MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY LIVING

MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY LIVING Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Great introductory job into the field of DSW - strong teams, variety of day-to-day tasks
It varies from house-to-house how your experience at MCL will go. The home I work in has a great staff team that communicates well and is always open to new ideas. The management I work under is always positive, and available when needed.

The downside is part-time have very limited hours, and due to seniority rules - it is not always easy to pick up extra shifts. Most likely require a second (or third) job while working part-time. Part-time hours are also limited to weekends, so you have to book off if you would like a weekend to yourself.

This job has taught me many positive things - and I have built great relationships with not only the people supported, but the staff as well. It is a comfort knowing that I am able to communicate with any of my fellow staff without hesitation.

The hardest part of the job is accepting the fact that full-time positions are hard to come by. I enjoy working within this agency, but I am not able to make a living from it.
Pros
Staff team, open communication, opportunities for advanced training/education
Cons
No weekends off for part-time, very little benefits
Terrible
The worst place I have worked for. Management does not care about the people in support. They don't even follow their mission statement and values. It is a joke of an agency. They hire people who aren't qualified and never follow up on concerns. they should be ashamed of how they treat their employees and clients.
Cons
managment
embarrassed that i worked there
They spend more time demeaning staff then they do trying to make work safe/healthy place to work. the top and HR both are very cold people. I was told to keep my mouth shut when asked questions about safety. they tried to fire me but quickly gave my job back knowing that they had made me do something that was not allowed while i was in training. They lie. They will get rid of you some way or another, if you have been there a long time, just so that they can hire 2 part time staff in your place of full time,, due to paying them less at start. They do not care about the safety of the people they support. Its all about the money
Horrible
They do not care about the people they support. Never give them their best life. Do not live up to vision. Throw you from one location to another. Constantly changing supported people's location and supported staff
Love it there .. people are great
I got matched with a great location and I love it.

I work at two job and the manager helped me work out a good schedule.
Rewarding job
I enjoyed the clients I supported and the training I received. I met some very kind staff there. There are some nice managers and some corrupt management.
great place of employment with many opportunities and challenges
during my employment with Middlesex community living each day was a new and exciting challenge. I enjoyed supporting each individual very much at the residence I was placed. The management and staff were very helpful and provided me with many new opportunities. I would love the chance to work in the same type of setting again.
Pros
flexible hours of work
Cons
part time
Terrible agency
management doesn't care that they're dealing with people's lives when making irrational and poor decisions in regards to the people supported. Management expects you to give them the world with nothing in Return but being treated like you are worthless. Countless staff complain about the way management treats staff and nothing is ever done to fix this. Would never refer anyone to work or even live within this agency. All they care about is the money they're being paid with a complete disregard for human life. So many other great agencies in the area that actually value you as a person and enjoy having you as part of the team. Very sad how fast this agency has gone downhill.
Pros
Only pro is decent pay
Cons
management, Constantly belittled by management, they Don't think of what the people in supports truly need and deserve as human beings, All about the money.
Helping others is rewarding.
I was grateful for the opportunities that were presented to me. There are more than a few places to showcase your abilities as a support person.
High Stress
Highly stressful workplace with little to no help by management.
never live up to their vision
always unorganized, blame staff for all downfalls. Don`t listen to staff suggestions yet demand their opinion as if they care. Some top leaders take joy in making you feel below them.
Cons
all over the place, tiring
Positive work environment.
The service they provide is a very important one. They give support to individuals with development disabilities in the community.
Pros
great co-workers and management
Cons
no cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY LIVING. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7