Milestones Employee Reviews

Productive, fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
Great job, able to learn skills applicable for many jobs. Get to interact with and meet new people. Learned how to open a restaurant and prepare for customers to arrive. Learned how to close the restaurant and leave everything ready for the morning.
Good work environment with helpful management, but poor hours and pay
Server (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC28 December 2018
Overall a fun and great place to work or eat, but they pay their staff really poorly and tend to send you home really early on your shifts which make your paychecks even smaller than normal
Pros
Great training, fun environment
Cons
Little hours, horrible pay
Yo that team! Lets get it!!!
Sr. Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 November 2018
Great place to work at and build a future career.

Solid management team; everyone always gives 110%. From the Head Chef, Sous Chefs and line cooks.
The Front of the House team can hold thier ground as well.
Pros
Amazing culture
Cons
Long days, Long hours but with the right people; its worth it.
Line Cook (fry & pantry) (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC23 October 2018
It’s an amazing place to work, I’ve been working for the company for a year and a half and I’ve moved around a bit starting as a dishwasher while doing high school, management is very understanding and supportive and co workers are great I’d definitely recommend working here
Pros
Pretty good hours 50% off meals
Cons
Short staffed
busy work environment
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 October 2018
As a hostess, I would communicate with the management team every shift to understand my duties for the day. I learned that it was important to not only keep customer satisfaction, but bond with your staff to exceed everyday. I enjoyed working with others and collaborating to make everyday successful for the restaurant. The hardest part of the job was not being rewarded for my efforts, I excelled in my job but was never rewarded for my efforts, as long as the restaurant was making money then nothing else was a worry. I know it is difficult to keep a company running, but as an employer, I would like to be more appreciated for the tremendous amount of effort I put in every single day.
Pros
customer service, outgoing, active, and enjoyable.
Cons
short shifts, uncertainty about hours, etc.
Great job
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2018
The best of culinary jobs I worked. I had a boss in the kitchen that actually cared, and believed in paying employees what they were worth. I only really left to try a different career path.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Restaurants are 7 days a week day and night
Fun, fast paced team oriented job.
Lead Prep (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 August 2018
I was lead prep for a year in whistler and I had a blast with great managers and chefs alike. It was chaotic madness in busy season but in a good way. People come together as teammates and friends. I would recommend milestones in whistler to anyone look for balance in work and play.
Pros
Great leaders, free food, good schedules.
Cons
Short staff sometimes
Fast Paced Serving Environment
Work part-time as a server (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 August 2018
Friendly and helpful team of servers that help run and serve each others food and drinks. Fast paced fine dining experience with great teaching and learning environment.
Pros
Staff events
Flexible work/lifestlye
PREP /LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
Everyday seemed to better than the last, there was consistent execution online for service making milestones a more stress free environment. Chef was amazing as well.
Productive Downtown Restaurant
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 August 2018
Milestones in Kingston is a lovely restaurant to work in. Your typical day would consist of setting yourself up for service. Working with a great team to execute guest's favourite dishes and closing down while singing along to some crazy songs.

Want to know more about Milestones?

Ask a question
How milstones is like
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 August 2018
It's a very nice place to work at in all honesty. As a prep cook it will be a job like any other in a restaurant, you would complete the items that needed to be made for the day, open the dish pit and clean the dishes that are there to help keep the pace clean. see if any other items or tasks that are needed to be done and help the line cooks with their work to make their job a bit easier as well.
Pros
free food
Cons
many tasks to complete
Great team to work with and for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2018
I found working at Milestones to be a great experience, Milestones takes the time to hire great people that work well together. They also provide and teach you the knowledge you need to succeed within Milestones.
Duties
Lead Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 June 2018
Worked in a fast pace environment, excellent time management was a must
Home make large quantities of sauces, dressings, cures, salsa, soups, etc.
Cured, tied and smoked meats
Managed and finished over 30 large items daily
Kept an organized and well maintained work space
Ensured all food served was of great quality
Regularly took care of cleaning duties and maintenance of equipment
Good people to work with but a very cheap owner
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 June 2018
hour would be hit and miss if it wasn't busy you're only getting a 3 hour shift where if it is busy you might get 6 or 7. Also after 3 and a half years of working there they did not want to advance me because i was good at cooking and dish.
Awesome place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON27 May 2018
Was a lot to learn. Even as a dishwasher the cooks and head chef would teach you things about cooking during down time. The food was great and made for the best breaks i've ever had.
Pros
A lot to learn
Fast paced
Line Cook (Fry) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
While the dishes are not hard to make, you need to be able to work quite fast and on multiple things at once. This made it somewhat tough for me but otherwise I can't complain.
manager killer:)
kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2018
used to be a great place to work, they suck their managers life to control their labour. Don't took care of their employees.Its better to work hourly for milestones.
Pros
Great food
Cons
but don't want to spend money to make it perfect.
Overall a good job
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Milestone's because there was great training offered, the menu had delicious food which was easy to be passionate about when selling, it's a clean environment with nice aesthetics.
Pros
great training
Cons
slow advancement
Friendly team with alot of motivation
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale/dundas square20 March 2018
I've worked there for sum time and it was one of the best cooking experience of my life they really helped me excel through though learning all aspect in what it takes to run a kitchen and be successful working with others in the restaurant business
Pros
Free meals, training
Cons
Management unstable
Milestones was a great place to serve at. The restaurant was well managed both in the kitchen and front of house.
Server (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 March 2018
The organization and detail Milestones ensures its employees practice definitely creates a great working environment. Food was always prepared to specifications and care was given at every stage.