Milieu Family Services Employee Reviews

Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC8 April 2019
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC22 March 2019
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2019
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC1 February 2019
Very supportive and caring agency
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC13 November 2018
I just started and was a part of a few behaviors/incidents my first week. Manager was very supportive and available. They worked side by side with me and was able to support me when dealing with this issues. Manager was able to work with me and explained how to better support people with challenging behaviors. I continue to work with this agency and seen a couple people resign due to clients being difficult with high behaviors. I will continue to work and support these individuals. I am learning a lot and feel very comfortable working within Milieu.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Not enough staff
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC3 October 2018
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley Regional District, BC16 September 2018
Horrible Company
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Canada16 September 2018
This company treats their employees like garbage and puppets. We do all the hard work and the managers reap the benefits. They do not even have proper staffing. They leave us employees alone to deal eith violent youth when we are supposed to have another employee with us at all times. I got out odd there as soon as I could.
Great place to grow.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 June 2018
Milieu has been a great company to work for and to grow with for over the past 25 years and counting.
The training that offered on a continuous basis is ever changing. Some example: First Aid, MANDT, Positive Behaviour Support, FASD, CORE. Privacy to name a few is offered to all staff.
Milieu has always been a Person Centered Driven agency and takes great pride in the work they do.
I am very proud to be employed by Milieu Family Service Inc. and would highly recommended this company to anyone looking for great career opportunity.
Pros
Perfect place to work under friendly and professional atmosphere.
Great place to grow
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC21 June 2018
I have had to opportunity to receive so much training within milieu. the team that i work with has been so helpful and supportive every day. i can call any time with questions and am encouraged to grow and learn new things every day. i really feel like im making a difference.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2018
This is a great company to work at. I really enjoy working here because I have increased and developed my skills in order to support the individuals the way they deserve. Again, great place to work.!! Management is very supportive.
Pros
Lots of training
A place where person served comes first!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2018
I have been with Milieu for more than 6 years now and I stayed because people care about people. It's a culture where people believe with one another through person- centred language. It where behaviour is recognised as a form of communication!
Pros
Training, opportunities for advancement and innovative
Excellent provider of quality services to children, youth, adults, self-advocates, families and to personal networks.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, British Columbia19 June 2018
Positive principle driven agency that provides person centered services for all in care. We build trust while role-modeling leadership to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.
Pros
Providing supports to people in need the most.
Managers are caring and supportive
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC18 June 2018
I am fairly new to Milieu. I received a whole day of orientation and training before entering a group home. Managers phoned me and arranged an orientation at the home fairly quick. WOW very challenging kids but a great team and great management. Managers are on call 24/7 I had to call my manager at 2:00am and she answered and provided support. In the last couple of weeks I called my manager pass midnight a few time and they answered every single time. I feel very supportive within the team.
Pros
Managers will support you through any incident
Cons
The drive to work
Great Individuals, Great staff and Great Company
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC18 June 2018
Been working for Milieu children and family services in Courtenay for 5 years. I have received many training in the 5 years. Managers are very supportive and willing to work many shifts with staff for them to feel comfortable and confident. Milieu has very challenging individuals and many staff leave due to individuals being very high risk. With all the training's and schooling i have i feel very comfortable working in homes with individuals who are high risk and very difficult to work with. When i first started working i was able to get additional training and one on one with managers to gather more skills. I would recommend all people who want experience with very high risk youth and want training to apply with Milieu.
Pros
Managers are always available to support
Cons
Not enough casuals
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 June 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milieu Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.