Millennium 1 Solutions Employee Reviews

Good learning place.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
Millennium 1 solutions is a good place to start with for the beginners.However, it doesnt provide its employees with work life balance. Odd shifts, extended working hours with low salary.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
low wedges
Only work there if you have to!
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS22 February 2019
Just worked there because it was an easy job to acquire. Not the best for advancement or in terms of how stressful one becomes having to deal with customers who have been abused by many companies that don't have their best interests as their main priority.
Pros
Vacation?
Cons
Underpaid, undervalued
brutal
customer care rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2019
mentally draining, bad management. Felt the atmosphere drain my mental and physical energy. A call center where helping the customer was not the top priority
Pros
picnics at times
Cons
long hours and rotating schedule
facile
no tele-marketing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2019
la journée passe très vite dépendamment des clients.
Millennium is my family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2019
I learned a lot from this workplace, it's been one year working there. Team leaders are so cooperative helping and caring. Workload is divided into different sections and the modern technology makes it easier to wrap up the files and documents quickly. I feel so confident after working with such fantastic company and I've learned a lot. I've got my communication skills improved and I learned how to deal with people with different behaviors. Working with millennium was an amazing experience.
Pros
Personal lockers, Sick room facility, First aid is available, Lunch room with all facilities, elevators for needy people makes your work life easy.
Cons
Flexible hours, Double money for extra hours after 44 hrs. per week.
Low work- home balance
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2019
Not a very good company. Good to start a career for Students, Immigrants.
Minimum wage.
No cellphones & food allowed
Back to back calls.
Exhausting job
worst call center in Ottawa
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2019
BACK TO BACK CALLS!! You will receive a call 2 seconds after you dealt with the previous one. 12 hour shifts most of the times, they schedule you for over time almost every week. Management is terrible.
Cons
Rarely will you get what you're owed.
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 January 2019
I've been working here since 2017, and I have rarely been paid properly without a fight. When a pay problem occurs you're constantly told it will be on your next pay, and you'll hear this for weeks. The management team lacks leadership and you do not feel supported a lot of the time because of favoritism. You do not get paid for quick bathroom breaks, you do not get paid if you accidentally forget to click a button after a call. This all adds up to 1-2+ hours at the end of the month that you're not paid for. Training is not long enough, often leaving new employees completely confused and longer lasting employees left to pick up the slack. Constantly offering extra pay benefits, but then taking them away a week before payday.
Pros
looks good on a resume, schedule out early, sometimes free snacks, co-workers, usually lots of room for advancement because everyone quits
Cons
schedule changes, very clique like management, never paid properly
a calamity
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2019
the Canadian government employment laws has to take a look into this employers employment schemes and short cuts to MTO(Mandatory Time Off),its very unprofessional and unethical for this unjustified means of short paying staffers with a lame excuse of selling products to customers who don't deserve to be LIED to!!!
Pros
non
Cons
cheating
Understanding management, horrible pay.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 January 2019
I used to work at the Orangeville location as a claims analyst, and honestly, it was a great place to work. They were very understanding with family matters. It’s a very laid back low key environment. Hours are very manageable. Always overtime.
My only complaint is you do not get paid properly for the job that you’re doing. And I can tell you that’s the longest standing complaint you will hear from anyone who works there. Also the benefits aren’t good at all.
Some of the trainers are completely dumbfounded. Have absolutely no social skills whatsoever.
Team leads are understanding, as long as you’re reaching target. One mess up and you get attitude for about a week.
Pros
Laid back low key environment
Cons
Pay, trainers
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2019
Flexible schedule, with the opportunity to learn and interact with customers. Good environment with different people. The job sometimes can be boring but it is easy to do.
Do what you can until you can do better, but PLEASE don't get comfortable here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2018
Do your research before working at this place or quitting your current job, know your Ontario employment rights, get very familiar with them before working here. Like most call centers, you don't really get to see the hidden toxic issues until you have been there for a few months. Anyone giving this place more than one star has not been there long enough or gets paid to do reviews on behalf of the company.
HR is there to help, if you ever disagree with a team leader or a Department manager, don't be afraid to challenge them if you feel you're being treated or disciplined unfairly, cheers.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Toxic Management Culture
Not a place to stay
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 December 2018
The company itself does not care one bit about its employees and treats them very poorly. If live walking distance it might be ok if there is nothing better. But I would not recommend it otherwise there are a lot better options.
Pros
Not working weekends.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 December 2018
I only worked at M1S for 3 weeks, and I had no other choice but to quit because of how it was affecting me. I walked out crying because I was extremely stressed and I didn’t go back. They actually got a therapist you can go and talk to because of the stress this job gives you. I don’t recommend anyone applying here. There are not enough TLs on the floor by day and by night to help you, if you’re late for work, or just coming back from your break, you will not get any pay for those minutes, you will get verbally abused by consumers daily, you do have to work during all holidays (including Christmas Day), and the hours are awful. I would definitely not recommend this job to anyone what so ever. It’s the worst possible place to work.
Pros
Coworkers and Instructors were amazing.
Cons
Too much.
Low Pay and No Chance for Advancement but Low Stress
Sunlife Insurance Adjudicator / Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 November 2018
The CEO, CFO, etc (everyone at the top) seem extremely awkward when they're around and interacting with the minimum wage workers, possibly because they feel a little guilty they are extracting so much wealth from them and providing so little back in return.
The CEO at a company barbecue stated "this meat reeks" to his buddies as he was cooking the frozen pre-made hamburgers, as if it was below him because it wasn't a 20$ steak. When he realized I was listening he awkwardly tried to backtrack.

Work / Life Balance: if you work in the insurance departments, the shifts are adaptable and it seems like it's almost impossible to get fired from this place in general if your attendance is bad.

Salary / Benefits: Salary is terrible. Benefits exist but are not great.

Job Security / Advancement: Chance at advancing your career here is zero so you'll be making close to minimum wage your entire life. As mentioned above though it seems like it's almost impossible to get fired from this place.

Management: The are just as unambitious as the regular workers since they are only getting paid a few dollars more than the regular workers so they generally do as little work as possible which means they stay out of your hair but you also don't get much feedback on how your doing. Expect your monthly review 3 months later.

Job Culture: If you're working in the insurance departments, the people who take those jobs do so probably for 2 main reasons: they don't have to talk to anyone for the entire shift and they don't have to physically move their entire shift. Not exactly the most personable
  more... people in general but there is also a lot of people who just like to have a good time there and live low stress lives so they are pretty fun.  less
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Low Wage / No chance for advancement
friendly atmosphere, fun job,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON31 October 2018
I like my coworkers and enjoy my job! My supervisor is very helpful and so is my trainer. Good job to have to teach you computer skills ,,,,get gift cards every month too!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Fun work environment, social with coworkers, benefits
Cons
hours
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Not recommendable to work here- Supervisors harrass the employees with their absurd office timings. Even less than 10 min late - you will get warnings anyway you will not get any pay for that. Very unprofessional.
M1S summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 October 2018
My experiences at millennium 1 solutions has been the best experience when working in a call centre for the first time. It has also been the best and friendliest working environment that i have ever seen in experience with customer service.

The hardest part about the job would have to be remembering all the important and basics about the credit union that they are with or they're card. i also experienced dealing with the customers who are very upset about there statements they got in the mail or there banking info.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
a lot to remember
Productive place and had free coffee
Cardinal Spec (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 October 2018
Typically the days were good and had a chance to be trained by a few amazing trainers whom I don't think are there normally in other places. The management was satisfactory and had a good job culture. But the pay was very low and there is always a fear that you can lose your job any time due to seasonal hiring and there was no vision of having a successful career in that company even after all the efforts you put in.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Low pay rates and no fixed time table.
Not Great
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2018
I got sick in my probation and they let me go as it was too much time at once. Untill that point i had no complaints other than needed to only work evenings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millennium 1 Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9