Mikisew Group of Companies
View all Mikisew Group of Companies reviews

Mikisew Group of Companies

Mikisew Group of Companies Employee Review

Worst Job Ever

A typical day working for the company was listening to co-workers complain about the lack of management, horrible work conditions, and how the company was circling the drain. I learned that, in spite of itself, some companies will always exist when they have a niche business; in this case representing a 'First Nations' business alternative. The management was non-existent. Most of the directors worked in a separate building from all the other staff. The direct manager I had closed her door all day and rarely checked on her staff or took the opportunity to share her knowledge with anyone. The Director of Finance took year end off, leaving inexperienced subordinates to carry the load and deal with auditors. The lower level staff were okay. They were in a position where there weren't options for voicing opinions or sharing lessons learned. Many of the staff were lazy, complaining when minor changes where made to their work days because they 'didn't have time' to do the work. All told, some people made the entire environment extraordinarily toxic. The hardest part of the job was actually knowing what I was meant to be doing. My manager provided me with no direction, my staff wouldn't talk to each other, and there was no sense of team at all. The most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.

Pros

Gave me management experience

Cons

Long hours, horrible management, toxic work place

1.0Job security/advancement

Extremely unprofessional

Extremely unprofessional, non cooperative and unhealthy style of management. They don't respect if you are not the part of the band. CFO and director don't guide but just blame.
Same location

Good place to work Good people Nice environment Good pay Weekends off Good location Good hours Fun atmosphere to work in Overall a pretty decent place to work

Very confusing place

A lot of tossing people under the bus. Management has had a lot of turnover and there are people in the wrong positions with lack of education being an issue. Wish I had seen the reviews before I started there.

Pros

Occasional free lunches

Cons

Just about everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mikisew Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8