Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Typical restaurant position
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
Typical serving job. Flexible hours. People that you work with make the job, individual locations will vary based on management and staffing. The job is what you make it to be.
Good restaurant to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2018
It was a decent restaurant to work at and it was good to start as a host there, having no prior restaurant experience. I learned how the environment of a dine-in restaurant differs from a quick-serve one and I also learned how they are similar. Management was decent, however speaking to employees that worked there for many years, I learned that there is little room for development and in order to move up you really have to push for it. It was a great place to work at and it was definitely enjoyable being able to have conversations with people for more than a minute. There was nothing extremely difficult about the job other than when guests complained about wait times.
Awesome Workplace
(Kelowna) - Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 September 2018
Although it can get pretty stressful full at times, the work environment and the staff is what kept me going to work everyday. Everyone is friendly and positive and always willing to help eachother out.
Pros
positive staff memebers
Cons
stressfull
Fun work environment,great place to start your culinary career
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC16 September 2018
Been with the company just under 7 years,started as a dishwasher,and was able to become a junior sous chef.hours will vary due to labor costs but overall fun environment to work and as always management was mediocre
Pros
fun work environment, discounted meals, additional discounts at other Cara restaurant franchises
Cons
management, pay, hours
Great Learning Experience
Dishwasher / Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2018
Milestones Was good for me to learn how the kitchen industry works it really teaches you to have tough skin and don't go the rest of your life holding grudges over people. Overall Learned another job to put on the resume.
fun workplace, bad pay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
it was a fun work enviroment but the pay was awful, and the place was often dead so tip out was next to nothing. Also the shifts were not good, most times i would come in an only work 2 hours because the place was so dead.
Great place to work both short term and long term
manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 August 2018
I love working at Milestones. They offer great training, competitive wages, and a fun atmosphere. Managers are fun but still get the job done and hold people accountable. Food is great, so I can really get behind the brand.
Pros
flexible scheduling.
Cons
on my feet a lot
responsibilities
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
 Executive Chef responsibilities in a popular and busy restaurant
 Order food supplies and produce
 Train and manage staff
 Contribute to the seasonal menu
 Establish live cooking demonstrations showcasing various restaurant dishes
hard workers
Pantry Cook/prep (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2018
I'm quite so I mostly keep to myself, but once I got comfortable at work the people were great to work with. I had to get used to how everyone else worked so i could work out how I would work
Pros
the people are great
Cons
didn't know when I got of most of the time
Productive atmosphere & amazing management
Waitress/Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
A typical day at work would be to ring out approx. 1200 in sales on your own. You would get help from the hosts and management as sometimes it comes all at once. Management is extremely helpful and understanding; if you have a place to be at a reasonable time they will try to get you out in time to go to said event. There is always someone to pick up a shift. Overall i believe it is a good place to work!
Pros
You make a decent amount in tips (tip out is only 4.5%)
Cons
Stressful
the people that work there are great but the work load is overwhelming
Kitchen Staff (full time) (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON27 June 2018
you really had to know what was going on even when you weren't working to stay on top of things. They don't really follow health and safety laws and over work the employees.
This pace was great
Hobart (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 June 2018
I worked here for a year and met a lot of great people. When I was working here there was a lot to learn and everyone was helpful. The facility was the most efficient than I have seen comparing a couple restaurants. The management was playful and everyone cared about quality and efficiency.
Worst company I've worked for in over 20 years!
Line cook / Lead prep / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2018
Untrained cooks and management. No culture. Horrible pay. Unrealistic expectations. Lowest grade of food I've ever seen. Seriously, who sells A grade meat in a restaurant. Sometimes it would come out green.
I worked there 9 years with one $2 raise. No benefits. Miss hours on your pay. 82 hours in a year!
Incompetent staff. You are only going to go anywhere in this failing company if you suck up to management or look good in a pair of tight pants.
Pros
Not one!
Cons
Everything this company has to offer
Good job
Hobart (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 April 2018
Good paying job for what I was doing, learned how to keep on top of things and help out around the place. Worked there to pay off my college, so it was great
Pros
Dinners
fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 April 2018
fun place to work and learn
lots of room for development and promotions from within
decent tip out
menu is fairly easy to execute
good people to work for
Pros
good people
Cons
money could be better
The best
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2018
Its a restaurant, what more do you expect? awesome place to work, great people, tips are a plus depending on when you work, get to meet different people
Not fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 March 2018
• Prepared food ingredients in a timely manner in order to assist the chef in menu facilitation
• Set up various stations for food production
• Maintained a safe, sanitary and hygienic work area
Good experience
Server / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
I gained many useful skills in this role. However, management regularly cut shifts to to budget cutbacks. Under staffing made for a stressful environment.
Lovley workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 February 2018
I come in to work greeted by my manager and have a friendly convo i would then procceed to get ready for work it was an overall extermaly enjoyable experience to have
Pros
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Cons
No cons
Was a friendly and fun environment with great team work
Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
City centre medical was one of my happier place to work. I felt like there were many reasons to get up and go to work each day. As a team we worked together to make sure the patients came first, while making their visit to the office a very pleasant one. working as team gets the job done daily. Meeting with different persons and seeing their emotions after being diagnosis, give you a better appreciation for life and people that surrounds you. The hardest part of working in the medical field is when you built such strong relationship with your patients, co workers and even employers and they are faced with a most difficult situation and you are being supportive but yet still feel so helpless. But, at the end of the day to learn the different personalities of each individual, to laugh and smile with them, and share in their experience make your day at work an enjoyable one. I think a place where you spend so much of your days should be most happiest of all.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestones Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.