Midland Transport Employee Reviews

Very demanding without a pay off
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 May 2019
This company has been a huge experince on how the industry works however the experience there was terrible. People get paid bere minimum for a giant load of work. Any possition is highly stressful but still people who've been there for 10 + years are getting paid 16/ hr. HIght volume, constant stress, and low pay. I would never recomend this company as a perminent workplace.
Mediocrité de l'equipe dirigeante à pointe claire
imagerie (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC4 April 2019
je deconseille toute personne qui souhaiterait travailler à midland pointe claire. on m'a mis liencier sans préavis. Les employés ne réclament rien du tout. Ils travaillent 8h daffiler sans pause. Un endroit à ne pas aller pour trvailler
working at midland
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 April 2019
Working at Midland was not very fun. It was a very unfriendly environment. all Co-workers were very unhelpful. Nobody really helped "the new person" form made one feel welcomed.
fun place to work with good group of people
Administrative Assisstant/City Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON9 January 2019
fun place to work with good group of people and very challenging job.
Drivers are very friendly and easy to communicate
management is very friendly and will listen your suggestion too.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 November 2018
Its a good place to start to work in a logistics environment. Very organized and overall not too much work load on worker. In conclusion, definitely its worth to take a consideration for this company.
Enjoyed my time at Midland
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2018
Good company to work for. Strong company culture. Good retention of employees. Some long days. Management is flexible and looks for solutions in some locations and is rigid in others.
Pros
strong company culture
large turnover
Dock Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2018
long hours a lot of stress and no appreciating for middle management just huge turnover. Hard to plan for your future when each management position only has a shelf life of a year.
Pros
pay well
Cons
a lot of turn over
aucun esprit d equipe
Chauffeur classe 1 (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC31 October 2018
aucun esprit d equipe ,equipement laisse a désiré,mentalité de y a 25ans....travail pas le temps de prendre de pauses…..
Pros
salaire
Cons
trop
Late equipment
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, New Brunswick19 October 2018
The industry as a whole could be much better for drivers but it is the environment in which we are all currently living. Drivers are the ones who keep the economy moving. ALL companies need to understand this and give their drivers the pay and benefits that they deserve. Driver standard of living in pay/benefits have been in a steady state of decline since 1980. If the industry wants to get rid of the ever increasing driver shortage then the industry needs to step up and give all drivers much better pay and benefits like they once had and treat us as the valuable commodity that we are. If this isn't done the industry will be in far worse shape in a few years as driver numbers continue to dwindle. "Importing" sub standard foreign drivers for horrible pay who put themselves and our families at risk every time they get behind the wheel is NOT the answer...
Pros
Driving
Cons
You're just a number
Armour
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB1 October 2018
I did not have a good experience at Armour. I was a data entry operator and I got let go because of typing mistakes. I did not fit in well as fellow employees complained about my every move.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Management
No fun activity.. just straight work
Tractor-trailer operator Long Haul General Freight (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2018
Good place to work I like to work alone I'm self-motivated I need very little supervision good equipment very professional company to work for well organized good dispatching
Pros
once a year they have a turkey Appreciation Day
Cons
Good health care good life insurance
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 August 2018
You are treated like a valuable part of the team. Great benefits, and salary. The encourage advancement within the company or other Irving companies.
typical trucking job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 April 2018
I worked there for 5 years doing various runs. the job was good but at times it was a bit chaotic and unorganized. From what i hear not much has changed. I'd work there again.
great experience
Us Customs Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 December 2017
great working experience timing and job culture was very accomodating

everyone was so helpful in making the job duties undersatandable and training me to do my best
Productive, fun, professional place to work.
Customer Service/Inbox Monitor (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB15 November 2017
Great management, great work environment, great perks to the whole JDI co-orporation. The hours are awesome (I worked at the head office so I had evenings and weekends off). I excelled really quickly because I was dedicated and ambitious, and the company gave me all the training I required in order to advance me. Great place, best job I've had thus far. Sad to leave.
Cons
High in demand, fast-paced periods that cause some people to stress and bring down the vibe.
Data Entry Clerk/Night Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB23 June 2017
A typical day at work was data entry.

I learned a lot about certain computer systems.

My co-workers were great and I enjoyed my time there.

Benefits were great and salary comparable.
best company in the industry
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS11 May 2017
great company to work for in transportation. clear vision only left as I was unable to relocate at the time but would definitely recommend this company to other job seekers
Company that values employees. Excellent pay and security.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2017
Pay above the industry. Big attention to security. I loved working there. Excellent team. Low pressure. Lots of trainings like forklift, dangerous goods and so on.
Great earning potential, Extremely unreliable.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2017
In my last 5 monthes, Midland has shut down highways for LIGHT snow, costing O/O and lease drivers thousands of dollars, and when driver doesnt feel comfortable to drive they're penalized and given "forced vacation".

Dispatch team is simply the worst garbage on the face of the earth, they are operating like its the 50's and still think they are face of the company, but infact any true driver wouldnt stick around, and Midland has to recruit fresh drivers who dont know better to drive for them.

If your thinking of joining Midland, please dont. Irving needs to put management of Midland into new direction in next 3-4 years or the company is going to fold up.

1.45/1.42 isnt enough to compensate for the BS your going to endure, Im willing to work for 30,000 less a year to never deal with them again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Worst dispatch team in industry, Worst management team in industry.
Established Corporation with Diversity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2016
A blend of people from many different walks of life. Semi professional Acumen. Always developing process management for change, utilizes Six Sigma Methodologies. Management are salary positions requiring 10-11 hr days 5 days a week.
Best part of the job is the ever changing requirements. Everyday presents new challenges which keeps the job fresh. It also demands your input for improving defects and positively affecting change management.