Millennium 1 Solutions Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2018
"Okay job to get customer service experience"

"Great Working Environment, Friendly & Fun" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
"Long hours after hours get tiring" (in 7 reviews)

"Limited growth opportunities and low pay"
Pros
"Okay job to get customer service experience"
Cons
"Limited growth opportunities and low pay"
Ideal for a very short employment not career
Risk Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON10 October 2018
-Answering phone Calls help customer with fraud or Dispute cases.
- not the best management there is lack of communication between managers.
- you barely get to see your reporting manager and all coaching are done electronically.
- it is well diverse in term of people.
-a shift period can last up to 9 hours per day more work and less compensation
- working conditions are not the best.
Cons
long hours, less compensation, more work
Great starting point
Senior Agent Fraud/Credit Analyst Manulife VISA (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON10 October 2018
High turnover as is common for any call center but for those who have the right skills and attitude there is lots of opportunity for growth and hiring from within.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
variable hours variable shifts
This place is not worth your time
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 October 2018
Do not apply here. Seriously, I wouldn’t wish this place on anyone. There are automatic doors on the front of this place for a reason-high turnover. If you look at people that work there, nobody ever smiles, morale is low and there is high absenteeism as nobody wants to be there. You have zero work life balance and long shifts. They also MTO people a lot when it’s not busy and it can happen many days in a row. At orientation HR and the trainers lie to you by saying that if you try hard and do well that you’ll get to advance...WRONG. You only advance in the company if you suck up to your TL or you’re part of the clique. You get harassed and demeaned every day. You don’t get paid for bathroom breaks. Everything you do is tracked and you get hounded by your TLs constantly. Policies change constantly without an email being sent to notify you. QA scores are inconsistent and you’ll lose out on top performer, pay for performance or raises if you are sick for a day in a month even with a medical note. You do not get adequate training before getting thrown on the phones. The management is not supportive and you’ll be seen as a robot or number rather than a person. The TLs play favourites and you’ll see many people getting away with socializing as the rest of the group have to deal with a high queue of calls. The place is dirty, inside and out. The stress from the calls is not worth it. You’ll get worn out and the way people talk to you will break you and cause you anxiety and stress. Many great agents left this place because of the garbage you have to put up with on a daily basis. Know  more... your rights as an employee as they will try to pull fast ones on you.
Do not apply here. You deserve better working conditions.
Worst place ever
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Canata26 September 2018
1 month to forget in my whole entire life.. i don’t recommend to work at this company.. my worst career experience ever , prefer to stay unemployed over working with this company
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low payment, disorganized management, lockers every where
Management Needs An Overhaul.
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 September 2018
I've worked here for roughly six months now. I've essentially only had TWO correct paycheques for the hours I worked. The remainder I've been required to wait two weeks for the money I was owed.

If you like working and not getting paid, it's the perfect place for you.
Pros
Free coffee?
Cons
Free Labour?
Disorganized Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS19 September 2018
High turn-over rate. Mismanaged with lines of communication broken down. Erratic schedule. Are unable to efficiently update there Standard Operating Procedures, to aid the Customer Service Rep's.
Passing Job
Support & Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 September 2018
BPO is considered as a passing job here. Nobody is serious. Discrimination and favoritism is at its peak.

Absolutely nothing to be learned. Zero growth.

Join only if you are a student/immigrant.
Pros
Ideal for a passing job
Cons
rotational shifts, incorrect payroll calculations, zero consideration of your issues, no growth.
Understanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke15 August 2018
Flexible
Discipline
Transparent Communication
Approachable Seniors
Smooth work environment
No extensive pressure/ forced stress

Proper training provided
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 August 2018
Taking calls was very stressful but the TL and trainers offered lot's of support. Work environment was fun, everyone was very helpful. It just wasn't for me.
Better working here then being unemployed
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Its a call center with school like atmosphere. No phones, no food, only formals. Chances for growth are bleak. However i wud like to appreciate the HR department who took care of my concerns even after i left the org.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Long shifts
Good pay
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 July 2018
a lot of mental draining work but good pay. Great benefits too. I currently work here and i will say overall if you are about making money then yes. If you have other responsibilities then no
Cons
long
Worst place I have ever worked for in 45 years!
Csr (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON24 July 2018
It's a joke! I asked myself everyday, WTF?!!! Why am I here?!!
Terrible Terrible Terrible place to work, you are lied to about the hrs you work, they don't tell you that you don't get holidays off until after you are hired and given up other jobs to work there!
It's no wonder they have to hire every week! The door spins constantly!

Every bad review you read is true and then some!
Very good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 July 2018
Millennium 1 Solutions was very good, they always put health first which is very good, they are a very positive work place, nobody was judged or anything, other then their strict dress code they were cvery good to work for
Pros
good hours
Cons
nothing
Fun and productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2018
M1S is a leading Canadian Business outsourcing solution provider, who is driven to meet their clients needs and expectations. M1S is a structured, innovative, well equipped and fun work environment with good team leaders, supervisors and team players who work together to achieve a predetermined goal or objective.
Great Place to work
Agent Trainer TD Waterhouse (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS18 July 2018
Great Place to work, I enjoy my time there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Company feels like a big family, plenty of staff events and competitive pay.
Place is a dump
Risk Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! I recall when we were in our 2 week training period, a colleague said she went online to read the reviews and how they were all bad,(I did the same thing) then another colleague said we don't know until we have the experience. Well, I can tell you now that we've had the experience, it's just plain horrible and a terrible place to work. Believe me!

For starter's, I was told $16/hr and they tried to pay me $14. I had to go HR and complain for them to fix it, however I know some people who were told the same thing, complained and are still in the same predicament of getting paid $14/Hr.

Secondly, I noticed how the main trainer has only been in the company for 2 years.(Excuse me, that's not enough time to be a part of a company to train other's, I mean to really know the ins and outs of a company work to teach other's) The second trainer hasn't been there for a year and she is definitely unfit to be a trainer as she was constantly seen giving agents incorrect information. (in my case, it was done intentionally) I'm saying, this is the part of the problem with the company and therefore there is a high turnover rate. People are in positions that they themselves really don't qualify for you understand what I'm saying.

Thirdly, I learned that management liked and have favouritism in high effect at this company which I think is normal for any company, you are going to want people who look like you to get ahead but it breeds a culture of unhealthy resentment. However, when management start treating workers
  more... unfairly or poorly in front of other workers for no apparent reason it's not good for team morale and togetherness you know what I'm saying.

Furthermore, a typical day at work would be fielding about 20-30 calls for customers, which to me really is easy.(I'm coming from Scotia where we dealt with twice as many more calls and helped customers with Debit cards not only Credit Cards) The most enjoyable part of the job I'm afraid to say it was really nothing at all and the hardest part was when you as a person wants to learn and grow but people in management are either repeatedly giving you limited information, just blatantly lying to your face, or trying to micro manage what you do to keep you from learning. I found myself asking "What's the objective of this company? Isn't to help the customer with the best of our capability or what's the objective here!?...Don't you want people to come to this company and be apart of it as opposed to it having an extremely high attrition rate." Which leads to me final point in this review

Fourthly, after long deliberation I have come to conclusion this is not a company for someone who is looking for a long term career. If you want a job for some quick cash then maybe yes this job is for you. I wanted to have a conversation with my supervisor about my observations within this company so I confronted her. She then called another supervisor and we all had a meeting, I address my concerns and realised that my supervisor could not tell me the truth if it meant to say her life. Obviously, the added supervisor could clearly see the points I was making in our meeting. I went outside for fresh air to process what happened came back in and told my supervisor to her face I'm done. I left my badge, water bottle, and headset on her desk and left. She panicked and tried to lie some more to me and went to go get the other supervisor who was in the meeting with us. As I was leaving the building another supervisor called my name several times asking me not to leave. I said to him "It's a shame, when you have people who want to be part of this company, but other's don't want them to be and then there are people who come to this company and don't want to be apart of this company and leave quickly". At the exit, the same supervisor who was called into the meeting meet me and said to me "I thought we said we were going to support you" I told her the same thing I told the previous supervisor and walked out the building with a sense of dignity.

Later that day, the head supervisor and human resources lead called me to talk about what happen. Basically, saying she didn't want me to leave but at that point it was a little too late I already came to my decision. That was 2 days ago that I QUIT. And so did 7 out of 16 people in our training class and that was not even in the space of two months. Four other people talked about doing the same thing, so you do the math.
Pros
The calls were easy to deal with.
Cons
Intentional giving incomplete or wrong information.
Terrible Place With Terrible Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 July 2018
If you think I'm exaggerating you will wish you listened 2 months into the job. Terrible pay, benefits, stressful and incompetent/corrupt management, They'll manipulate your hours, the job is not stable at all and they can fire you for no reason which I've seen several times, it's fast paced and stressful and then if your contract shuts down they'll either fire you or transfer you to somewhere you didn't apply for or want to go to and pay you the same even though you're working double your hours and 3x the calls you took before and say "Well it's in your contract we can move you wherever we want and we don't need to pay you more." Brown nose progression program, need to kiss the managers a** and be friends to get promoted and most people do it and cut their coworkers throats because they'll do anything to get off the phone. ANYTHING.
Pros
Sometimes Good Coworkers
Cons
Benefits are next to nothing, Low pay
Really tragic
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 June 2018
This place has so much potential but is not managed properly. They seemingly thrive off the backs of new comers hard work paying them minimum wage!

They do not give raises, nor are there any benefits to speak of. They do not recognize your hard work and dedication but instead value their friends being in the next leadership position versus , a genuinely strong worker.

Turn over is exceedingly high which is generally an indicator of some lack or disapproval. People dont leave things they are happy with that’s just a fact of life.

Do BETTER
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, pay, hours
poor management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2018
poor management and unwillingness to be flexible or to meet needs of employees makes this a poor work environment. do not recommend to anyone. lots of lies and lack of effort from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millennium 1 Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9