MILITARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE

MILITARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Productive fun place to work
Staff were caring and really added to the mission of the MFRC. While the workplace was fast paced, the program was well funded allowing for additional supports where needed.
friendly warn inviting workplace
Meeting and greeting parents, staff and children. preparing morning snack and activities. having a smooth transition during the day was helpful to children and staff. cultural diversity was implemented. The most difficult part of the job, was accommodating the parents. Having children come to you to give hugs, ask for assistance or see them reach goal, such as putting on their coat, putting their toys away. Having the team members support is an asset. Being respected by all is encouragement.After a long day it is fantastic to know that you have made a difference in someones life. Each day in this profession is challenging and encouraging. the staff and director were approachable regarding any concerns. Management allowed staff to work independently.The staff and director were open suggestions.
salary and benefits
The wage was very competitive and the benefits were amazing. The hours were great and they where flexible with employees when they were able to. The community that surrounds the area was great.
Hard worker
A worthy worker who communicates wants to improve himself proves at work and also raises his workplace to a higher level.
I work as an information system administrator, which also includes maintaining all computers on the use. I improved my job to a higher level. The working environment is great for working.
Review of mfrc-ncr
While I was only a temporary placement student at the MFRC-NCR, I wish I could have stayed on permanently. All of the staff members were very kind to me, and there seemed to be a strong sense of the MFRC being a team environment. The average work day was quite busy, but the work itself was enjoyable and satisfying. I wish I could have had more time there.
Great Workplace, Wonderful People, Management Review
Great atmosphere, wonderful people, however the management is much to be desired. Chaotic environment, no structure, and lack of leadership.
Fun workplace
My day would go as follows:
Open facility

Check schedule for that days activity

Keep track of who is coming and going

Entertain kids

Coordinate that days activity

Resolve any issues the children may have

Run the Canteen

Organize activity schedule for the next day/week

Communicate with co-workers and children of desired monthly field trip

Plan details of said field trip

Close the facility
A challenging work environment
This job offered the opportunity to work closely with the military community and work with families that were experiencing challenges due to the unique life style. The staff were very dedicated and hard working.