work environment. Always going to work with a smile on my face and it's the staff the guys the supervisors that's makes this company such a great work environment.
Pros
Job security and great company benefits
Cons
Working in all weather environments
12 November 2019

We are so glad to hear you are happy at Miller Waste! Thank you for your comments regarding our work environment. We champion a culture that is collaborative, inclusive and a friendly one.

Best company I have ever worked for!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 August 2019
I have nothing but great things to say about Miller Waste Systems Inc. From starting on a truck to advancing to the role of District Manager. This company loves to promote within and I am a true example of that. Management took the time to prepare me, train me and guide me to a place that allows me to do my job with confidence. Miller Waste Systems Inc. will be the company I retire with, no doubt in my mind.
5 September 2019

We are so glad to hear you are happy at Miller Waste! Thank you for your comments regarding advancement. We champion a culture that provides career opportunities to our employees.

Most unsafe, dead end job ever
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  3500 White Oak Road17 August 2019
I worked here for 2 months and both my boss and my partner sat around and smoked so much pot they didn’t know what they were doing and couldn’t grasp the simplest of things at times. They fail to provide you with proper safety gear when welding and get angry with you when you catch them getting high first thing the morning (despite showing up 2 hours early to help do yesterday’s work they didn’t finish) They get high and text/ use social media while driving. The pay is not worth the risk and stress you’ll endure.
5 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into these allegations seriously. We hope that the two individuals you had a negative experience with didn't detract from your interactions with all of the other good people that work at Miller Waste.

A company with a strong team environment and great opportunities for advancement.
Parts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 August 2019
I was hired by Miller in December 2018 as midnight shift Parts Co-ordinator. Since then, I have had great success with the opportunity to advance to Parts Supervisor. I work with an amazing team of people that continuously support me on a daily basis to ensure I can get my job done in an efficient and timely manner. The culture of Miller Waste is a very friendly and welcoming one. I am very proud to call them my employer and look forward to many years ahead.
5 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our Company. You couldn't be more right when you say our people are amazing and supportive. We agree!
We're lucky to have found so many outstanding performers who are also fun to be around. Thanks for your comments about our culture being friendly and welcoming. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time with us.

Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Facilities Health & Safety Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario12 August 2019
I've been employed by Miller Waste for 10 years, and it is by far the best company I've worked for. It has a family-like atmosphere, and the supervisors and managers take the time to get to know you, and genuinely care about each worker. They have their priorities straight, too - family always comes first.
Safety is their number one concern, and will happily ensure you have the knowledge, skills, supervision and training to do your job safely and well. Hard work is noticed and rewarded, along with a view towards exceptional customer service. Opportunities to make a difference in your community are abundant - it never ceases to amaze me how much difference one can make just by picking up someone's garbage, and taking a few seconds to get to know the customers. It makes all the difference for the customer, and for you and Miller.
Understand, though, the jobs are challenging, both physically and mentally. I have never had my patience and my body tested as much as when doing curbside collection. You will not have to go to the gym (though Miller does provide a GoodLife Fitness discount!)
Those who truly care about doing a good job, and taking pride in their job, will find Miller Waste to be a welcoming and productive place to make a job into a career. If you are looking for a 'forever' employer, I will say Miller Waste can be that company. With excellent benefits and pension packages, you will be hard-pressed to find a better place to work, as long as you're willing to put in the effort each day.
5 September 2019

Thank you for taking to time to share your experience. Thanks for your comments about employee recognition. We put emphasis on recognizing and rewarding performance, and your feedback is the perfect reminder of how much that recognition matters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller Waste Systems Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Miller Waste Systems Inc Reviews by Location