MIDAS Employee Review

Local clientel may leave a hole in your pocket
Auto Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2018
The location I worked at has never been profitable - unfortunately the clients I dealt with on a daily basis were extremely hard to make any meaningful sale with. Many expected prices for simple things such as oil changes to be lower than the cost of the materials and labor for the time it took to do the job. The company has a reputation to many for just doing oil changes, when many shops are equipped to do a wide range of services. The quarterly distributed corporate Midas coupons might be to blame for that outlook.

Work itself was fairly comfortable. Often one's day would be composed of changing oil on at least four vehicles, replacing around 4 sets of brakes, repairing a puncture in a tyre, and seasonal tyre changeovers. Uncommon services at my location included engine head cover gaskets, spark plugs and ignition wires/ignition coils (depending on the system used), changing McPherson struts, tie rods, stabalizer links and very rarely lower control arms. I personally never felt overworked, even after a long day of repeatedly doing oil changes.
Pros
Locations tend to be in high traffic areas - should always have work, my boss bought lunch for everyone working in the shop.
Cons
There's a stigma build on the Midas brand that leaves mobility at a minimum.

Other MIDAS Employee Reviews

staff and work environment the best with lots of laughter
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bramalea, ON22 May 2019
review and answer e-mails
make sure items are in stock
count start an end of day cash to be correct
very enjoyable and lay back environment with great coworkers
enjoy interacting with customers
inform and educated a lot about cars and the service the company provide to clients
l
Pros
learning new things daily, staffs are great
Cons
when customer are not happy about the service
I did co-op there. Not too bad tbh
Service Technician Assistant (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2019
One of the guys was rude to me for almost the whole semester, but I mean other than that, they don’t scam people, they know what they’re doing, and they get it done
Pros
You can fix your car there if you work there
Cons
Unpaid lunches (employee told me)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.