Milestones

Milestones Employee Reviews

Canada121 reviews
Engaging workplace and staff
I gained most of my knowledge of front and back of house through this position, therefore affording me more opportunities. I would recommend a restaurant job to anyone going through schooling and needing extra finances.
Pros
free lunch, good tips
Stressful and Unrewarding
I worked there for a few years and moved up quickly. The stress and long hours of the job quickly took over my life, and I was barely able to spend any time outside of work. Trying to negotiate a salary that reflects your work is like pulling teeth, and kitchen workers are constantly treated like a drain on labour costs while they are also expected to carry the restaurant on their backs.
A clean kitchen with a menu that updates frequently!
I am a pantry cook and I love that Milestones Barrie updates their menu seasonally and this keeps my skills up; they are very clean and teach us good habits as workers.
Fast paced, under payed, good managers
Wonderful managers, and coworkers. However the work life balance is difficult to maintain, and tips were low. Pays minimum wage, and overtime is either rolled over or goes unpaid.
Don't
Milestones, st. John's was not a very good work place, as they would chose favourites and show it. As well, they wouldn't show fairness in anything for their staff.
Working at Milestones
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Managers are useful and helpful. Great kitchen staff and everyone is a team player. Uniform is professional and staff meals are delicious. The hardest part of the job is when you have a full section of 12 tables and more, but the easiest part is that everyone is helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Slow days, less hours.
Good place to work. Left originally because of management but it looks like it got better. Not always super busy stressful nights. Decent money. Lots of regulars.
great food
you're serving amazing food. management are always there to help you succeed and push you too be better every shift. if you like good food, a professional atmosphere you'll love milestone's
Goody Goody
This restaurant receives many customers, and as such, stressful situations often occur. The way this business is run will ease that stress, built upon a standard for cooperation.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
flies in the dish washing area, questionably relevant online quizzes
A learning job and nothing more
I got the job through friends and it started out good. But management is weak and there’s no team work, even if they say so. I had no free time and was exhausted mentally for working non stop, being scheduled more then what wasleagal and being called in when I wasn’t needed . They caused me a lot of pain mentally with rude comments from other servers and managers, even if it may not have intended to be hurtful
Pros
Cheap staff meals
A bad management experience
The management team was constantly in a state of disorder. They could not agree on fundamental employment issues and consequently the staff suffered from the lack of harmony.
Fun place
it twas good work the place was nice and people were good, there was always hours and the pay was alright. management was understanding and very friendly staff
fun place to work
fun place to work at great people learned a lot. fast paced long hours and didnt always get to take my breaks. as well they wouldnt pay up our tips every night
Decent
Overall decent work environment, fast paced but poor working hours. The people you work with is good but salary wise it won’t make you enough to support yourself.
Very Fun environment
Absolutely love working here. Everyone is amazing, very helpful, kind and diligent. Dont be afraid to ask questions as there is always someone available to help you succeed.
Family work environment
The cost of living is expensive. although I have only received a few paycheck I don't think it is enough to live off of. however, the work environment is amazing. i am working with kind, dedicated and kind people. you definitely get a sense of family at the restaurant.
Not a good place to work
The only good thing about this chain is the employees. Management was awful and the food is average at best.
It's an entry level job and is only good as a stepping stone for restaurant experience.
Good environment to work in
- the staff is friendly and welcoming
- the manager is reasonable and respectful

- guests can be picky

- overall a great place to work

- needs renovations
Not enough hours
Great management, well oiled machine. Service flows smoothly every shift because of the great system/ standards that everyone follows. Not enough hours though.
Organized and fun to work for
Working with Milestone I learned how to excel better within the serving industry along with widening my Bartending skills! It was a very organized place of work, from the uniforms to the way the food was placed on a plate and I quite enjoy organization!
Can be a good place if the right people are working
There can be staff that are troublesome and can ruin the experience for the people who eat there.