Mill Creek Care Centre Employee Reviews

Helpfull staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2019
This is a nice place to be work in. Helping staff, good and understanding nature of manager. Having a good hours of work. Nice and safe place to explore knowledge.
Pros
early morning shifts
Cons
free launches
great place to work and great co-workers
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 April 2019
I worked a short time for Millcreek, but I had a good experience working there, met some fantastic people that I worked with. The PSW's and nurses there are extremely caring, EVERYONE is certified and if you have family there, they are well taken care of.
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
too far for me to travel, have no car
Very good place to work as a student part time for Reception.
RECEPTIONIST PART-TIME (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2019
I would highly recommend this place for working as a student on the weekends. Good people and residents. They were a great company to work for and I enjoyed the culture of people and the residents.
Pros
Hours
Provide activities for resident
Unit supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2019
It is a good place to work. can be stressful depending on how busy the day is due to unpredictable behaviors.All in all it is a good environment with a good set up,
Pros
activities
Cons
short staffed
Always Shifts available!
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 March 2019
I did enjoy working here for the most part! It pays well and there were always shifts available, which is nice if you're looking for extra shifts. They are often short staffed, and if you don't know the unit or residents it can be very stressful, but it gets better with time! The staff are pretty good overall, though they love to gossip which can add unnecessary stress to the job. The residents are amazing, they have the best personalities and you'll learn so much from them!
Overall it can be challenging but it is a great learning experience and you'll meet so many wonderful people along the way.
Pros
Amazing residents, always shifts available.
Cons
Short staffed, staff gossip
it was ok
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 August 2018
very understaffed
the home itself was clean and the residents for the most part seemed to be happy with the facility and the staff
i would get called every single day to cover a shift
Great Co-workers and Residents
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2018
Terrible Management, poorly managed by all levels of management. Constant staffing changes provide unfavourable conditions for residents and their continuity of care.
Cons
Cinder voice CONSTANTLY calling for shifts that you're already working or aren't available
mill creek psw
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 November 2017
• Perform direct patient care, assistance with elimination/toileting/personal hygiene, nutrition, Activities of Daily Living, assisting with the patient turns, mobilization and transport by being sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
• Diligently practice good sanitation and sterile techniques to avoid infection and the spread of contagious illness.
• Providing cognitive and physical stimulation to the residents, one on one and as a group
• Outstanding ability to prioritize and organize tasks according to institutional and resident needs
overall a good place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2016
Great feeling of autonomy and opportunities for all staff. I feel there was a good morale! I was offered a great position off the hop. I was always excited to be at work! Great crew of caring, compassionate healthcare workers!
Pros
Great team!
Cons
Scheduler was not very friendly or accommodating
Rewarding experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2014
I enjoyed this job a lot. I enjoy caring for the elderly and it was a rewarding job. I looked forward to my shifts.