Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Milani Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
One of the more stable companies in this field and a good place to work. Staff are friendly, costumer service is a priority. Strong client base for HVAC
Coworkers were great. Very helpful & accommodating in my department. Techs were good to work with. Free cereal! Also nice Christmas feast for the staff.
The cons: Upon being hired I was advised it was a salaried position which is not ideal but it is what it is. Was not advised this meant mandatory 9 hour days, working every 4th weekend, any of 3 different shift start times which varied week to week & quite often work days lasted 10 hours (no ot pay). Had to work New Year's Day with no additional pay b/c of the salary clause. Micromanagement on an extreme level (I got in trouble for going to the bathroom 2 times in 4 hours during training. Mistakes were thrown in your face. Friendly convo with coworkers was not encouraged. Iron fisted management style

No wifi, employees have to pay for coffee. No onsite parking. In short, I got out as soon as I found a better job. Did not enjoy my time here.
Pros
Free cereal, Xmas buffet, good coworkers in my department
Cons
Salaried at 9 hour days (just above $18/hr), no wifi, employees pay for coffee, see above review for additional
During COVID-19 many companies have laid off their employees, and shut down the doors. This company was very loyal to the people that worked for them and make a point to take care of everyone. An example of how they care is they bring in life coaches from the Tony Robbins program to coach us on team building, having better relationships in our personal life, things that even don't have to do with work and they paid us for this! I don't know of any other company that invests in their people like this company does. Never experienced this and I don't plan to ever leave.
Pros
Incests in their employees, Free lunches last friday of the month, growing company, easy to advance in company
Cons
I worked at Milani for over a year. I was micromanaged daily, management is extremely rude during meetings, and they don't trust your expertise. They are also extremely secretive about everything and all of the technology is extremely outdated due to the owner not wanting to spend money (even though Milani Plumbing makes tens of millions of dollars each year).

Besides how terrible the management team is at Milani, the office itself is gross and does NOT get cleaned regularly.
Pros
Well known company in Vancouver.
Cons
Terrible management, bad benefits, gross office.
What i liked about Milani was that there was a very very wide range of job opportunities you can pursue. I started in the drainage department and was slowly able to learn more and more about plumbing and eventually was given the opportunity to move fully into the plumbing side, becoming fully involved with that service team. Many of the service techs and key managers are very experienced in the field which is very good for when you have questions or want to know how to do something else. I wanted to expand my skills more into the HVAC side and it was nice because Milani has several techs and managers with a lot of experience in these fields. Although I had to ask a few times for extra training I eventually got it and was able to learn more about HVAC. Although i had to leave to leave due to Covid, it was a good 3 years
Pros
- Big Company, many different job types, lots of experience and knowledge from techs and manager, training
Cons
- Being on Call, can be long days
Literally the worst place to work. When you get hired on you may as well give up any hobby and tell your family you will see them on sunday. MAKE you work whatever hours they demand they do pay over time unless the don't feel like it then they will knock you back to regular hours. The managers are either racist or rude. There tool rental shop is ran by a racist. Good luck getting a raise you've got to fight for it. Their "company functions" they advertise in the ad are BBQ hot dogs In the shop which you probably won't attend as you will be working or its their Christmas party at the shop which is just a photo op for the owner don't forget your Xmas bonus a couple air miles. The training they advertise is false they have meetings in the morning to find ways to get the company more money not improve your knowledge all I. All its the worst company I have seen STAY AWAY it is not worth it
Pros
You might get a hot dog or some air miles
Cons
Great compensation and fair wages! I really enjoy waking up work work each day and going to my job. I've learnt lots at this company, and feel my professional career has really grown, and will continue to do so. Those that work hard will be rewarded!
I have learned lots from my time at Milani. They have taught me many things technically and customer service related. I've learned how to install systems I never thought I would be doing and how to provide options to customers and generate more work for myself and my colleagues. There is a positive workplace culture and lots of support. They really do care and are very fair with everyone. I hope to one day be back at this company with my friends here as I really enjoyed my time at this company.
I have been working at Milani for nearly 2 years now. I enjoy working here as it is very structured, there are policies and protocols in place, and it is a fast paced environment. My role includes scheduling projects and service calls for our commercial division, ordering material, dispatching our technicians and administrative duties. In my time here, I've learned to efficiently prioritize tasks and the importance of serving all customers at a satisfactory level. We have a great group of managers at Milani that are always willing to train staff and provide constructive criticism. Although it can be a very demanding work environment at times, management offers their appreciation to staff by providing lunch once in a while as well as on some special occasions. The hardest part of the job would be that this environment requires a lot of juggling and multitasking. I enjoy this aspect as everyone is kept occupied. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you were part in delivering exceptional service to any of our valued customers. I highly recommend working for Milani Plumbing, Drainage and Heating!
Great company, great salary, positive working culture, amazing leadership, lots of internal growth opportunities. Management is very helpful and supportive.
This is a great place to work not only for the employee engagement but the overall sense of worth that the company brings. They care about their staff and it is proven within many aspects of the company.
This is the happiest that I've ever been going to work. the team gets a long and even though departments are different everyone still works as a team to get things done. I've learned so much about the industry working here and I knew nothing about plumbing before this. Management understands what we go through and ensures we have the support to make things happen
Over my past few years at Milani i have been able to progress a lot in my career. I started off knowing next to nothing in the trade and now I am running all my own calls. They always have lots of work and will provide training and support if wanted, you just have to ask and they are very helpful. They have lots of resources and people that you can leverage to grow your skills.
Great and fair compensation at this company for their employees. It's a good place and I really enjoy my work here. Management is fair and there are lots of career opportunities for those that want it. It's a family run company and not a cold corporate structure. Lots of people here I would call my friends.
there is rarely a shortage of work to be done as the business keeps busy. Good thing is most of the managers are very supportive and open to questions whenever you have it. Staff is friendly and helpful. They value self-starters in this environment. Room to grow if you show initiative.
Pros
good people
Cons
busy
Regular big company, the positive thing of this company is that they have lots of work but in the other side the wage is lower than the standard.
Is it good enough for you?
Signed on recently and this place rocks! Great attention to their staff and training and a really nice environment. They take care of their people and it shows that most of their employees have been here for many years some over 30+ years!
Totally below the average, the environment in the office is really bad, also the culture. To be honest, they are not friendly at all and sometimes really mean. The pay is much lower than the average, but work is overload. Turn over rate here is really high, I never see a company has so many people left and in. They didn't welcome newcomer, only treat old staff nice. They only care about money and do not care about your life. not proper training at all.

Most important is the benefit provided after 6 months!!!!! and the old lady who is taking care of this benefit is really mean and not helpful. please think about it.
Nice colleagues and other staff here, involved management and good compensation. Trains you on good career skills to grow your personal career. Proud to say I work here, very well established in the industry. Long term family company that has been around for almost 100 years, there is a reason that is the case instead of these other corporate places or pop up companies that don't know what they are doing.
I get up in the morning and am happy to go to work here and proud to be part of this company. Great pay for hourly, bonuses, spiffs etc. Honest family run business that is very well established, not like some of these other places I have been at that really are shady. Really big focus on customer service and keeping not only the clients happy but techs out in the field happy also. Really good group of people and many of which are great friends now!
Trust milani to work for . You will get paid on time
Other promise commession . And they donot pay like ashton .

As conner williams said . We havenot made money out of these jobs .
When I first started working at Milani it was a good opportunity, but after years of working for this company I don’t feel appreciated what so ever. I feel mentally drained after work because of the lack of training my co workers have. So I have to work harder then I should. This company only cares about making money and getting the job done even if the job is unsafe. I don’t want others to experience what they have put me through.
Pros
Cons
Low pay even if you’ve worked for them or years