Mikisew Group of Companies

Mikisew Group of Companies Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.5Job security & advancement

Wait until you have relative in Management, watch your back

Was a Fun place to work, some co-workers were great, others would relay info to HR, or their relatives in Management if they were given menial tasks, or reprimanded for absences. Was not told it was a seasonal position before starting, was about to go in for 1 week before taking time off so I can be there for the birth of my son. When I got to the airport, was told I was not on the manifest. Called work and my manager at the time said "sorry you had to go to the airport." spent $120 on a cab to and from the airport. HR and my "Union" were of no help as well. But the "Rats" got to keep their jobs before quitting a few months later.Sorry, seems like a rant. But if you have a good crew, it is a fun place to work.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Nepotism in hiring process

You can't only work mikisew but you can learn samething new

Working mikisew is working at home management is very good they can answer every question that you have friendly mikisew is the best company I ever worked

Most enjoyable job I ever worked.

Great people to work with. Management was excellent and I learned a lot s from them. They gave you time to learn. They teach how to take your time to do the job perfectly.

Good place to work with a great crew

I give this company a 3 in all aspects there is room for improvement like any other company I have worked for however if you do what is expected of you then there is no issue. I see some negative comments here which means maybe we hired the wrong people for the job. Give the place a chance before you pass judgement a great bunch of people to work with.

Pros

Ticket in to the oilfield

Cons

Away from family

poor management

I worked for this company for a year and a half and they are not good The superintendents think they are smarter then they are. They tell you there's room for advancement and they keep hanging that over your head, but there really is no where for you to move up. The superintendents are inexperienced and so they don't know how to run the general foreman's. The general foreman's are equally inexperienced and so the place is not run well. The superintendents think that they are the most important people in the world. The wages are awful. Once you get to the top labourer wages which isn't even that high you can't get any higher. I didn't get a raise the whole time i was there cause i was already at the top but i again reiterate isn't that high. The superintendents chose there friends to fill general foreman and foreman roles, which included even bringing them over from another company instead of advancing people from within the company. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Pros

every other week off

Cons

awful management

Room for improvement, but overall a good company to work for

If you are willing to work, you are praised and noticed. Hiring is all equal opportunity, if you are willing to take training on pre-hire courses required, they will give you a chance to prove yourself. There are employees ( as there are everywhere) who don't put forth much effort. I enjoyed my time there and was given an opportunity.... when I needed them, they were there for me and supported my further training. I can't thank them enough for this. There is a real concern for safety and I would work for them again.

Pros

They are wanting to make things better, safety culture etc.

Cons

once hired, training is hard to schedule, hard to get practical hands on time for pre-employment tickets

Poorly Managed Company. Avoid at all costs!

I did a year in this hole. The whole place was a nightmare. Wages were on the low side and no one else was hiring. Good crew of mechanics to work with for the most part. All the supervisors talk you down behind your back. All our techs had more knowledge then the leads. Low wages ran off all the good employees. Now they just hire what they can get. Horrible management on all levels. Band is heavily in debt. Cut our wages 20% to try and recoup their loses. They should be booted off site due to safety violations and incidents. Just like any other indigenous run comany. They paid the native labourers more than the white technicians. Wapasu was a bad camp with bad food. It was agony having to do 10 days in this place. At least we didn't work hard. You can't get fired from this place unless you try real hard.

Pros

10 days away from this place at a time.

Cons

Everything else.

Good, fun, atmosphere. Good work/life balance. Needs some work in structure and management, but overall makes a good effort that employees can use.

Progress quickly if you are a member

Great place to work good people there is a lack in skill set in some of the management. It is a band based company so if you are not a part of the band, or culture it can be hard to work with. There is a lot of unfair actions that happen and the life/work balance is unstable.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Management, Fairness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mikisew Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Mikisew Group of Companies with

• Mikisew Group of Companies
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?