Milestones Bar and Grill

Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews for Server

It is a great place to learn teamwork, they have the full fifo policies, training for devo (Staff Developer) great yearly staff parties, and staff insentives.
Pros
Teamwork
Great environment. Everyone on the team was so fun to work with. Hit or miss in terms of business. Some days are fast, other days it's slow. Great to build connections, practice interpersonal skills, and gain customer service skills.
A different style of service. Extremely team orientated, a big focus on full hands in full hands out. The computer system was a little overwhelming to learn and was a bit of a struggle. Friendly staff. Alot of tourists.
Pros
location
Cons
tourists tipping poorly
I worked here as a side job to make extra money and I did exactly that. Tips were better than other establishments due to the type of clientele that come here. Great management and staff was amazing to work with
Pros
20% discount at all Cara establishments
Milestones has been one of my most favorite serving jobs I've had, there has been its ups and downs with some management staff but they dont tend to last long as the higher ups like to keep a friendly and team based environment. The staff are very friendly and every one actually works as a team, there is room for advancement and quick if you are good at what you do.
Pros
Delicious food, good tips, friendly staff, caring management
Cons
Not very much discount on food for staff
Milestones is an outstanding place to excel and create new opportunities by interacting with a diverse group of guests, but as well a diverse group of coworkers. The environment is safe, productive and very stress free. It is an appropriate and fun place to work to grow as an individual and grow your knowledge within the customer service industry.
Pros
Interacting with guests/customers all day, tips, and organized management.
Cons
Inconsistency with hours
A typical day at work would be to ring out approx. 1200 in sales on your own. You would get help from the hosts and management as sometimes it comes all at once. Management is extremely helpful and understanding; if you have a place to be at a reasonable time they will try to get you out in time to go to said event. There is always someone to pick up a shift. Overall i believe it is a good place to work!
Pros
You make a decent amount in tips (tip out is only 4.5%)
Cons
Stressful
Its a restaurant, what more do you expect? awesome place to work, great people, tips are a plus depending on when you work, get to meet different people
Great place to work, fun environment. Made alright money, they cut your shifts really early. The coworkers were the best friends i've ever made, miss them to this day.
This is one of the best restaurants I have ever worked for. They value hard work and are team oriented. If you are willing to put in this effort you will see results for your time.
Milestones is a great team building environment with lots of opportunity to learn new things. Management is always there to listen to any problems or concerns you may have. Staff is friendly.
Awesome employees and employers. Everyone is super helpful and ready to jump in to make sure the whole night is running smoothly.
This was my favorite job, started at 11 and usually stayed until the night was over. Was in charge of a section between 4-6 tables, or a party table if they was a big reservation. Interacting with the guests was super fun, people would come out to Milestones to celebrate or have a good time since it was expensive. The hardest part of the job was to make sure your co workers had everything they needed (run their food and drinks when they were busy), but you could always find time to help when your guests were looking at the menu.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
long commute at the time
Working at Milestones is a fast-paced, high energy job in which multi-tasking and working efficiently is key to a successful shift. The whole team works closely together as a team to ensure guest satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is when the restaurant is understaffed for an unexpected busy day. It takes a lot of concentration and hard work to ensure each guest receives the attention they deserve and receive service in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with so many great people, from co-workers to guests. The fast-paced environment makes for an exciting day, every time.
Pros
Making tips
Cons
If it's not busy, shifts are cut short.
Great team environment. The toughest part of the day is the unpredicatable nature of the service industry. This is also the most entertaining part of the day. I have learnt invaluable people skills and time managment skills, as well as how to work effectively with different kinds of personalities.
Fun environment, great customers, a lot of regular, friendly customers.Management was nice, and fun, respectful.Food was amazing!Staff was energetic, fun, friendly.Job was easy, fast paced, you have to be organized, and well spoken.
A typical day at work would be to arrive early and prepare the restuarant for success ensuring side duties were done before my shift (ie: rolling cutlery, inspecting the cleanliness of the restaurant). I learned that if there is a problem at work to let a manager know immideatly so the problem at hand can be addressed. The co-workers I find are always the best part of my job. I truly enjoy working with happy, friendly people. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was dealing with an unprofessional management team. The most enjoyable part of my job is developing bonds with guests and co-workers.
Pros
fast money and meeting new people
Cons
possible to get called off for shifts
There's a lot of rules and it's a very strict place to work. The people make the job enjoyable
Pros
great money
Cons
high expectations
I love my job, it has offered me alot of responsibilities, In the years of working with the general public, I have learned a great deal of will and patience, I have also learned it takes patience to become who you are and good at what you do. The hardest part of my job is making sure that all the staff are all on the same page when it comes to their skills, I do believe that making the staff happy show it when they are looking after the guest. The most enjoyable part of my job, is making sure all the guest are leaving happy after a great experience at Milestones.
Pros
i usually do free appetizers, for the server that sells the most entrées or desserts.
Cons
i don't mind working late hours.