Milestones Bar and Grill

Milestones Bar and Grill Management reviews

Canada145 reviews
Day to day its a great place to work. Sometimes has stressful days as all places do. 95% of the people are great to work with. job pays well and the tips were always good.
Pros
Great atmosphere and good pay
Cons
Non motivated Management with poor work ethic
Team and management were inviting, accommodating, trained their staff well. Enjoyed working in the environment and there were many opportunities to move up and within the company.
managers have their favorites and only those get to advance. the others are taken advantage of and treated unfairly. no one is held to the same standards so service never went well.
This is a great place to work. Not much more needs to be said. I’ve been in the industry for a long time and really enjoyed my time here. The management does a very good job and are actually compassionate towards their employees. Would strongly recommend this place to anyone seeking work in the food and beverage industry.
i was only a dishwasher but I do not recommend. I cried before work every single day. the management was very rude, and i did not enjoy a second of it.
I had a couple of bad experience with the management of this company! But overall the first year I worked there was great it was just my last year when they brought in a new manger that things changed around!
There's a lot of great employees at Milestones, but management does not promote growth. I would recommend using it for experience purposes or supplementing your income; just not as your primary source.
Not the kind of place you want to build a career. Management don't care about you or your professional goals and have a habit of playing favorites. Negative work culture.
the hardest part working here is the culture, management and the way the work goes everyday not good in supporting day to day basic in life during the days working here is very stressful
Staff is really good and co-operative. Management is awesome. Food quality is at its best. overall it is a really wonderful exposure to the food industry.
Milestones is a great place to work with excellent training and staff. The management is phenomenal and helps you grow as an employee. There is lots of room for growth working with Milestones
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not enough shifts
horrible customer service
management switches so much
interesting to people to work with
the hours are pretty rough after awhile

you learn about making food and what goes in it
Felt like I was back at high school with catty women and men except that they are all over 35
Lots of slow dead periods at work

Management was always changing due to poor management
A typical day would involve the prepping and cooking the food. While there I learned a variety of methods and techniques towards my food safe. Management was very involved with day to day things and involved with there employees. Everyone got along very well, very few people would not get along. Personally I did not find anything hard about the job, I was able to move around and do everything comfortably. The most enjoyable part would have to be the friends I had made while apart of the team.
Pros
3$ staff meals
Cons
Split shifts
I worked here as a side job to make extra money and I did exactly that. Tips were better than other establishments due to the type of clientele that come here. Great management and staff was amazing to work with
Pros
20% discount at all Cara establishments
Milestones has been one of my most favorite serving jobs I've had, there has been its ups and downs with some management staff but they dont tend to last long as the higher ups like to keep a friendly and team based environment. The staff are very friendly and every one actually works as a team, there is room for advancement and quick if you are good at what you do.
Pros
Delicious food, good tips, friendly staff, caring management
Cons
Not very much discount on food for staff
Easy job tasks, lots of work to pass the shift, good for a first job, young managers tend to have a biased opinion towards hosts; therefore, leaving other hosts doing majority of the work while they socialize with their preferred employee.
Pros
great staff lunch and prices
Cons
management isn't the best
Milestones is an outstanding place to excel and create new opportunities by interacting with a diverse group of guests, but as well a diverse group of coworkers. The environment is safe, productive and very stress free. It is an appropriate and fun place to work to grow as an individual and grow your knowledge within the customer service industry.
Pros
Interacting with guests/customers all day, tips, and organized management.
Cons
Inconsistency with hours
Working for this company has moulded my skill set with customer service and due to the stressful nature of the job, probably made me a master. I feel as though I could conquer anything now, however the demanding hour and availability are not worth the low pay and no benefits. The staff are great but upper management unfair and dictating.
Pros
Managing- one free meal per shift. Waitressing- half off one meal.
Cons
Long strenuous hours low pay no benefits.
I loved working for Milestones. The management team was amazing and the people were great. It is a well run business with lots of room to learn and grow.
Typical serving job. Flexible hours. People that you work with make the job, individual locations will vary based on management and staffing. The job is what you make it to be.