Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

responsibilities
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
 Executive Chef responsibilities in a popular and busy restaurant
 Order food supplies and produce
 Train and manage staff
 Contribute to the seasonal menu
 Establish live cooking demonstrations showcasing various restaurant dishes
hard workers
Pantry Cook/prep (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2018
I'm quite so I mostly keep to myself, but once I got comfortable at work the people were great to work with. I had to get used to how everyone else worked so i could work out how I would work
Pros
the people are great
Cons
didn't know when I got of most of the time
the people that work there are great but the work load is overwhelming
Kitchen Staff (full time) (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON27 June 2018
you really had to know what was going on even when you weren't working to stay on top of things. They don't really follow health and safety laws and over work the employees.
This pace was great
Hobart (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 June 2018
I worked here for a year and met a lot of great people. When I was working here there was a lot to learn and everyone was helpful. The facility was the most efficient than I have seen comparing a couple restaurants. The management was playful and everyone cared about quality and efficiency.
Worst company I've worked for in over 20 years!
Line cook / Lead prep / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2018
Untrained cooks and management. No culture. Horrible pay. Unrealistic expectations. Lowest grade of food I've ever seen. Seriously, who sells A grade meat in a restaurant. Sometimes it would come out green.
I worked there 9 years with one $2 raise. No benefits. Miss hours on your pay. 82 hours in a year!
Incompetent staff. You are only going to go anywhere in this failing company if you suck up to management or look good in a pair of tight pants.
Pros
Not one!
Cons
Everything this company has to offer
Good job
Hobart (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 April 2018
Good paying job for what I was doing, learned how to keep on top of things and help out around the place. Worked there to pay off my college, so it was great
Pros
Dinners
fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 April 2018
fun place to work and learn
lots of room for development and promotions from within
decent tip out
menu is fairly easy to execute
good people to work for
Pros
good people
Cons
money could be better
The best
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2018
Its a restaurant, what more do you expect? awesome place to work, great people, tips are a plus depending on when you work, get to meet different people
Not fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 March 2018
• Prepared food ingredients in a timely manner in order to assist the chef in menu facilitation
• Set up various stations for food production
• Maintained a safe, sanitary and hygienic work area
Good experience
Server / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
I gained many useful skills in this role. However, management regularly cut shifts to to budget cutbacks. Under staffing made for a stressful environment.
Lovley workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 February 2018
I come in to work greeted by my manager and have a friendly convo i would then procceed to get ready for work it was an overall extermaly enjoyable experience to have
Pros
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Cons
No cons
Was a friendly and fun environment with great team work
Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
City centre medical was one of my happier place to work. I felt like there were many reasons to get up and go to work each day. As a team we worked together to make sure the patients came first, while making their visit to the office a very pleasant one. working as team gets the job done daily. Meeting with different persons and seeing their emotions after being diagnosis, give you a better appreciation for life and people that surrounds you. The hardest part of working in the medical field is when you built such strong relationship with your patients, co workers and even employers and they are faced with a most difficult situation and you are being supportive but yet still feel so helpless. But, at the end of the day to learn the different personalities of each individual, to laugh and smile with them, and share in their experience make your day at work an enjoyable one. I think a place where you spend so much of your days should be most happiest of all.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no benefits
nice place to work at
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2018
enjoyable place to work at, would much more prefer though to move up in a business and be out of the industry.

learned how to cope with all different kinds of people.
solved problems, dealt with money
Horrible management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2018
Cut back on dish crew, leading to one man closing a night. Stained dishes are given at the end, making it hard to leave on time. Co-workers use you at times of need and never seem to help you. Co-workers at the heartland area easily hate when mistakes are made and are overall childish. No advancement out of dish unless you suggest a friend to join and be the new dish. No breaks (if you take one, you'll fall very far behind) long hours but good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, childish co-workers, no breaks, huge work load.
Fun workplace and great staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 January 2018
was a great experience for a summer season. The patio is one of the best in town and the managers were always fun to work with. shifts always seemed to go by quickly and the environment was a great learning experience for everyone.
Pros
discounted food, good staff parties, fun work environment
Cons
hot days!
productive and fine work place.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 January 2018
I just work as a partime. Mangement is ok even my co worker. More patient work harmoniously with my co worker. keep my self calm and focus. hardest part is during summer.
Pros
free lunch
Management does not vaule your time
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2018
Management is dishonest about labour hours and cuts paycheques. You could be told to go home an hour after your shift starts if it isn't busy, even if you travel a far distance for your shift.
Pros
weekend dinners are busy
Cons
management and labour
Hard work but good people to be around.
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC16 December 2017
Youll enjoy the people there and how much they really care and make you want to stay. Overall a great place to work, had some issues with front of house management but aside from that. Good place to work
Pros
Discount card, good co-workers, fun environment
Milestones
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 December 2017
It was a great place to work. my typical day was i start at 11, and it gets very busy depending on the day, so i had very little time to do my prep list, it would be busy till 2 then i had 1 hour to do 15 things on my prep list.
The people in the workplace were really nice but the job it self(dish washing) wasn't really a fun thing to do for 8 hours with no break
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Overall as I said people were really nice to me but dishwashing wasn't my favorite activity and that's the reason that i quit the job.Every day, I would enter the restaurant, set up the dishwashing station and start washing dishes for 8 hours with no breaks and I had to help the other members of the kitchen when the dishwashing station was clean.The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had no breaks at all during the 8 hours of work and dishwashing wasn't an easy job especially in busy days.In my opinion, the people at milestones were really nice to me especially the chefs who didn't yell at me even once.In my workplace, I learned many things such as, how to be a team player, how to be a responsible person and how to manage and set up my time properly.
Pros
I learned some teamwork skills, how to manage my time and how to be a responsible person
Cons
I didn't have the opportunity to actually communicate with other people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestones Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.