MIDTOWN HONDA

MIDTOWN HONDA Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada16 reviews

Numbers only

Fast paced and stressful, always short staffed, especially during busy seasons. Management likes to micromanage. Employees are not a priority. Required to work with co-workers who are not qualified or capable at they’re positions or do not have good work habits.

Rafih Auto Group is a quality employerGreat management teamVery busy store and a very easy product to sellGreat bonus structureCar allowanceLets go !

Insights into MIDTOWN HONDA

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energizing work tasks

horrible place

if you value your mental health do no work here. This place led me into a depression. You work like a donkey and its never enough for managers and owners. Ive never felt so disrespected at a company. do yourself a favour and look elsewhere for job opportunities because this place is not worth it.

Pros

co-workers are nice

Cons

managers are terrible

toxic work environment unless you are a favourite

this company is a company that thrives off of cuts to employees' privileges. In a couple of years with the company I have heard the owner's name so many times as the reason why things are being changed, yet he never even showed his face in the shop to the most hard working employees and the only ones who are compensated solely on their work and not guaranteed any salary.The management at the dealership I worked at was always looking for reasons to stress employees and make you feel like nobody's job is secure. They always seeked reasons to call out technicians, but would never back technicians when we were doing everything we could and still being blamed.They are quick to do anything that benefits them but when an empoyee is waiting for things from them they take months, even approaching a year at times, unless you make a statement and refuse to do something, then they will finally stop and MAYBE then they will actually address the issue.The hardest part of the job was waking up every morning knowing that you have to come to a place where your stress level is extremely high just to make a living, and then feel like nobody is there for support, since management always has an excuse not to be there when you need them.the most enjoyable part of the job was the other employees and how we would find joy from each other. There were some good relationships formed, however the cut throat environment led to there being a lot of speculation about who is favoured and who is getting "fed" the good jobs, which lead to a lot of tension in the shop at times when there was little work -

Pros

free lunch maybe twice a month

Cons

old badly maintained building, broken tools, certain honda tools not available, care more about how everything looks than how it actually is behind closed doors

Unprofessional work environment.

The worst company I’ve worked for. I’ve worked for fortune 500 companies to small businesses to contract work and this place is the most unprofessional run business I have ever seen. The politics that go on in this place, you could write a Hollywood script and win an Oscar for best screenplay. The managers play favorites and the finance managers talk bad about the sales people. There is no teamwork whatsoever. Avoid this place if you’re looking for professional work environment. It is not worth the headaches. Money is the root of evil here. GM has an old style of management and actually has never sold a car in his life!

Pros

Coming in late and they don’t care

Productive and Positive workplace

Very busy dealership with always something to do. From greeting customers to organizing there shuttle runs to valet the vehicles as they come in. Midtown Honda is a very enjoyable place to work.

Unorganized place

A lot of great people are working there, but...... Too many bosses, too much politics, too much of expectations Too much favoritism. They don't care about you. They care about the Dollars only!

lot attendent

overall great experience with some good people. hard work at times but with great benefits. management in the new car sales department could use some work though. aside from that great place to work.

Good group to work for. Great brand and location.

Good employer, very progressive group and always looking to improve. Sometimes little too much and too involved but overall I would say it's a great place to work.

Humble and hungry

A very busy store at times almost chaotic but supported by the best management team I have ever seen. Very much down to earth and humble group of people. People here most of the time work as a team. One of the inconvenience is a parking space for the employees.

Pros

Great team atmosphere

Cons

Employees parking

Stay Away!!

Started working as a valet. Probably the most unorganized place ever. Wearing 4 hats for minimum wage. Very toxic atmosphere and gruesome moral. Any other minimum wage job would be less stressful. Managers promise you the world and tell you to wait.

Pros

No expectations or accountability.

Cons

Unorganized all over.

Fast paced-high volume sales quota oriented-high customer service demand

Follow up with unresponsive customers and contacted new email inquires. Answered all sales calls and responded accordingly. Recorded all sales and appointments shown that were made by myself. Sent spread sheet to manager for review and advice on producing more traffic for dealership. Attended meetings for new inventory updates. Took videos for requesting customers. Upkept monthly quotas as desired by General Manager. Fast paced work environment made a quick work day but working with qualified professionals assited in all aspects of position.

Pros

Incentives for mulitple shown appointments and sales

Cons

high traffic expectations.

Excellent Ownership committed to professional development

Under the past ownership it was a pleasure to work with the team and support the organizations top level goals while improving overall culture with peers. If the past owner was to become an active member of a new or existing franchise I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to commit to mentoring under his leadership.

Pros

Professional Development and Leadership

Cons

Travel to location

High Pressure

Very regimental, put out great effort with results!!! Sold on the floor, made decent money, benefits and commissions were very good, no complaints. Overall not a place I would recommend as a long term dealership as far as the sales department goes. There are new owners since i have been gone, maybe they will appreciate top producers and treat staff with some respect???

Pros

Benifits/Comissions

Cons

High Pressure, not needed if you hire properly.

they dont pay you ontime

pay day is on the 15th and the 30 but i have never gotten paid on said day sometimes its a about 3-5 DAYS before i receive payment, there is no communication between staff and employee and any information that is floating around about changes are not fully explained

Pros

down time when not busy

Cons

not gettng paid on time, management

excellent, fun atmosphere

I started as the receptionist, moved to the service cashier/customer service and finally moved up to accounts payable and leasing administrator. Management and co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I had children and the schedule did not work for me at that time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that I was able to learn many different aspects of the auto industry that I can carry over to any profession.

benefits

Cons

sitting in an office alone at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDTOWN HONDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement