Milestones Bar and Grill

Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews for Bartender

There's a lot of great employees at Milestones, but management does not promote growth. I would recommend using it for experience purposes or supplementing your income; just not as your primary source.
Typical serving job. Flexible hours. People that you work with make the job, individual locations will vary based on management and staffing. The job is what you make it to be.
enjoyable place to work at, would much more prefer though to move up in a business and be out of the industry. learned how to cope with all different kinds of people. solved problems, dealt with money
Management is dishonest about labour hours and cuts paycheques. You could be told to go home an hour after your shift starts if it isn't busy, even if you travel a far distance for your shift.
Pros
weekend dinners are busy
Cons
management and labour
It's very important to from the time a guest enters the facility until the time they leave to enjoy their experience and their service.. it starts with the service, than the food, and how they are appreciated at their departure.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Long hours... but I love it
Milestones has a great culture but of course falls to the typical restaurant operations structure. Everyone is part time, minimum wage and relying heavily on tips. Line work started at competitive wages.
Being a counsellor in training is probably the best job I've ever had. I really enjoyed working with kids and the forever changing dynamics of the day to day work.
My work day consisted of either opening or closing shifts, assisted with other coworkers. I made all cocktails, classic and signature in a fast pace meeting all specs. I changed kegs, made bellini batch as well as served and cocktailed on alternating shifts.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Long hours but thats part of the job industry
Don't get me wrong. Working at Milestone's Grill + Bar North York is great. Wonderful staff, great managers who catered to the needs of their staff, but there was just lots of confusion and disorganization when it came to schedules. Schedules would not be up until Sunday sometimes for the following week and so we didn't really have time to plan out our whole week. Other than that, everything else was great. It was a lot of fun working as a bartender. I would come in, say hello and speak to everybody, and then stock up for the shift so that I would be well prepared for the rush coming up (Lunch or Dinner). I would make the drinks that came up in the printer and the servers would come get them and bring them to the tables. The hardest part of my job was when kegs would run out and I would have to go all the way down the stairs and into the bar room just to change it. It takes lots of time and puts me behind.
Pros
I have lots of fun bartending, learning new drinks, learning about drinks, great coworkers
Cons
late hours
The service industry is definitely a fun place to be in, but in my eyes, temporarily. Its Constant customer service, and utilizing your sales techniques. The Co-workers are great fun, and you have to work in a team setting to get things done efficiently.
Pros
Tip Money
Cons
Late Closes