Midland Transport

Midland Transport Pay & benefits reviews

Midland is an Irving company and therefore has a different culture to get used to, however while they expect a high work standard they are very clear on expectations. The benefits are great as well as having employee appreciation days, holiday dinner etc. The pay is a little on the low side for the type of job and in the area, but the benefits are really stellar. I would recommend it as a work place.
Benefits is fair and could be compared to what most big companys have around. Matchup RRSP, vacation and sick pay, stat holiday pay, overtime shift rate and health insurance. Lots of overtime if you are willing to work. Management can be a challenge to deal with a few times but overall JDI GROUP is not a bad company to work for.
Very bad management and very bad work hours. They ask you to work over for free and pay very little. Don’t waste your time with them. A lot time you sit at home with now work
Je recommande fortement cette entreprise pour ceux qui aime avoir un emplois permanent et bien payé, surtout, respect!
Pros
Bon régime de retraite et très bonne assurances collectives
Cons
aucune
When I started the culture was driven by safety and respect. Upper management were in touch with the superior quality service within the the departments, however in recent years middle management hides a lot from them so their department looks good. The employee surveys are drilled down so as to be able to determine who is the person submitting and thus stifles anonymity. Unless you want to slowly have the life sucked out of you by micro managers stay away.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Immature managers and no accountability for them.
Midland is a courier service with expectations , deadlines and lots of work . Overall they were a great company to work for , the highlight of the job was meeting new faces daily .
Pros
Free Turkey at Christmas time
Cons
Long Hours
This company has been a huge experince on how the industry works however the experience there was terrible. People get paid bere minimum for a giant load of work. Any possition is highly stressful but still people who've been there for 10 + years are getting paid 16/ hr. HIght volume, constant stress, and low pay. I would never recomend this company as a perminent workplace.
je deconseille toute personne qui souhaiterait travailler à midland pointe claire. on m'a mis liencier sans préavis. Les employés ne réclament rien du tout. Ils travaillent 8h daffiler sans pause. Un endroit à ne pas aller pour trvailler
Good company to work for. Strong company culture. Good retention of employees. Some long days. Management is flexible and looks for solutions in some locations and is rigid in others.
Pros
strong company culture
Cons
long hours a lot of stress and no appreciating for middle management just huge turnover. Hard to plan for your future when each management position only has a shelf life of a year.
Pros
pay well
Cons
a lot of turn over
aucun esprit d equipe ,equipement laisse a désiré,mentalité de y a 25ans....travail pas le temps de prendre de pauses…..
Pros
salaire
Cons
trop
The industry as a whole could be much better for drivers but it is the environment in which we are all currently living. Drivers are the ones who keep the economy moving. ALL companies need to understand this and give their drivers the pay and benefits that they deserve. Driver standard of living in pay/benefits have been in a steady state of decline since 1980. If the industry wants to get rid of the ever increasing driver shortage then the industry needs to step up and give all drivers much better pay and benefits like they once had and treat us as the valuable commodity that we are. If this isn't done the industry will be in far worse shape in a few years as driver numbers continue to dwindle. "Importing" sub standard foreign drivers for horrible pay who put themselves and our families at risk every time they get behind the wheel is NOT the answer...
Pros
Driving
Cons
You're just a number
You are treated like a valuable part of the team. Great benefits, and salary. The encourage advancement within the company or other Irving companies.
A typical day at work was data entry. I learned a lot about certain computer systems. My co-workers were great and I enjoyed my time there. Benefits were great and salary comparable.
A blend of people from many different walks of life. Semi professional Acumen. Always developing process management for change, utilizes Six Sigma Methodologies. Management are salary positions requiring 10-11 hr days 5 days a week. Best part of the job is the ever changing requirements. Everyday presents new challenges which keeps the job fresh. It also demands your input for improving defects and positively affecting change management.
Sort freight Deliver product on a timely basis Supply great customer service Day starts at 6:00 AM Stops at 5:00 PM Meeting new customers and supplying great customer service gives great satisfaction.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus given for Accident free driving
Cons
No benefits for Owner Operators IE Paid Vacation Time, 12 Hour days
Midland and the JDI group in general provide lots of great learning opportunities. the management is overall very supportive and very open and transparent.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
salary
Midland was a great place to work. The people and benefits were excellent. There are always some politics but overall a good place to work and grow.
Pros
Free gym for all employees.
Cons
Hard work long hours.
I would sort freight by postal codes. The co-workers for the most part were easy-going and friendly. The hardest part of my job was pushing freight that weighed well over 50lbs with a skid into a trailer. Most enjoyable part was being able to listen to the radio and converse with my fellow employees while working. I was always glad to go to work there. I got raises and added responsibility. I learned next time I find a job at a company like this I should stay there.
Don't expert to much No salary increase when promised. And pushed aside when asked about it. I would have stayed but I was starving.
Pros
Good one
Cons
No hours
If you like to travel, and never home, would be a perfect job, after so many years, I felt it was time to move on
Pros
traveling
Cons
wages could be better