Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. Employee Reviews

Plumber

Pros:- Big company (no one else compares in town for service)- Commercial & residential opportunities - career advancement opportunities- training- good team- culture- you will advance upward if you are long term- benefitsCons:- Same as any other company, they have their imperfections

Stay away!

There will be no training, you will have no support from management. If you talk or leave your desk you will be reprimanded. They have no loyalty to new employees. They will either micromanage you for every little task or you will not be able to find a manager in the whole company for hours, there is no in between.All of the staff have worked there for over 20 years or less then 1 year. Ya f you make complaints about the plumbers, you will become the problem

Cons

No training, rude managers

It's a good job

It’s a good job. Big place but family run still. Lots of work for techs. No real slow times. Senior management give training. You get spiffed for things so other ways to make money.

Great Employers

I've been a technician with Milani three years now. Each year has been better and better. They are really big on promoting from within so when there is an opportunity to learn a new skill or work on a new project they will select the people that have proven there skill & commitment which i really like. Also I enjoy that they have some added bonuses to increase your wages like selling some bonus materials or getting a great review from a customer. The cons would be that the benefits could be better but they cover 50% which is pretty standard i found. I can see my self at Milani for a while.

Pros

Advancement opportunites, Kept busy, Knowledgable collegues

Cons

Benifits could be better

Great Place To Be

Amazing to find a company that was hiring during COVID, and grew during the pandemic. I am very happy to be a part of a growing organization that takes care of it's employees so well.

Pros

No shortage of work

Cons

Benefits could be better

Safe and supportive environment

Worked for Milani for 5 years, even during covid they took care of everyone safely and responsibly. The owners, his two sons, and the managers are all honest, hard-working people who try to listen whenever you have an issue or feedback. Best plumbing HVAC company I have worked for in the last 25 years.

Pros

Management, safety

Cons

Very busy

If you want to work, you're in the right place.

Milani is fairly faced paced. They are almost always very busy so if you can work as much as you want to. What i really like is that they have a big team with many expereiced plumbers who have been with the company for years, so if i have questions it is easy to get answers. I also like that they have opportunities to grow your slary if you want with spiffs and selling opportunity. Cons is that managers can be busy sometimes so it can be hard to get a hold of them, but most of the time the dispatch team with know the answer.

Pros

Lots of work, learning, opportunity

Cons

Just don't work here if you want a solid future.

The company has terrible managers that show zero appreciation for doing nightmare work or jobs outside of your expertise. They overwork you and don't give you even so much as a thank you. You can make them thousands, but the moment you don't make them money you're as worthless as garbage to them. They will give you false promises, say this is a place to plant your roots, when in reality they give no pension, no rrsp constributions, literally nothing long term for life retirement security. Their equipment sucks, from cameras to augers, everything is broken, Yet they expect you to charge customers full price for using them, or they expect YOU to explain in some way or form why its broken, without telling them the company just doesnt bother to get them properly serviced.You'll be pushed into working half hour to and hour for free here and there, to which most of their service guys just end up billing to their customers to make up for, and all of the managers are well aware it goes on. You have unqualified, or unskilled techs going into homes, causing damage, or just not fixing a problem, charging for it anyways... i could go on and on. At the end of the day i promise you, dont work here, youll regret it.

Pros

good money if youre a scumbag

Cons

work for free, no manager guidance, trash equipment, crab in the bucket mentality

They promote from within

Your hard work does not go unnoticed at Milani. They would rather promote people from within instead of hire an outside person. If you put your time in here you can get off the tools one day and become a leader of a fantastic organization you can be proud of

Career Opportunities

I was with this company for over 15 years of my life and really had some great memories here. I am at a stage of my life now where I am no longer working full time and am semi-retired off the tools but they always treated me right and shaped a lot of who I am as a person. I learned lots and really developed my professional and technical career and met some great people along the way. I started with not a lot of industry experience and became an expert in the field.

Pros

Free lunches end of the month, can move way up company, rewards loyalty, good name

Cons

Growing pains (company is fast growing and getting bigger)

I like coming into work each day

Pros: Good PayGrowing companyNot a dead end jobAdvancement opportunitiesGood BenefitsGreat coworkersPeople care hereI really enjoy my time at this company. So far really good!

Do not work here

Do your self a favour and do not work here, you will be lied too , taken advantage off, treated like garbage and worked to death for PENNIES!!!!!The owner is so cheap , with the office computers and phones from the 80's, dingy chairs which break all the time, keyboards not working... the office is not cleaned properly , so there is MICE running across desks, floors and the dividers. The managment is awful , very manipulative and conniving. No over time yet you are working ten hour days and every third weekend. There is many other BETTER places to work then this dump , it is a shame that these people are still in business.

Pros

Cons

mice feces on your desk, long hours, one bathroom for 20+ females

They are not honest with what they say at the interview

They are just trying to take exploit with people, they want to use you how they want which means they don’t care about your humanity they think that they bought you to use for themselves, working with this company is completely like abuse, you can not feel that you got the job, you just gonna feel you lose yourself and exactly your personality, whatever they say during the interview, is not true at the reality, please don’t work there and if you worked for them just be careful about your personality, because they look people like stupid.

Pros

Cons

Too much

Happy to work here

During COVID-19 many companies have laid off their employees, and shut down the doors. This company was very loyal to the people that worked for them and make a point to take care of everyone. An example of how they care is they bring in life coaches from the Tony Robbins program to coach us on team building, having better relationships in our personal life, things that even don't have to do with work and they paid us for this! I don't know of any other company that invests in their people like this company does. Never experienced this and I don't plan to ever leave.

Pros

Incests in their employees, Free lunches last friday of the month, growing company, easy to advance in company

Variety

What i liked about Milani was that there was a very very wide range of job opportunities you can pursue. I started in the drainage department and was slowly able to learn more and more about plumbing and eventually was given the opportunity to move fully into the plumbing side, becoming fully involved with that service team. Many of the service techs and key managers are very experienced in the field which is very good for when you have questions or want to know how to do something else. I wanted to expand my skills more into the HVAC side and it was nice because Milani has several techs and managers with a lot of experience in these fields. Although I had to ask a few times for extra training I eventually got it and was able to learn more about HVAC. Although i had to leave to leave due to Covid, it was a good 3 years

Pros

- Big Company, many different job types, lots of experience and knowledge from techs and manager, training

Cons

- Being on Call, can be long days

Ridiculous company

Literally the worst place to work. When you get hired on you may as well give up any hobby and tell your family you will see them on sunday. MAKE you work whatever hours they demand they do pay over time unless the don't feel like it then they will knock you back to regular hours. The managers are either racist or rude. There tool rental shop is ran by a racist. Good luck getting a raise you've got to fight for it. Their "company functions" they advertise in the ad are BBQ hot dogs In the shop which you probably won't attend as you will be working or its their Christmas party at the shop which is just a photo op for the owner don't forget your Xmas bonus a couple air miles. The training they advertise is false they have meetings in the morning to find ways to get the company more money not improve your knowledge all I. All its the worst company I have seen STAY AWAY it is not worth it

Pros

You might get a hot dog or some air miles

Cons

Great compensation & fantastic team environment!

Great compensation and fair wages! I really enjoy waking up work work each day and going to my job. I've learnt lots at this company, and feel my professional career has really grown, and will continue to do so. Those that work hard will be rewarded!

Fair & hardworking people

I have learned lots from my time at Milani. They have taught me many things technically and customer service related. I've learned how to install systems I never thought I would be doing and how to provide options to customers and generate more work for myself and my colleagues. There is a positive workplace culture and lots of support. They really do care and are very fair with everyone. I hope to one day be back at this company with my friends here as I really enjoyed my time at this company.

I have been working at Milani for nearly 2 years now. I enjoy working here as it is very structured, there are policies and protocols in place, and it is a fast paced environment. My role includes scheduling projects and service calls for our commercial division, ordering material, dispatching our technicians and administrative duties. In my time here, I've learned to efficiently prioritize tasks and the importance of serving all customers at a satisfactory level. We have a great group of managers at Milani that are always willing to train staff and provide constructive criticism. Although it can be a very demanding work environment at times, management offers their appreciation to staff by providing lunch once in a while as well as on some special occasions. The hardest part of the job would be that this environment requires a lot of juggling and multitasking. I enjoy this aspect as everyone is kept occupied. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you were part in delivering exceptional service to any of our valued customers. I highly recommend working for Milani Plumbing, Drainage and Heating!

Excellent place to work!

Great company, great salary, positive working culture, amazing leadership, lots of internal growth opportunities. Management is very helpful and supportive. This is a great place to work not only for the employee engagement but the overall sense of worth that the company brings. They care about their staff and it is proven within many aspects of the company.

Great Place to work

This is the happiest that I've ever been going to work. the team gets a long and even though departments are different everyone still works as a team to get things done. I've learned so much about the industry working here and I knew nothing about plumbing before this. Management understands what we go through and ensures we have the support to make things happen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2Job security/advancement
  • Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.