Milacron LLC Employee Reviews

Quality Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MI28 February 2019
I really enjoy working for milacron but when I got hired within 4 days they fired the guy that was training me and then they brought in any new manager in between manager and the older employees there he never got a long so and part of it was they never came to an agreement with their differences there would talk bad about each other behind each other's back instead of just trying to resolve the situation but of course they had to get me involved there problems all in all they let me go because they said I had six points to my understanding every time that you get a point you get rid up I got written up once because I failed to fill out my production sheet correctly so how they said I had six points when ya there were times that I did take off there were excused from the new manager overall it is a good company I wish I could go back there but unfortunately they lie to me when they put me in the office and they told me that I had six points I should have asked them where was the paperwork that I signed it was only one infraction that I signed so that makes them Liars but who knows maybe they have changed my opinion if you can get in there just work hard mind your own business and you'll be fine
After Milacron took over it became a horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GA24 January 2019
Horrible place to work. You could cut the tension (created by the upper management) with a knife. I would rather make less money and have fun doing that, than make few bucks more and work in that kind of condition, where no one gives you any respect. I know that the upper management are immune to criticism and maybe even when they read so many bad reviews they will read it with smirk on their face. HR in that company is ...nonexistent!!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to enumerate !!!!!
No worklife balance
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI4 November 2018
I was just Downsized from Company Milacron DME after working a 90 plus hour week without any notice. They now have a postion posted on Indeed for Finance Director. They treat their emolyees terrible. I was hired for a job and they gave me a different one. President running the Division into the ground.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, treat employees terrible
If you need a job
Current member (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GA4 October 2018
The company was treating employees like slave. They gave everyone 10 points and they will terminate you if you use it all. Even you can't go to work because of sickness, you still get negative 2 points. You will get negative 1 point if you leaving while working because of not feeling well or any reasons. The management was very bad. Manager and supervisors were lack of knowledge about the job of machining and don't know how to manage the shop. It's best for you if you need a job or starter to get experience.
Good place to learn a trade
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OH21 July 2018
Horrible place to consider a career. Money just ok. Management constantly stirring the pot with rules and regsā€¦.DAILY! Too many chiefs and shop floor emplyees seem to always be blamed for company's short comings. There is no indication of wanting employee retention. Take it or leave it.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Too many bosses
Milacron transition from provate to public.
Senior Field Engineer / Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA20 July 2018
The transition was very ugly, very cut throat, management was terrible, over bearing and controlling management with little to no human management skills.
Pros
Well paid, lots of hours, decent benefits.
Cons
Public transition, bullish management
Okay for starter job
Human Resources Coordinator/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH9 July 2018
I enjoyed Milacron in the beginning. But as of lately; they only seem to focus their time and energy/money on those who don't excel as much. They need to invest more in the employees that are working really hard to make a difference.
Dont do it
Shop Employee (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KS1 May 2018
This place has terrible Upper Management. Beyond the shop floor, no one cares about how you do your job safe or otherwise as long as it is done. There is no training program thus setting everyone up for failure when management decides to change processes which occurs at least a dozen times a year. Equipment is outdated and I need of replacement. If you aren't in good with certain managers, expect to get crapped on consistently. Benefits are good, but pay is not what it needs to be to compete with other industry in town. Morale is nom existent as you are expected to work 12 plus hours 7 days a week without being informed of company sales goals or output. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Great shop workers
Cons
Poor upper management and too many others to list
Good if you need a job.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MI7 March 2018
Good place to work if you're young and single due to lots of hours, altho most people who are hired after you will make more money then you hourly. Very poor management, very poor planning on jobs, and very poor planning on work equipment. Constant problems around every corner of the shop. And very hard to get much work done due to constantly needing to go and find the part to machine, which could possible be on the other side of the shop. Very little shop morale, which in turn makes your time there seem dreadful. But in reality if you need a place to work then this is a decent place to get you back on your feet.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Mainly management
Managment never listens and doesn't care about employees
Painter/Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OH22 January 2018
As any place this one has its skeletons in the closet. They preach their own terms and regulations but never follow them and change constantly throughout the year. I don't recommend this job unless you enjoy 6 to 7 days a week, holidays and any other social events to be put on the back burner. If your single perfect for you, but not with any family or home life.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Extreme expectations with limited time frames
Slow
Chemical Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH20 December 2017
The place won't be in business long. Processing of products are done backwards and with outdated equipment compared to any other chemical processing I've done
Pros
Good people
Cons
Sitting around watching a slow shut down
Decent benefits but thats about it
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OH12 July 2017
You get paid well but you never have time for a personal life. you will have job security as long as you work every weekend for them. they get upset if not.
Pros
okay payscale
Cons
work/life balance and poor management
Too many changes
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas28 June 2017
Currently there are too many changes that are affecting the annual income. Difficult to make a living with them. And it is just the start. Field service techs are no longer guaranteed their 40 hrs a week as verbally said when hired.
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH2 August 2015
Fun and exciting company that holds a global presence in the industry. While working there I've gained invaluable experience and knowledge.