Mikisew Group of Companies logo
Mikisew Group of Companies

Mikisew Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Good place to work with a great crew

I give this company a 3 in all aspects there is room for improvement like any other company I have worked for however if you do what is expected of you then there is no issue. I see some negative comments here which means maybe we hired the wrong people for the job. Give the place a chance before you pass judgement a great bunch of people to work with.

Pros

Ticket in to the oilfield

Cons

Away from family

You can't only work mikisew but you can learn samething new

Working mikisew is working at home management is very good they can answer every question that you have friendly mikisew is the best company I ever worked

Poor company to work for

Awful upper management, constant lies, terrible hiring practices and zero accountability of upper management and HSE, The company does not pay for any training and expects the employees to pay out of pocket for all of the courses that are required even the higher end courses like loader training and upgrading your licences to higher classes, they do not pay bereavement even if a funeral is out of country, employees must jump through hoops and even sometimes are forced to pay for flights from site when there is a family emergency

Pros

Cons

Lack of training, Poor wages, Poor benefits, Misguided information, Lack of knowledge within safety department.

Most enjoyable job I ever worked.

Great people to work with. Management was excellent and I learned a lot s from them. They gave you time to learn. They teach how to take your time to do the job perfectly.

Worst Camp job I have ever worked

If you don't fit in or if your foreman doesn't like you he will try to get You skidded as quickly as possible this company is a poor Excuse for a job and they should not even be suncor sites Due to high risk safety issues Stay away from this company

Pros

Cons

Safety

1/5 star

They hire people with literally no experience. Green hats become foreman within 2 weeks of work-no prior experience. Management sucks, equipment sucks. Half the crew doesn’t speak English, Not being racist but it’s a huge safety issue. Company is a joke!

Goid company to work for

Good company/ GOOD management/ safety oriented/ fair treatment of employees/ open door policy by management concerning any issues by employees / any issues are reviewed by management and employees on any subject that arises

Extremely unprofessional

Extremely unprofessional, non cooperative and unhealthy style of management. They don't respect if you are not the part of the band. CFO and director don't guide but just blame.

Avoid avoid avoid

It would be a complete waste of any ones time to work at there Kearl Lake Location...Very unprofessional Management.If you have any pride in your work and the company you work for take my advice and save your self alot of grief.

Great Company to Work For!

I really found a good fit and work with an awesome team. I don't mind the fly in fly out gig. It gives me the opportunity to provide a good living and I get a decent amount of time off.

Great Place to Work

It was a pleasure working for this company. The work load is a good steady pace, always something to do and never bored. Upper Management ensured their team members were supported with the right tools and resources for the job.

Good place to work Good people Nice environment Good pay Weekends off Good location Good hours Fun atmosphere to work in Overall a pretty decent place to work

fun workplace

fun, hardworking job, once you walk in there are happy hard working people there. learned lots when i worked there. the management is very helpful and good people.the hardest part is leaving. the most enjoyable is getting there to start my shift

poor management

I worked for this company for a year and a half and they are not good The superintendents think they are smarter then they are. They tell you there's room for advancement and they keep hanging that over your head, but there really is no where for you to move up. The superintendents are inexperienced and so they don't know how to run the general foreman's. The general foreman's are equally inexperienced and so the place is not run well. The superintendents think that they are the most important people in the world. The wages are awful. Once you get to the top labourer wages which isn't even that high you can't get any higher. I didn't get a raise the whole time i was there cause i was already at the top but i again reiterate isn't that high. The superintendents chose there friends to fill general foreman and foreman roles, which included even bringing them over from another company instead of advancing people from within the company. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Pros

every other week off

Cons

awful management

Room for improvement, but overall a good company to work for

If you are willing to work, you are praised and noticed. Hiring is all equal opportunity, if you are willing to take training on pre-hire courses required, they will give you a chance to prove yourself. There are employees ( as there are everywhere) who don't put forth much effort. I enjoyed my time there and was given an opportunity.... when I needed them, they were there for me and supported my further training. I can't thank them enough for this. There is a real concern for safety and I would work for them again.

Pros

They are wanting to make things better, safety culture etc.

Cons

once hired, training is hard to schedule, hard to get practical hands on time for pre-employment tickets

Poorly Managed Company. Avoid at all costs!

I did a year in this hole. The whole place was a nightmare. Wages were on the low side and no one else was hiring. Good crew of mechanics to work with for the most part. All the supervisors talk you down behind your back. All our techs had more knowledge then the leads. Low wages ran off all the good employees. Now they just hire what they can get. Horrible management on all levels. Band is heavily in debt. Cut our wages 20% to try and recoup their loses. They should be booted off site due to safety violations and incidents. Just like any other indigenous run comany. They paid the native labourers more than the white technicians. Wapasu was a bad camp with bad food. It was agony having to do 10 days in this place. At least we didn't work hard. You can't get fired from this place unless you try real hard.

Pros

10 days away from this place at a time.

Cons

Everything else.

Very confusing place

A lot of tossing people under the bus. Management has had a lot of turnover and there are people in the wrong positions with lack of education being an issue. Wish I had seen the reviews before I started there.

Pros

Occasional free lunches

Cons

Just about everything else

Good, fun, atmosphere. Good work/life balance. Needs some work in structure and management, but overall makes a good effort that employees can use.

enjoyed working for Mikisew Group of Companies

wished there were more to do worked independantly no supervision communicated with co-workers but they are mostly located in Edmonton the hardest part of the job was not being kept busy the most enjoyable part was helping when I can

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

wished I was more busy

Bad management on all levels

too much information that should be kept at a management level leaking to the office workers. Found out about management performance issues & personal health issues of other workers which was totally disrespectful of personal privacy. Extremely high staff turnover.

Pros

pay cheque

Cons

everything else

Progress quickly if you are a member

Great place to work good people there is a lack in skill set in some of the management. It is a band based company so if you are not a part of the band, or culture it can be hard to work with. There is a lot of unfair actions that happen and the life/work balance is unstable.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Management, Fairness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mikisew Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8