Mikisew Group of Companies

Mikisew Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Good place to work with a great crew

I give this company a 3 in all aspects there is room for improvement like any other company I have worked for however if you do what is expected of you then there is no issue. I see some negative comments here which means maybe we hired the wrong people for the job. Give the place a chance before you pass judgement a great bunch of people to work with.

Pros

Ticket in to the oilfield

Cons

Away from family

Worst Job Ever

A typical day working for the company was listening to co-workers complain about the lack of management, horrible work conditions, and how the company was circling the drain. I learned that, in spite of itself, some companies will always exist when they have a niche business; in this case representing a 'First Nations' business alternative. The management was non-existent. Most of the directors worked in a separate building from all the other staff. The direct manager I had closed her door all day and rarely checked on her staff or took the opportunity to share her knowledge with anyone. The Director of Finance took year end off, leaving inexperienced subordinates to carry the load and deal with auditors. The lower level staff were okay. They were in a position where there weren't options for voicing opinions or sharing lessons learned. Many of the staff were lazy, complaining when minor changes where made to their work days because they 'didn't have time' to do the work. All told, some people made the entire environment extraordinarily toxic. The hardest part of the job was actually knowing what I was meant to be doing. My manager provided me with no direction, my staff wouldn't talk to each other, and there was no sense of team at all. The most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.

Pros

Gave me management experience

Cons

Long hours, horrible management, toxic work place

Unpredictable in a bad way

high turnover; but, not only at the operational level. Senior management turnover even worse. Never know who to deal with regarding a question. Too much" throwing people under the bus". When there is a change, the incoming person blames the other person for what is wrong. Little training for new employees. Setting up for failure

Pros

A pay cheque

Cons

management

Interesting

You dont know what to expect on a daily basis,with a fun dynamic atmosphere

Fast Past and Team Efforts

Typical Day: Printing off LEMS, check hours and people off sites reports, enter all information, print off report and triple check entry's, investigate all pay issues. Learning of computer networking, accuracy, organization, and different ways of entry.

Pros

learning experience.

Cons

non communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mikisew Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8