Milestones Bar and Grill Management reviews

Boring
Server/Expo/Hostess (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2019
Felt like I was back at high school with catty women and men except that they are all over 35
Lots of slow dead periods at work
Management was always changing due to poor management
Great workplace with a friendly environment and good management.
Work as a Morning Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 May 2019
A typical day would involve the prepping and cooking the food. While there I learned a variety of methods and techniques towards my food safe. Management was very involved with day to day things and involved with there employees. Everyone got along very well, very few people would not get along. Personally I did not find anything hard about the job, I was able to move around and do everything comfortably. The most enjoyable part would have to be the friends I had made while apart of the team.
Pros
3$ staff meals
Cons
Split shifts
High class customers and great tips
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2019
I worked here as a side job to make extra money and I did exactly that. Tips were better than other establishments due to the type of clientele that come here. Great management and staff was amazing to work with
Pros
20% discount at all Cara establishments
Productive and great place to work
Server/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2019
Milestones has been one of my most favorite serving jobs I've had, there has been its ups and downs with some management staff but they dont tend to last long as the higher ups like to keep a friendly and team based environment. The staff are very friendly and every one actually works as a team, there is room for advancement and quick if you are good at what you do.
Pros
Delicious food, good tips, friendly staff, caring management
Cons
Not very much discount on food for staff
Good for work but questionable staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Easy job tasks, lots of work to pass the shift, good for a first job, young managers tend to have a biased opinion towards hosts; therefore, leaving other hosts doing majority of the work while they socialize with their preferred employee.
Pros
great staff lunch and prices
Cons
management isn't the best
Great Management, Organized and Fun Opportunity to Grow and Learn
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON9 January 2019
Milestones is an outstanding place to excel and create new opportunities by interacting with a diverse group of guests, but as well a diverse group of coworkers. The environment is safe, productive and very stress free. It is an appropriate and fun place to work to grow as an individual and grow your knowledge within the customer service industry.
Pros
Interacting with guests/customers all day, tips, and organized management.
Cons
Inconsistency with hours
Working with amazing people but no benefits or security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Working for this company has moulded my skill set with customer service and due to the stressful nature of the job, probably made me a master. I feel as though I could conquer anything now, however the demanding hour and availability are not worth the low pay and no benefits. The staff are great but upper management unfair and dictating.
Pros
Managing- one free meal per shift. Waitressing- half off one meal.
Cons
Long strenuous hours low pay no benefits.
Great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 October 2018
I loved working for Milestones. The management team was amazing and the people were great. It is a well run business with lots of room to learn and grow.
Typical restaurant position
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
Typical serving job. Flexible hours. People that you work with make the job, individual locations will vary based on management and staffing. The job is what you make it to be.
Good restaurant to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2018
It was a decent restaurant to work at and it was good to start as a host there, having no prior restaurant experience. I learned how the environment of a dine-in restaurant differs from a quick-serve one and I also learned how they are similar. Management was decent, however speaking to employees that worked there for many years, I learned that there is little room for development and in order to move up you really have to push for it. It was a great place to work at and it was definitely enjoyable being able to have conversations with people for more than a minute. There was nothing extremely difficult about the job other than when guests complained about wait times.
Fun work environment,great place to start your culinary career
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC16 September 2018
Been with the company just under 7 years,started as a dishwasher,and was able to become a junior sous chef.hours will vary due to labor costs but overall fun environment to work and as always management was mediocre
Pros
fun work environment, discounted meals, additional discounts at other Cara restaurant franchises
Cons
management, pay, hours
responsibilities
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
 Executive Chef responsibilities in a popular and busy restaurant
 Order food supplies and produce
 Train and manage staff
 Contribute to the seasonal menu
 Establish live cooking demonstrations showcasing various restaurant dishes
Productive atmosphere & amazing management
Waitress/Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
A typical day at work would be to ring out approx. 1200 in sales on your own. You would get help from the hosts and management as sometimes it comes all at once. Management is extremely helpful and understanding; if you have a place to be at a reasonable time they will try to get you out in time to go to said event. There is always someone to pick up a shift. Overall i believe it is a good place to work!
Pros
You make a decent amount in tips (tip out is only 4.5%)
Cons
Stressful
the people that work there are great but the work load is overwhelming
Kitchen Staff (full time) (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON27 June 2018
you really had to know what was going on even when you weren't working to stay on top of things. They don't really follow health and safety laws and over work the employees.
This pace was great
Hobart (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 June 2018
I worked here for a year and met a lot of great people. When I was working here there was a lot to learn and everyone was helpful. The facility was the most efficient than I have seen comparing a couple restaurants. The management was playful and everyone cared about quality and efficiency.
Worst company I've worked for in over 20 years!
Line cook / Lead prep / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2018
Untrained cooks and management. No culture. Horrible pay. Unrealistic expectations. Lowest grade of food I've ever seen. Seriously, who sells A grade meat in a restaurant. Sometimes it would come out green.
I worked there 9 years with one $2 raise. No benefits. Miss hours on your pay. 82 hours in a year!
Incompetent staff. You are only going to go anywhere in this failing company if you suck up to management or look good in a pair of tight pants.
Pros
Not one!
Cons
Everything this company has to offer
Good experience
Server / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
I gained many useful skills in this role. However, management regularly cut shifts to to budget cutbacks. Under staffing made for a stressful environment.
Management does not vaule your time
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2018
Management is dishonest about labour hours and cuts paycheques. You could be told to go home an hour after your shift starts if it isn't busy, even if you travel a far distance for your shift.
Pros
weekend dinners are busy
Cons
management and labour
Hard work but good people to be around.
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC16 December 2017
Youll enjoy the people there and how much they really care and make you want to stay. Overall a great place to work, had some issues with front of house management but aside from that. Good place to work
Pros
Discount card, good co-workers, fun environment
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 November 2017
Fun place to work nice people nice management, learning how to make there dishes there was fun, always busy and something to do to keep you busy, never a dull moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestones Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.