Midcounties Co-operative Employee Reviews

Over worked staff, no atmosphere, most customers very pkeasant,
CSA (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster6 July 2019
Not enough staff.
Coop to tight to employ more staff.
When head office visit the stores it has to ship shape.
Customer complaints about no stock.
Pros
Staff discounts, holidays
Cons
KRONAS machine is a nightmare, Long hours, irregular shifts, ruins family life, can't plan anything because of shift changes
Avoid if You have any sort of disability!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire5 July 2019
I've worked for Midcounties for over 2yrs and they are awful when it comes to hidden disabilities! They won't give you any help with these disabilities, you just get disciplinarys' or unhelpful comments then you're treat like a Dog! If you a CSA you will be stuck on the till, Team leader are given rubbish shifts and team manager are treat like a glorified team leader They make you feel like a criminal!! I also know two other individuals who have both worked there who have disabilities (mental health and epilepsy) and then they were being treat no worse than a slave would be treat! The one with epilepsy had a fit at work and was contacted the next day when you next coming in! Some districts and managers won't give u the correct training for your job roles and expect you to know it all on your first day without support even though they promise to support you! AVOID AVOID!!
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Unsupported Mangers and district managers
Midcounties Co.op are a RUBBISH company to work for 😕 work for!!
Customer Service assistant (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster29 June 2019
Co-op WAS a good company to work for.
It'sgone DOWNHILL.
OBSESSED with PROFIT.
CEO's who HAVEN'T a CLUE what:s going on in store.
STAFF LOW MORALE 😨.
Pros
Staff discount, yearly thankyou vouchers, which you can spend as a cash purchase.
Cons
Long shifts, regularly changed, you can't plan ahead, social life takes second place, you can't plan ahead. You never know what shifts the Kronas machine will give you, unsociable hours, ruins family time
Great place
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands28 June 2019
Fantastic place lovely people great opportunities
Discounts on holidays
Training given
Fam trips

Lovely staff
Customer service
Feel part of the family
Pros
Discount on holidays
Cons
Can be stressful
great teamwork
Part time Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire3 June 2019
a typical day of work I would fill up the shelves and for about 2 hours I would have a stint at the tills which I feel was pretty good at as I love speaking to the regulars and have really good people skills. I then have to face up and make sure the shop floor and out back to prepare it for tomorrow. Coop has really advanced with my teamwork and time management. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with tricky customers and dealing with them although I haven't had any major problems concerning customers.
Pros
the team
Cons
repetitive jobs
horrible place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire29 May 2019
management was the worst part of the coop. They had no idea what they were doing. They acted so snobbishly and aggressively at the CSAs despite us doing most of their jobs for them.
Awful
CSA (Current Employee) –  Midlands17 May 2019
Awful company to work for, bad management, no chance of progression unless your face fits, it’s not what you know but who you know. Too many staff cuts so very overworked. Overworked for awful pay.
Horrible company
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wednesfield, West Midlands8 May 2019
Staff all talk about each other & if you’re thinking about working for a go op in WEDNESFIELD STAY AWAY the boss made me walk out crying and quit, to make things worse they have a group chat the manager forces you to be in and gang up on you in it WHILE YOURE IN IT.
Cons
it was an ok company to start
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire30 April 2019
this was my first job, I got, and was my firs stepson the road to work, and it felt great, it gave me my independence and made me feel great about myself. the management I first started with helped me process up the ladder
Pros
close to my home
Cons
odd hours, many at night
If your face fits
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire19 March 2019
The company focuses on providing excellent customer service, yet makes this more difficult but continually cutting staff. If you wish to progress here your face needs to fit. They seem to have a certain type of Manager, if your not that type you will be put out of the way and ignored.
Friendly working environment.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon19 March 2019
In all the 22 years I've worked here there have been ups and downs. But I have found this company to provide consistent support in all areas of my life. They have been a joy to work for.
Pros
10 % Discount, supportive management, job security.
Cons
Long hours, hectic schedule.
Good first job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire7 March 2019
Brilliant for entry level, did not progress further so cannot review for management positions. Developed key skills in customer service and communication. Good career progressions opportunities
flexible hours
Assist other members of the team (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury31 January 2019
staff were friendly and the work was easy but it was something that wasn't really what I wanted to be doing - I'm more of a practical person.
I enjoyed working on the till mostly where I could communicate with the customers more than working on shop floor doing date checks and putting out stock.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
repetitive, boring work
Good job, terrible management
Funeral assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire22 January 2019
Job is rewarding and lots of different things to do. It's just a shame the management and certain people there ruin it. If your face fits you will eventually progress some what. If not, you will go nowhere. Favouritism and bullying is very common working here. So be prepared to bite your tongue and take a lot of people talking down to you. Moral can be very low at times.
Pros
Rewarding, lot's to do
Cons
Bullying, favouritism, management, low moral.
Great experience
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire17 January 2019
Working there has been a great experience, and the team are lovely but I’ve come to grow apart from the job. If your dream is to work in the food retail world, this is the job for you
Highly recomend
Team manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire14 January 2019
Would recommend if you're looking to progress,
Driven environment
Sales driven
Chance to earn bonuses if yearly targets are achieved
Supportive environment
avoid avoid avoid
Manager (Current Employee) –  warwick18 December 2018
not cooperative very corrupt it who you know and you will get on. uneducated untalented people in senior roles for the most - just mates looking after each other.
Pros
working with non-management staff
Cons
one person does role of 2-3 people, do all the work for exec who get the benefit
Good company to work for
CSA (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire14 December 2018
Ive been working for Coop Midcounties for over a year now. I had a rocky start getting to know everybody. my typical day would be, starting at 6:30am and getting the papers in. I would then be on till for some of my shift and do sandwiches when they get delivered and then when another CSA comes in they normally take me off so I could do a bit of warehouse. At my store the management is great. the hardest part of the job for me is trying to multitask.
the enjoyable part of the job is you have a laugh with most of your coworkers and sometimes a bit of banter with management.
Pros
Good Holiday Scheme. Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours.
Great company
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands11 December 2018
I only left due to relocating down to the south coast, to begin a career in a new location. I worked for different sectors in Midcounties, ranging from a Travel advisor, to a billing and collections advisor for the energy side. Moving onto Business Development for the homeworking travel agents.
Great place, great people
HR Advisor - Projects (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire7 December 2018
I have been working as a HR Advisor on a transformation project for the Mid-counties Coop for the past 4 months. From day one the HR team made me feel really welcome and so far I am loving my role. The HR Management team are very supportive and take a genuine interest in how things are going and are there to offer support and guidance which has been great. The wider HR team are always ready to offer any help and you will never be on your own for lunch. The ethos of the Mid-counties Coop is very customer centric and I enjoy working for a company that cares not just about its colleagues (which it does) but the wider community also. I would encourage anyone to apply for a role at the Mid-counites Coop.
Pros
A very friendly working environment
Cons
The traffic but its to be expected in Warwick at this time of year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midcounties Co-operative. Our community is ready to answer.