MIDAS Management reviews

Family run business
Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 February 2019
Gave me opportunity to deal with public. Analyze problems and recommend repairs. The shop was always busy so made the work day go by fast. Utilized time management skills to ensure jobs were done in a timely manner ensuring jobs were done correctly.
Very Productive
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2019
Typical day are easy. I learned a lot of new ways to fix automobiles. Management was really nice. The hardest part of the job was tires. Most enjoyable part learning about other workers.
Volatile
Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 January 2019
A cutthroat place to work . Management feeds their pets everyone else get oil changes and bogus jobs . Not a wise move for anyone unless its for resume padding . Backstabbing is the norm . Sad but true .
Pros
Meet great people .
Cons
Everything else .
jeff hall is greedy
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 September 2018
always ripping people off. he would take the last dollar from you with a smile on his face. up charging seniors for parts they dont fully need. the wage is a joke always making promises his as cant cash
Difficult Staff, Difficult Owners
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
This review speaks for the store that I worked at and NOT the company as a whole. Technicians were not friendly, lied to staff and refused to teach female apprentices. Management encouraged misleading customers as to the in total cost of repairs and hired staff under the table.
Pros
Access to training tools for a variety of vehicles
Cons
Everything else
Decent place to work before new managemn took over.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2018
Great co-workers, hours are reasonable, overtime was rare but not opposed to. Management was reasonable, pay was on the lower side, but made up for by decent people.
Don't go there unless you're desperate for a job or experience
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 July 2018
1. Pay is way below average in the industry
2. Bonus structure is a joke and if you do your math before taking the job you will understand that the commission They pay is peanuts and Makes you feel like the trow you a bone once in a while .
3. Management is deceiving and changes it's mind all the time so better have it written otherwise you'll be treated like a fool.
4.shops look like backyard garage and the owner refuse to repair basic stuff and buy tools needed to get the job done .
5.some of the Tech's are grumpy but it's because they been with Midas for too long.
6. Most of the time you deal with dilapidated rusted cars that the owners don't care about .
7. Winter time it's so slow you might find yourself unemployed.
8. Turnover of staff is so high you will have hard time to remember their names.
9. Social events are a joke .
10. if you have plans for your life like more than being a tech or a counter person avoid Midas .
Pros
I didn't see any pros while working for Midas
Cons
Pay, Hours, Job security, Management and last but not least the place your career has zero perspective .
Low pay shop
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 June 2018
Company pays far less than industry standards, would not recommend working here for very long. Shop was slow, management refused to be flexible for the sake of efficiency. Overall would not work here again.
Management knocks you down and disaproves of bettering yourself
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  3070 portage ave winnipeg manitoba27 February 2018
The company on multiple occasions has put it's employees in a mental state of mind making them feel useless, or like they have no where better to go. They pay us far too little for the ammount of abuse that they put us through.
Productive atmosphere
Third year Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
Management and other employees helped with my career. Grandfathered me in for my 3rd. year apprenticeship as an Automotive Service Technician. A great place to work.
Pros
Good team working enviroment
Cons
Not enough work
my work days
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 January 2018
Starting at 7.45 most days and work to 6pm saturday from 7.45 to 3 .Hard part of my job is doing many things at once sometimes it gets overwhelming in regards to many things but you have to do whats best for the company i get that no problem .. Most of the time i like keep the peace and solve problems to to keep things calm and try to be in order sometime that dosn't always work . I get along and work well with all staff members , there is good days and bad days . I have learned alout over the last 30 years and don't mind sharing my knowledge and my tools . As far as management they have a job to do and i work my best to work with them not against they can always come to me and lean on me with a problem and know that i will give 110 % that what makes companies move forward that is the most important thing to me these days.Overall i liked where i was and what i was doing life was good

Comment – 30 March 2018

Yes life was just ok but it could have been a whole lot better pay was below average i still don't no why the released me seems strange

Excellent work Environment
Service Manager/Tech (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON4 December 2017
Left this job as business was sold.
Would have enjoyed another 10 years or so.
Great experience in the automotive service and management career.
Gave me the ability to expand my knowledge.
Horrible management at this location do not apply
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 October 2017
Management is absolutely horrible at this location there is zero training and this position is really for work in the shop not the counter highly advise agianst applying
Nothing special, repetitious,
Apprentice Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB7 June 2017
Fairly average auto shop I happened to work at a franchise not a corporate shop working for a franchise was nice I didn't feel like just another number on a page management genuinely cares however like most shops the senior staff can be rather arrogant at times that being said Midas as a corporation does several things I don't agree with such as courtesy inspections on literally everything that comes through the door and they do things that have nothing to do with fixing cars but still not right in my mind such as forcing ridiculous customer discounts such as $29.99 oil changes unto shops and obscene franchise royalty demands however the employee discount on parts and tires as well as flexible vacation and time off and new state of the art shop equipment made the employment here very tolerable
Pros
Employee discounts, vacation
Cons
Up selling
worst place ever, so thankful i quit there
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2017
management was the worst there, the owner was also manager, would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a job, even to "get their foot in the door", was very unhappy working at this place, biggest regret of my life, wouldn't doubt that there are more mechanics who would agree.
Terrible Manager!
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  St Paul MN14 March 2017
I worked at Midas on 7th st in St Paul as a service writer.
The worst work environment I have ever seen. The manager
was moody and offered no direction. He had a terrible temper
and was mean to employees and customers.
I personally saw car lifts that were damaging cars and techs
who would leave a half quart or more of old oil in car!
The store was dirty and disgusting and it was clear no one cared.
Avoid this location! Extremely low pay as well! Constant swearing and yelling in the shop. Owners could care less!
Pros
Cons
The Manager
Good starting job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 February 2017
Working at Midas was a good starting job. There was a lot of ha da on learning as well as mental learning. Staff was very helpful and usually helped each other.
Pros
Very helpful management
midas was not the best
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
While at midas i wasnt appriciated for the amount of work that i could do and that i have done. the owner was not a nice person at all and put himself over his employees all of the time. dont go to midas
Pros
free lunch friday
Cons
manager
Amazing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 August 2016
All the staff and management treat you like family and do everything they can to make you feel happy at work.
They are always happy to accomodate and give time off for your personal life and are happy to help students with their education.
Good reliable company
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 February 2016
Exciting days ,always fast pace with oil changes when work is slow always find something to do for work. Management is good team always understanding of what you need. Most enjoyable about the job is the workers and management team always have a smile on there face and wanting to work all the time.
Pros
same hours every week
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.