Mikisew Group of Companies

Mikisew Group of Companies Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Poor company to work for

Awful upper management, constant lies, terrible hiring practices and zero accountability of upper management and HSE, The company does not pay for any training and expects the employees to pay out of pocket for all of the courses that are required even the higher end courses like loader training and upgrading your licences to higher classes, they do not pay bereavement even if a funeral is out of country, employees must jump through hoops and even sometimes are forced to pay for flights from site when there is a family emergency

Pros

Cons

Lack of training, Poor wages, Poor benefits, Misguided information, Lack of knowledge within safety department.

Great Company to Work For!

I really found a good fit and work with an awesome team. I don't mind the fly in fly out gig. It gives me the opportunity to provide a good living and I get a decent amount of time off.

poor management

I worked for this company for a year and a half and they are not good The superintendents think they are smarter then they are. They tell you there's room for advancement and they keep hanging that over your head, but there really is no where for you to move up. The superintendents are inexperienced and so they don't know how to run the general foreman's. The general foreman's are equally inexperienced and so the place is not run well. The superintendents think that they are the most important people in the world. The wages are awful. Once you get to the top labourer wages which isn't even that high you can't get any higher. I didn't get a raise the whole time i was there cause i was already at the top but i again reiterate isn't that high. The superintendents chose there friends to fill general foreman and foreman roles, which included even bringing them over from another company instead of advancing people from within the company. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Pros

every other week off

Cons

awful management

Room for improvement, but overall a good company to work for

If you are willing to work, you are praised and noticed. Hiring is all equal opportunity, if you are willing to take training on pre-hire courses required, they will give you a chance to prove yourself. There are employees ( as there are everywhere) who don't put forth much effort. I enjoyed my time there and was given an opportunity.... when I needed them, they were there for me and supported my further training. I can't thank them enough for this. There is a real concern for safety and I would work for them again.

Pros

They are wanting to make things better, safety culture etc.

Cons

once hired, training is hard to schedule, hard to get practical hands on time for pre-employment tickets

Poorly Managed Company. Avoid at all costs!

I did a year in this hole. The whole place was a nightmare. Wages were on the low side and no one else was hiring. Good crew of mechanics to work with for the most part. All the supervisors talk you down behind your back. All our techs had more knowledge then the leads. Low wages ran off all the good employees. Now they just hire what they can get. Horrible management on all levels. Band is heavily in debt. Cut our wages 20% to try and recoup their loses. They should be booted off site due to safety violations and incidents. Just like any other indigenous run comany. They paid the native labourers more than the white technicians. Wapasu was a bad camp with bad food. It was agony having to do 10 days in this place. At least we didn't work hard. You can't get fired from this place unless you try real hard.

Pros

10 days away from this place at a time.

Cons

Everything else.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mikisew Group of Companies?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mikisew Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Mikisew Group of Companies with

• Mikisew Group of Companies
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?