Midland Transport

Midland Transport Employee Reviews in Dieppe, NB

Working here to bring change would never happen. Running the buisness was based just on spend and safety took a back seat many times. It became a numbers game and many who came tried to change but left shortly after very hard to work for
good company to work for,lots of work,good working environment. ran as a single driver. Company is very family oriented. bonuses and company paid uniforms,driver appreciation every year. terminals have showers and driver lounges. but lacking in professionalism some managers,especially line haul dept.
Midland is an Irving company and therefore has a different culture to get used to, however while they expect a high work standard they are very clear on expectations. The benefits are great as well as having employee appreciation days, holiday dinner etc. The pay is a little on the low side for the type of job and in the area, but the benefits are really stellar. I would recommend it as a work place.
Great feeling of being appreciated. The managers are nice. Great teamwork in the departments. I had to leave at the end of my 12 month term but would return there in a heartbeat.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
The job itself isn't difficult it's keeping pace but once you find your pace it gets much much easier and worth it at the end of the day, work environment can get pretty hectic but if you know where to stand everything flows like water.
Very bad management and very bad work hours. They ask you to work over for free and pay very little. Don’t waste your time with them. A lot time you sit at home with now work
Je recommande fortement cette entreprise pour ceux qui aime avoir un emplois permanent et bien payé, surtout, respect!
Pros
Bon régime de retraite et très bonne assurances collectives
Cons
aucune
When I started the culture was driven by safety and respect. Upper management were in touch with the superior quality service within the the departments, however in recent years middle management hides a lot from them so their department looks good. The employee surveys are drilled down so as to be able to determine who is the person submitting and thus stifles anonymity. Unless you want to slowly have the life sucked out of you by micro managers stay away.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Immature managers and no accountability for them.
I did not have a good experience at Armour. I was a data entry operator and I got let go because of typing mistakes. I did not fit in well as fellow employees complained about my every move.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Great management, great work environment, great perks to the whole JDI co-orporation. The hours are awesome (I worked at the head office so I had evenings and weekends off). I excelled really quickly because I was dedicated and ambitious, and the company gave me all the training I required in order to advance me. Great place, best job I've had thus far. Sad to leave.
Cons
High in demand, fast-paced periods that cause some people to stress and bring down the vibe.
A typical day at work was data entry. I learned a lot about certain computer systems. My co-workers were great and I enjoyed my time there. Benefits were great and salary comparable.
Midland was a great place to work. The people and benefits were excellent. There are always some politics but overall a good place to work and grow.
Pros
Free gym for all employees.
Cons
Hard work long hours.
I have never seen before management that puts people down so much. Tell you what you want to hear and do something completely different. If you voice your concerns you are retiated against. In my past I have learned how to deal with managers like this but in this situation I have no idea. When asked to do a job, I am not given all the tools or information to do the job.....when a mistake happens I got repremanded.
Pros
learn what not to do
Cons
almost everything
Company owned by the Irving Family in New Brunswick since 1970. (ie: New Brunswick's a Company town and Irving is the Company) Regional carrier servicing many of the Irving owned companies in the region. Services Michelin Tire plants in Nova Scotia and South Carolina with team trucks requiring, on average, 8 days per trip with only 2 days home between the trips; a very poor balance. Dedicated and responsible drivers to work with.
Nice place too work they take care of there employee and you get a lot of discount
great management..very well organized...always there when were needed..given tasks that would create challenges
Pros
family atmosphere..bonuses
Cons
sleeping in truck
I had the bulk of the PO filing to do each morning, I worked in an accounts payable department and was their research clerk. I would email Montreal and complete their list of jobs for the day, as well as, helping with cheque runs. I answered inquiries on the phone and would then go to the folder of cheques to see if any of these could be released. I was responsible for releasing daily cheques, as well as, preparing larger "emergency" cheques and taking these to the comptrollers to have them signed; this would occasionally require me to go to the President for his signature. I would spend a portion of my day in the basement "dungeon" sorting through copies of returned cheques and preforming a large ten year inquiry. I had to prepare bank reconciliations and perform general ledger postings. I helped with month end computer reporting. This was different then what I had experienced as we had to take all required breaks and they did not want anyone working through their breaks or staying late to work on unfinished work. I wish this position could have continued, however, the Irving Oil Company is affiliated with numerous others and when the dominos fall in one company, it travels down to the last hired is the first to go.
Pros
Employee incentive programs, great breaks, quiet environment to concentrate.
Cons
too many affiliated companies, favouritism
Data entry learned about their payables management was easy to work with co-workers were friendly & helpful hardest part of the job was holding paychecks when customers called
Pros
good people
Cons
contract work
If you like to travel, and never home, would be a perfect job, after so many years, I felt it was time to move on
Pros
traveling
Cons
wages could be better
8:30am to 5pm work day.I have learned my valuable skills about how to deal with customers in good situations and also in some of the negative ones.All the co-workers and management are very positive and fun people to work.Most enjoyable part of the job was is the people and environment.The hardest part would be the endless amount of things to learn but that is also one of the enjoyable parts.