Midland Transport

Midland Transport Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

The industry as a whole could be much better for drivers but it is the environment in which we are all currently living. Drivers are the ones who keep the economy moving. ALL companies need to understand this and give their drivers the pay and benefits that they deserve. Driver standard of living in pay/benefits have been in a steady state of decline since 1980. If the industry wants to get rid of the ever increasing driver shortage then the industry needs to step up and give all drivers much better pay and benefits like they once had and treat us as the valuable commodity that we are. If this isn't done the industry will be in far worse shape in a few years as driver numbers continue to dwindle. "Importing" sub standard foreign drivers for horrible pay who put themselves and our families at risk every time they get behind the wheel is NOT the answer...
Pros
Driving
Cons
You're just a number
Midland is a courier service with expectations , deadlines and lots of work . Overall they were a great company to work for , the highlight of the job was meeting new faces daily .
Pros
Free Turkey at Christmas time
Cons
Long Hours
In my last 5 monthes, Midland has shut down highways for LIGHT snow, costing O/O and lease drivers thousands of dollars, and when driver doesnt feel comfortable to drive they're penalized and given "forced vacation". Dispatch team is simply the worst garbage on the face of the earth, they are operating like its the 50's and still think they are face of the company, but infact any true driver wouldnt stick around, and Midland has to recruit fresh drivers who dont know better to drive for them. If your thinking of joining Midland, please dont. Irving needs to put management of Midland into new direction in next 3-4 years or the company is going to fold up. 1.45/1.42 isnt enough to compensate for the BS your going to endure, Im willing to work for 30,000 less a year to never deal with them again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Worst dispatch team in industry, Worst management team in industry.
Sort freight Deliver product on a timely basis Supply great customer service Day starts at 6:00 AM Stops at 5:00 PM Meeting new customers and supplying great customer service gives great satisfaction.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus given for Accident free driving
Cons
No benefits for Owner Operators IE Paid Vacation Time, 12 Hour days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Midland Transport?