Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd

Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Fair & hardworking people
I have learned lots from my time at Milani. They have taught me many things technically and customer service related. I've learned how to install systems I never thought I would be doing and how to provide options to customers and generate more work for myself and my colleagues. There is a positive workplace culture and lots of support. They really do care and are very fair with everyone. I hope to one day be back at this company with my friends here as I really enjoyed my time at this company.
I have been working at Milani for nearly 2 years now. I enjoy working here as it is very structured, there are policies and protocols in place, and it is a fast paced environment. My role includes scheduling projects and service calls for our commercial division, ordering material, dispatching our technicians and administrative duties. In my time here, I've learned to efficiently prioritize tasks and the importance of serving all customers at a satisfactory level. We have a great group of managers at Milani that are always willing to train staff and provide constructive criticism. Although it can be a very demanding work environment at times, management offers their appreciation to staff by providing lunch once in a while as well as on some special occasions. The hardest part of the job would be that this environment requires a lot of juggling and multitasking. I enjoy this aspect as everyone is kept occupied. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you were part in delivering exceptional service to any of our valued customers. I highly recommend working for Milani Plumbing, Drainage and Heating!
Excellent place to work!
Great company, great salary, positive working culture, amazing leadership, lots of internal growth opportunities. Management is very helpful and supportive.
This is a great place to work not only for the employee engagement but the overall sense of worth that the company brings. They care about their staff and it is proven within many aspects of the company.
Great Place to work
This is the happiest that I've ever been going to work. the team gets a long and even though departments are different everyone still works as a team to get things done. I've learned so much about the industry working here and I knew nothing about plumbing before this. Management understands what we go through and ensures we have the support to make things happen
Room for Growth
Over my past few years at Milani i have been able to progress a lot in my career. I started off knowing next to nothing in the trade and now I am running all my own calls. They always have lots of work and will provide training and support if wanted, you just have to ask and they are very helpful. They have lots of resources and people that you can leverage to grow your skills.
Great Care Of Customers And Employees
Great and fair compensation at this company for their employees. It's a good place and I really enjoy my work here. Management is fair and there are lots of career opportunities for those that want it. It's a family run company and not a cold corporate structure. Lots of people here I would call my friends.
Supportive leadership
there is rarely a shortage of work to be done as the business keeps busy. Good thing is most of the managers are very supportive and open to questions whenever you have it. Staff is friendly and helpful. They value self-starters in this environment. Room to grow if you show initiative.
Pros
good people
Cons
busy
plumbing company
Regular big company, the positive thing of this company is that they have lots of work but in the other side the wage is lower than the standard.
Is it good enough for you?
Good working here
Signed on recently and this place rocks! Great attention to their staff and training and a really nice environment. They take care of their people and it shows that most of their employees have been here for many years some over 30+ years!
Bad place to work, benefits after 6 months!
Totally below the average, the environment in the office is really bad, also the culture. To be honest, they are not friendly at all and sometimes really mean. The pay is much lower than the average, but work is overload. Turn over rate here is really high, I never see a company has so many people left and in. They didn't welcome newcomer, only treat old staff nice. They only care about money and do not care about your life. not proper training at all.

Most important is the benefit provided after 6 months!!!!! and the old lady who is taking care of this benefit is really mean and not helpful. please think about it.
Good people
Nice colleagues and other staff here, involved management and good compensation. Trains you on good career skills to grow your personal career. Proud to say I work here, very well established in the industry. Long term family company that has been around for almost 100 years, there is a reason that is the case instead of these other corporate places or pop up companies that don't know what they are doing.
Fantastic!
I get up in the morning and am happy to go to work here and proud to be part of this company. Great pay for hourly, bonuses, spiffs etc. Honest family run business that is very well established, not like some of these other places I have been at that really are shady. Really big focus on customer service and keeping not only the clients happy but techs out in the field happy also. Really good group of people and many of which are great friends now!
Te best to work for
Trust milani to work for . You will get paid on time
Other promise commession . And they donot pay like ashton .

As conner williams said . We havenot made money out of these jobs .
Don’t treat employees properly
When I first started working at Milani it was a good opportunity, but after years of working for this company I don’t feel appreciated what so ever. I feel mentally drained after work because of the lack of training my co workers have. So I have to work harder then I should. This company only cares about making money and getting the job done even if the job is unsafe. I don’t want others to experience what they have put me through.
Pros
Cons
Low pay even if you’ve worked for them or years
Been great working here
I've really enjoyed my time working at this company over the years. The pay is good, lots of bonus opportunities, and lots of training. I started changing filters and helping technicians and now am a fully ticketed HVAC tech!
bad company
very bad company to work for and to have as a contractor, they don't pay the staff enough to live on, they collect regular plumbers rates but pay little to staff.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
They don’t care employee well
They don’t care employees well. Always working under pressure. Not proper benefits. Not much to learn. They hold meetings every week but not for employees benefits just for company growth
Positive memories
Back when I was working at Milani I had positive memories of my time working there. It was a solid company with good incentives and nice management. Lots of long term employees here as people tend to stick around. I moved to a different country for personal reasons so am no longer working here but it was a good company.
Pros
Career opportunities +++
Cons
None really
Job posting less than truthful
Had an interview with the Business Manager, the real scope of Inside Sales was for being at their Kiosk at Costco, which they neglected to mention. Starting salary is $15 an hour and not what they posted. False job posting. I declined.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Job For The Long Term
One of those companies you can be proud to be apart of and grow a meaningfull career. I learned a long time ago that when you find a good place to call home you jump on that opportunity while it is still there! I sure am glad I did with this company. The atmosphere at Milani is great and I really like my colleagues, people are nice and down to earth. It can get hectick at times during the high season on rainy or freezing cold days like any service company but I feel like getting through these days only makes everyone stronger as a team. Management at Milani is open book and ready to help you and your career. If you want something for the long haul to build a real career then this is the place to do it. It's run by a family who has been in business for over 62 years and you can tell they care about the people that work there by offering good pay, benifits and other bonuses. It's a great feeling when you are happy to come into work every day.
Pros
Free Breakfasts, Lots of Bonuses, Good Compensation, Open Door Policy
Great place to work and grow your career
Typical day at work is you get dispatched a job (dispatch team trys to send you jobs as close to your house as possible) and you complete service calls throughout the day. Sometimes you are on all day projects as well with a team of other coworkers. Lots of tools and new equipment is available for you to use from the tool rental company that is owned by Milani. Trucks are newer also and you can tell this company is dedicated to high end professionalism. Really good place to grow your career as there are multiple divisions and different upper management positions available for those that work towards it. Fair management also that recognises hard work and will generously reward you. Wage is excellent also and makes people stay, most employees at Milani are long term some have been with the company for over 35+ years. I am personally working towards my goal of an upper management position at Milani and hope to achieve it in the future which I know I can.
Pros
Company vehicle you get to take home, great pay and bonuses, always work available for those that want
Cons
Long hours in the winter
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2