Milestones Bar and Grill

Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Working at milestones was a good learning experience, but the salary and hours were not convenient. The managers are very friendly as well as al workers.
It is very easy going, it's like a second family. It is very fast-paced, but very relaxing and fun as well. I enjoyed working there, everyone was friendly and kind to one another
Easy job tasks, lots of work to pass the shift, good for a first job, young managers tend to have a biased opinion towards hosts; therefore, leaving other hosts doing majority of the work while they socialize with their preferred employee.
Pros
great staff lunch and prices
Cons
management isn't the best
A very enjoyable place to work due to excellent staff members. Guides you take the initiative and work hard while gaining excellent interactive social skills.
It was a decent restaurant to work at and it was good to start as a host there, having no prior restaurant experience. I learned how the environment of a dine-in restaurant differs from a quick-serve one and I also learned how they are similar. Management was decent, however speaking to employees that worked there for many years, I learned that there is little room for development and in order to move up you really have to push for it. It was a great place to work at and it was definitely enjoyable being able to have conversations with people for more than a minute. There was nothing extremely difficult about the job other than when guests complained about wait times.
it was a fun work enviroment but the pay was awful, and the place was often dead so tip out was next to nothing. Also the shifts were not good, most times i would come in an only work 2 hours because the place was so dead.
was a great experience for a summer season. The patio is one of the best in town and the managers were always fun to work with. shifts always seemed to go by quickly and the environment was a great learning experience for everyone.
Pros
discounted food, good staff parties, fun work environment
Cons
hot days!
extremely busy place , very long hours especially with delay flights , always trying to do the best to comfort all customers by providing the best services possible , lots of customers seem to get frustrated when they flying either they are afraid or anxious thats why most to all customers like to have alcohol beverages to settle down so we have be very careful how to serve them right the idea is to keep all the traveling passengers relax and happy that way they get a good travel experience and they will keep in mind where they were tried very good so every time the flight they are always come back to the same place
Pros
free coffee, desert, drink
Cons
16 hour shift someone call sick i had to do a double time
Milestones is a great environment to challenge yourself if you want a busy work environment. Always upbeat and welcoming, satisfying every guest's needs.
Pros
50% discount when working, 20% when not working
Cons
Long standing period of time
It has nice coworkers. The management doesn't really know what they're doing. Constantly running out of product (ex. romaine, fish, etc.) from management not ordering enough. Kitchen is kind of unsanitary - they don't always follow proper procedure. Management does whatever they want and never get in trouble. When an employee is ten minutes late they get written up.
Hostessing can be overwhelming at times but whenever it got busy, the servers helped out management helped out. Most enjoyable part was greeting guests and making sure their experience was good. Schedule definitely needed some fine tuning, we were understaffed due to renovations however management should have considered hiring one or two more hostesses part time. All in all, a really good experience and definitely love the new style of this restaurant. I miss my Milestones family, they were without a doubt the best!
Pros
got half off of meals
Cons
1 shift would sometimes turn into 2 split shifts with no warning
A typical day at work is fulled with laughs and hard working people. The managers are always there to help on a busy day. The staff is always working hard. The hardest part about my job is probably working during christmas.
Pros
50% off when working
Cons
short hours
Staff was very friendly and management was organized. Hardest part of the job was doing everyday maintenance around the restaurant and the most enjoyable part was talking to great customers and providing good service.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
double shift sometimes
This is a place I look forward to spending my workday. While I have been in this industry for a while, and am familiar with the ins and outs, I am constantly finding ways to improve myself and take on more tasks than called for in my job description, ways to improve my prioritization skills and become more confident in my abilities with plans to take my career to the next level. I admire and learn much from the management in the way they lead, communicate and relate to their staff. They seem to genuinely care about us as people, ask and expect us to be productive, but are fair, reasonable and kind. My coworkers range in personalities and ages, but I enjoy interacting and getting to know them. The most difficult thing to work with is the occasional employee with a poor attitude who obviously doesn't want to be there, or complains about their job. I enjoy long hours, working hard, a fast pace, hardworking and positive coworkers that become like family, management that sees potential and helps you achieve it, and coming home at the end of a long day, knowing that it was worth it, looking forward to the next work day.
Milestones was a very interesting experience, wasn't my greatest experiance but it taught me a lot about how to treat customers and how to make them happy. Management wasn't a strength within this facility, regardless, I tried to make the best out of it.
A typical day at work as a hostess involves helping to maintain a clean environment for all guests and staff. Organizing reservations and making sure each group is happy with all conditions is another important part of being a hostess at Milestones. It is important to understand the menu and drinks served, as well as the specials offered in order to be a dependent source when guests need further assistance in choosing an option that works best for them. Working in an industry such as Milestones Grill & Bar really teaches you about the different ways and things a company can do to appeal to the different tastes that individuals have. As well, it is important to have a trustworthy and efficient management and co-worker team for the restaurant to run smoothly and be helpful to all guests and workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be meeting many people from around the world, learning about their culture and food while having the ability to introduce them to new delicacies.
Pros
Half price menu items, fun and outgoing atmosphere
Cons
Hours dependent on busy-ness of restaurant
Maintain the restaurant entrance for guest and security, conduct host duties of greeting and seating of guest to appropriate dining room sections. I did not learn anything new in this role because the skill set possessed within this position was familiar with skills and challenges. My co-workers were very supportive in their roles as members, and helped me perform my job tasks while being connected to each others roles that played a big part in success for the entire restaurant. The hardest challenge of the position I held was being made host leader under pressure which I eventually learned how to be successful. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people and working with all the members of my team.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Wages