MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY LIVING Employee Reviews

Great introductory job into the field of DSW - strong teams, variety of day-to-day tasks
Outcomes Support Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ON20 March 2017
It varies from house-to-house how your experience at MCL will go. The home I work in has a great staff team that communicates well and is always open to new ideas. The management I work under is always positive, and available when needed.

The downside is part-time have very limited hours, and due to seniority rules - it is not always easy to pick up extra shifts. Most likely require a second (or third) job while working part-time. Part-time hours are also limited to weekends, so you have to book off if you would like a weekend to yourself.

This job has taught me many positive things - and I have built great relationships with not only the people supported, but the staff as well. It is a comfort knowing that I am able to communicate with any of my fellow staff without hesitation.

The hardest part of the job is accepting the fact that full-time positions are hard to come by. I enjoy working within this agency, but I am not able to make a living from it.
Pros
Staff team, open communication, opportunities for advanced training/education
Cons
No weekends off for part-time, very little benefits
great place of employment with many opportunities and challenges
Dsw (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON2 November 2016
during my employment with Middlesex community living each day was a new and exciting challenge. I enjoyed supporting each individual very much at the residence I was placed. The management and staff were very helpful and provided me with many new opportunities. I would love the chance to work in the same type of setting again.
Pros
flexible hours of work
Cons
part time
Terrible agency
outcome support facilitator (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON28 November 2015
management doesn't care that they're dealing with people's lives when making irrational and poor decisions in regards to the people supported. Management expects you to give them the world with nothing in Return but being treated like you are worthless. Countless staff complain about the way management treats staff and nothing is ever done to fix this. Would never refer anyone to work or even live within this agency. All they care about is the money they're being paid with a complete disregard for human life. So many other great agencies in the area that actually value you as a person and enjoy having you as part of the team. Very sad how fast this agency has gone downhill.
Pros
Only pro is decent pay
Cons
management, Constantly belittled by management, they Don't think of what the people in supports truly need and deserve as human beings, All about the money.
Helping others is rewarding.
Outcomes Support Facilitator (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2015
I was grateful for the opportunities that were presented to me. There are more than a few places to showcase your abilities as a support person.
High Stress
Outcomes Support Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON29 July 2014
Highly stressful workplace with little to no help by management.
never live up to their vision
Outcome Support Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Strathroy5 April 2014
always unorganized, blame staff for all downfalls. Don`t listen to staff suggestions yet demand their opinion as if they care. Some top leaders take joy in making you feel below them.
Cons
all over the place, tiring
Positive work environment.
Reception/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, Ontario15 February 2012
The service they provide is a very important one. They give support to individuals with development disabilities in the community.
Pros
great co-workers and management
Cons
no cons