Midland Transport

Midland Transport Management reviews

Canada68 reviews
Midland is an Irving company and therefore has a different culture to get used to, however while they expect a high work standard they are very clear on expectations. The benefits are great as well as having employee appreciation days, holiday dinner etc. The pay is a little on the low side for the type of job and in the area, but the benefits are really stellar. I would recommend it as a work place.
management is only our for themselves. No work life balance you are unappreciated and treated unfairly. Would not recommend working for this company
Great place. Good Management & hours. Highly recommended. You're not paying me to review other employers, so don't set expectations for character limits.
Benefits is fair and could be compared to what most big companys have around. Matchup RRSP, vacation and sick pay, stat holiday pay, overtime shift rate and health insurance. Lots of overtime if you are willing to work. Management can be a challenge to deal with a few times but overall JDI GROUP is not a bad company to work for.
You’re at the Merci of management. No mattar how good you do your job and how much time you put in for them, stiil there no certainty you will advance if the upper management wants to keep you down
Very bad management and very bad work hours. They ask you to work over for free and pay very little. Don’t waste your time with them. A lot time you sit at home with now work
Je recommande fortement cette entreprise pour ceux qui aime avoir un emplois permanent et bien payé, surtout, respect!
Pros
Bon régime de retraite et très bonne assurances collectives
Cons
aucune
co workers were great for the most part, was sometimes difficult to understand some decisions made by management. overall though a pretty good place to start an apprenticeship but you will top out with how much you can learn.
When I started the culture was driven by safety and respect. Upper management were in touch with the superior quality service within the the departments, however in recent years middle management hides a lot from them so their department looks good.
The employee surveys are drilled down so as to be able to determine who is the person submitting and thus stifles anonymity.

Unless you want to slowly have the life sucked out of you by micro managers stay away.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Immature managers and no accountability for them.
This company has been a huge experince on how the industry works however the experience there was terrible. People get paid bere minimum for a giant load of work. Any possition is highly stressful but still people who've been there for 10 + years are getting paid 16/ hr. HIght volume, constant stress, and low pay. I would never recomend this company as a perminent workplace.
je deconseille toute personne qui souhaiterait travailler à midland pointe claire. on m'a mis liencier sans préavis. Les employés ne réclament rien du tout. Ils travaillent 8h daffiler sans pause. Un endroit à ne pas aller pour trvailler
fun place to work with good group of people and very challenging job.
Drivers are very friendly and easy to communicate

management is very friendly and will listen your suggestion too.
Good company to work for. Strong company culture. Good retention of employees. Some long days. Management is flexible and looks for solutions in some locations and is rigid in others.
Pros
strong company culture
Cons
long hours a lot of stress and no appreciating for middle management just huge turnover. Hard to plan for your future when each management position only has a shelf life of a year.
Pros
pay well
Cons
a lot of turn over
I did not have a good experience at Armour. I was a data entry operator and I got let go because of typing mistakes. I did not fit in well as fellow employees complained about my every move.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Management
I worked there for 5 years doing various runs. the job was good but at times it was a bit chaotic and unorganized. From what i hear not much has changed. I'd work there again.
Great management, great work environment, great perks to the whole JDI co-orporation. The hours are awesome (I worked at the head office so I had evenings and weekends off). I excelled really quickly because I was dedicated and ambitious, and the company gave me all the training I required in order to advance me. Great place, best job I've had thus far. Sad to leave.
Cons
High in demand, fast-paced periods that cause some people to stress and bring down the vibe.
In my last 5 monthes, Midland has shut down highways for LIGHT snow, costing O/O and lease drivers thousands of dollars, and when driver doesnt feel comfortable to drive they're penalized and given "forced vacation".

Dispatch team is simply the worst garbage on the face of the earth, they are operating like its the 50's and still think they are face of the company, but infact any true driver wouldnt stick around, and Midland has to recruit fresh drivers who dont know better to drive for them.

If your thinking of joining Midland, please dont.
Irving needs to put management of Midland into new direction in next 3-4 years or the company is going to fold up.

1.45/1.42 isnt enough to compensate for the BS your going to endure, Im willing to work for 30,000 less a year to never deal with them again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Worst dispatch team in industry, Worst management team in industry.
A blend of people from many different walks of life. Semi professional Acumen. Always developing process management for change, utilizes Six Sigma Methodologies. Management are salary positions requiring 10-11 hr days 5 days a week.
Best part of the job is the ever changing requirements. Everyday presents new challenges which keeps the job fresh. It also demands your input for improving defects and positively affecting change management.
Très belle entreprise sur tout les points. Aucun commentaires négatifs excepté que la qualité des nouveaux employés , souvent en provenance des agences, est très faible.
Midland and the JDI group in general provide lots of great learning opportunities. the management is overall very supportive and very open and transparent.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
salary