Mill Creek Care Centre

Working at Mill Creek Care Centre: 29 Reviews

Canada29 reviews

goodworkplaceshiftresidentmanagementcareworking

Fast paced

I worked as a personal support worker at millcreek for 4 years. Over those years I had many good shifts and also many bad ones. There were times we worked short with just 2 psw's on evening shift, and management who were working evening (nurse managers) were resistant to helping with care. There were lots of good RN's and RPN'S who would help but that also depended on the nurse. Overall it was stressful, but when you got onto a floor full time and got into a routine it got a bit easier. Also they had so many bed alarms, chair alarms, floor alarms, it was insane the amount of alarms they placed on falls risk residents. Very Fast paced

Pros

Benefits, lots of hours available

Cons

Stressful

loved the residents

the residents and the fact that i was helping people was the only good thing about this job. they didn’t offer any programs to become a psw. which is too bad

Insights into Mill Creek Care Centre

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Great place to work !

It was a great place to work, the management team are fair & understanding. I had great team mates who cared about their job making a difference in residents lives. Only reason I left was my husband got a job up north .

Pros

Co workers & management staff.

Cons

The money is bad & its the homes fault it’s the budget they are dealt with.

Busy and good people to work with - even during Covid-19

Nice place to work, friendly people, very careful of clients' needs and very clean. Staff is well-respected by management and has strict policies in place to handle Covid-19 pandemic. There have been no cases of the virus at the long-term care facility that I'm aware of.

Was a very stressful atmosphere

Staff can be very cliquey making it difficult to learn the ropes as a new staff member. Also can be bounced around to different floors if working casual which can make it hard to get into a routine.

Productive and fun workplace

Millcreek Care Center is a productive and fun workplace with warm and friendly staff. Support teams and plenty of room for collaborating and plent of room for growth.

Nil

I really enjoyed my month of placement there. I wish I could of been offered a job. The people there were friendly and willing to assist me when needed.

Always short staff

Awlays short staffed. Calls from cyner voice multilple times a day-gets super annoying. Stressful job with lots of additional duties assigned all the time. Always getting new people on the management team cause they quit. Teams are nice for the most part. Very gossipy

review

mill creek was an okay place to work at in the beginning in 2016. they have lots of turn overs, and more then enough casual staff but yet decline full timers stat requests. majority of staff and management are nice and understand but obviously to an extent. not much sympathy from others. i would recommend working here if you have a strong back bone, and are will being treat not fairly.

Good place to work, flexible hours and shifts, lots of positions available, friendly staff, accommodating with personal schedules, management is supportive and helpful as well

Good PSWs

My co workers were really great for the most part. Wonderful teamwork and dedication - got the job done and made a friendly, happy atmosphere for residents and workers

Modern facility

Mill creek care centre was a nice facility to work at. Clean home and most staff were good. Psw’s each had a phone which is helpful. Pay was 23 starting out if you didnt have experience. 12 hour shifts for rpns. Auto dialler calls for shifts. Not many shifts were available to pick up after they changed to 12 hour shifts. Few opportunities for advancement. Good place if you are starting out as a nurse. Management was ok.

Helpfull staff

This is a nice place to be work in. Helping staff, good and understanding nature of manager. Having a good hours of work. Nice and safe place to explore knowledge.

Pros

early morning shifts

Cons

free launches

great place to work and great co-workers

I worked a short time for Millcreek, but I had a good experience working there, met some fantastic people that I worked with. The PSW's and nurses there are extremely caring, EVERYONE is certified and if you have family there, they are well taken care of.

Pros

awesome place to work

Cons

too far for me to travel, have no car

Very good place to work as a student part time for Reception.

I would highly recommend this place for working as a student on the weekends. Good people and residents. They were a great company to work for and I enjoyed the culture of people and the residents.

Pros

Hours

Provide activities for resident

It is a good place to work. can be stressful depending on how busy the day is due to unpredictable behaviors.All in all it is a good environment with a good set up,

Pros

activities

Cons

short staffed

Rude managers and poor working conditions.

Managers are very rude and not understanding of people lives and they expect you to be on call 24/7, Never having any of the equipment we needed to do our jobs, shortage of plates for residents, shortage of cutlery and cups, serving spoons. Kitchen would not make special meals for residents and they management didnt care. Disgusting way to run an old age home. Wont work here again. Pay was also quite low.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Always Shifts available!

I did enjoy working here for the most part! It pays well and there were always shifts available, which is nice if you're looking for extra shifts. They are often short staffed, and if you don't know the unit or residents it can be very stressful, but it gets better with time! The staff are pretty good overall, though they love to gossip which can add unnecessary stress to the job. The residents are amazing, they have the best personalities and you'll learn so much from them! Overall it can be challenging but it is a great learning experience and you'll meet so many wonderful people along the way.

Pros

Amazing residents, always shifts available.

Cons

Short staffed, staff gossip

Love it there

Great place to work. PSWs and nurses are so nice. Management team is newish and seem pretty helpful. Nice to see mangers on the Units helping out. Short PSWs sometimes but they bring in Agency people to help. Everyone has been helpful and nice to be around

Pros

Clean happy home

Cons

Not enough staff

it was ok

very understaffed the home itself was clean and the residents for the most part seemed to be happy with the facility and the staff i would get called every single day to cover a shift

Great Co-workers and Residents

Terrible Management, poorly managed by all levels of management. Constant staffing changes provide unfavourable conditions for residents and their continuity of care.

Cons

Cinder voice CONSTANTLY calling for shifts that you're already working or aren't available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mill Creek Care Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement