mike's Place Employee Reviews

Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, MA11 December 2018
Learned everything needed to know about running a bar from hiring and training to ordering supplies and getting the right permits, and certifications..
Pros
meeting lots of different people
Cons
no benefits
A place I loved to work for, turned into a wasteland.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MA26 August 2018
When I first started working there as a delivery driver my wage was $6.00 an hour, which was $5 dollars below minimum wage in Massachusetts. But in all honesty the tips received made it average out to about 11-20 dollars an hour depending on the day. Then the owner started hiring his friends as drivers, who took numerous hours to find certain houses. This led to a sharp decrease in customers and a loss of regulars.
Pros
Discounted food, decent amount of downtime
Cons
Poor money
horrible work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WI20 June 2018
the managers are rude and disrespectful, the owner is never there and does nothing for the company. the food was always gross and there were multiple complaints every day about the food being gross. overall, a very unsanitary restaurant.
great work atmosphere and challenging
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  מחוז תל אביב31 May 2018
mikes places is a fun, proffesional but family oriented restaurant. competitive pay and chance to advance. very fast paced series but very self rewarding feeling at the end of each shift!
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
long shifts
great place to work
bartender (Former Employee) –  Superior, WI6 May 2017
scheduling was always flexible. The staff all work together well and look out for each other. Provides a sense of belonging as well always having fun at work!
Great atmosphere and friendly staff.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  ירושלים, מחוז ירושלים8 January 2017
It's very easy to work and get along with the general staff and typical crowd that comes through Mike's Place but can get very hectic during big sports games.
High end restaurant
Cook (Current Employee) –  Conway, AR15 October 2016
Being a high end restaurant there's a lot to prepare for because it can get busy. Honestly my favorite place I've ever worked at. Management expects a lot out of you but it never fails that at least one tells you good job after a hard night of work. I am always learning something new about cooking. It wouldn't be as enjoyable if we didn't have the staff that we do.
Pros
food
Cons
busy
Productive and Fun atmosphere with a desire to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Conway, Ar27 May 2015
Mike's Place is a top of the line restaurant with a style and ease about it that would make anyone want to be apart of our team.
My Very Own Place
Tavern Owner w/lease (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI1 April 2015
Three months worth of work before I was even able to get open. Went into a place that was run down pretty bad. Working with City/Plumbing/Electrical/& Building Inspectors I finally got approved for licensing through City Hall & was on my way to what became a job that consumed my life for the first year & a 1/2 before I starting hiring a couple of Female Bartender's to build up the business. Nobody want's to see the owner tending bar ALL the time. The Owner of the building helped me with absolutely nothing. I had to do this all on my own & in the end after building up & establishing quite an excellent business if I do say so myself the owner decided he no longer wanted to re-sign my lease. I was devastated. Again here I will go into detail if asked. I miss it to this day yet, but on the other hand I may not be here to tell about it because chances are that I would be dead. I began to fear for my customer's lives after 4 break-ins & worse 3 armed robberies. So obviously I don't miss that part.
Pros
Accomplishments
Cons
Hard work wasted
Great Food, Great Company!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Valdez, AK21 August 2014
This was my first job as a Busser/Hostess! I really loved this job it was fun it was fast and it was easy! Worked with all my friends! Employer Fed us one meal per shift! Food was AWESOME! Pizza was amazing! I love tourist season that's when it was the busiest and when we would make lots of money in tips! I met a lot of new people had great conversations and enjoyed my job! I can defiantly say that I miss working for Mikes Palace.
Pros
Great JOB, Great FOOD!