Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd Employee Reviews

Job posting less than truthful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2019
Had an interview with the Business Manager, the real scope of Inside Sales was for being at their Kiosk at Costco, which they neglected to mention. Starting salary is $15 an hour and not what they posted. False job posting. I declined.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work and grow your career
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 January 2019
Typical day at work is you get dispatched a job (dispatch team trys to send you jobs as close to your house as possible) and you complete service calls throughout the day. Sometimes you are on all day projects as well with a team of other coworkers. Lots of tools and new equipment is available for you to use from the tool rental company that is owned by Milani. Trucks are newer also and you can tell this company is dedicated to high end professionalism. Really good place to grow your career as there are multiple divisions and different upper management positions available for those that work towards it. Fair management also that recognises hard work and will generously reward you. Wage is excellent also and makes people stay, most employees at Milani are long term some have been with the company for over 35+ years. I am personally working towards my goal of an upper management position at Milani and hope to achieve it in the future which I know I can.
Pros
Company vehicle you get to take home, great pay and bonuses, always work available for those that want
Cons
Long hours in the winter
Biggest and best in town
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 December 2018
Really happy I got hired here. Been at a lot of other companies around town and this one is by far the best in all categories. Lots of perks for technicians and the environment is great to work in. Hopefully will be here until I retire in many years.
Pros
Lots of free meals for techs on meetings
Fair company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2018
Good place for technicians and fair treatment from the company and management. Paid for all time like travel and morning meetings that they do a few times per month, and if you finish a job in less than a hour and a half you keep the difference. You can work for 8 hours but get paid for 12! Lots of training done at the on site training facility they have in their office also. Office is good and most are very helpful. Biggest shop in town and you can tell they are professional. Lots of extra ways to earn extra $$$ also with the bonus program.
Pros
Good pay, good advancement opportunities, paid for all time
Cons
Not perfect but pretty darn good place to work
Mostly busy service company
Heating and plumbing technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 November 2018
Service work is mostly good if you avoid the office and people in it, very toxic atmosphere with an office staff versus techs attitude.They leave you alone if you make no mistake and collect. Stay away from projects or installations. Unrealistic timelines from people that cant do the work anyways. If you need help on a job good luck. They do have bonus programs related to customer service and talking pictures of sunsets and pets. The majority of the other HVAC/plumbers are easy going and will teach the way if you get along with them. Parts department is very helpful but overworked. Lots of company resources like material and tools. Safety is also something they do take seriously. If you know what you are doing you will go far. If you don't sink or swim.
Pros
Busy most days
Cons
Lots of unpaid time for techs, Micro managed by people with little trade experience, Oncall is brutal, but that is any service job.
Nice complay good for the long term
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 November 2018
It’s a good company to be working in and I like it alot treats people fairly and very good for the long term. Most companies I was working in the past miss out on a lot of things where here they don’t. You spend most of your day at work so better make sure it’s a good place you are in.
Good place to put down your roots
Office Administrative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2018
Growing company that has been around for many years. Fair employer and good advancement opportunities. Big player in town, and very strong focus on five star customer service.
Pros
Free training for staff
Cons
Not perfect like any place
My work fam <3
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2018
Really like my job and working for this company. Colleagues are great and the culture that the company has is something I have never experienced anywhere else before. Very good vibe place and I love getting up to go to work each day (Crazy I know!) Really good bunch of people and a great career opportunities.
Pros
Really great people
I would have to say one of the better companies out there.
Customer Service Rep/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2018
Good company to work for that is undergoing new changes which I think are great. Management is very involved with staff and are friendly and easy to approach. The company serves lot's of different fields so it never gets boring. Lots of ways to advance in the company for hard working loyal employees and big growth potential as they keep getting bigger and bigger each year. Really good vibe and company culture . Really good people to work with as well.
Pros
Free breakfasts, lots of bonuses and prizes to win (like trip to vegas or flat screen tv's)
Great leader
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 June 2018
I have 15 years in the industry and I have to say the CEO is a pillar of leadership in the company. No matter how small the issue he will take the time to listen to your problem and come up with a cooperative solution. He is constantly working to help the company change and adapt to the newest technologies and training techniques. He truly cares about the company, and the employees. I really like his management style

They work hard to create a work environment that we employees enjoy. They often run breakfast meetings and some bbq's. The christmas party has always been a highlight for me.

The hardest part of the job would be that the company is very busy. But this means there is always more money to be made if you work hard. The hours also start pretty early (7/8am) depending on your job title.
Pros
food around the office, nice staff
Cons
very busy, early starts
Excellent so far - treats techs very well
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2018
At this company there is good opportunities for advancement and training for the techs. They have been around for over 62 years and they pay their techs well and treat them right. Managers are involved and want to help you further your career. They treat you fairly. In house training facility for training techs on skills and good spiffs and bonuses for all kinds of different things like selling or making a customer happy to taking a picture for the instagram page for the company. Tons of ways to make extra money on top of a good wage for those who are looking. Love the company culture and the company events that they have. A lot better than most other companies in the industry.
Pros
Good bonuses for techs & opportunity to advance up in company
Cons
Very Busy
Busy
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 May 2018
I have learned a lot about plumbing supplies . We have to serve about 50 plumbers and help them get there supplies . Also we have to source out parts for the customers . Warehouse and shipping/ receiving is also part of the job .
Overall solid company
HVAC outside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2018
One of the more stable companies in this field and a good place to work. Staff are friendly, costumer service is a priority. Strong client base for HVAC
Amazing company
Accounting and Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 March 2018
Great environment. Dedicated team and amazing benefits. Also great hours and close to a skytrain, which is ideal.

Great opportunities to move up as well as learn new things.
Cons
Not many places to go for luncb, short breaks
Horrible
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 January 2018
Toxic office environment, no appreciation for office staff. Multiple staff have noticed that if you go the extra mile, you'll actually receive criticism for doing so.
Salaries are laughable, and management acts like they're doing you a HUGE favour if they ever do provide a raise, which likely brings you up to almost (but still not quite) industry standard.
Most people who have the misfortune of getting hired there stick around just long enough that their employment duration at Milani won't look bad on a resume, and then run away as fast as they can.
Pros
Company has been around a long time, so if you show up to work and do a decent job, you will have some job security (though they do fire a LOT of people).
Cons
Terrible work environment, low pay (many departments are well below industry standard), no appreciation, little direction from management but lots of expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd Reviews by Location