MIDAS Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Positive Environment
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2019
The managers were incredibly kind and had friendly relationships with most of the customers making it a very positive environment. The staff work as a tight team and also like to have their fun at work while staying professional.
Pros
Occasional beer-after-work with the boss
Cons
they're only looking for those who know about cars
Typical day at work
Automotive Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
Always keeping busy doing what needed to be done of me in the trade while working at Midas. Taken procedures to even be put on calling list to call customers back for work to be done
Regular shop, respectful employees and employers
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Good environment, respectful employees and employer, clean shop with clear windows so customers can see the work that’s been done on their cars, trustworthy shop
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Payment according skills
Difficult Staff, Difficult Owners
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
This review speaks for the store that I worked at and NOT the company as a whole. Technicians were not friendly, lied to staff and refused to teach female apprentices. Management encouraged misleading customers as to the in total cost of repairs and hired staff under the table.
Pros
Access to training tools for a variety of vehicles
Cons
Everything else
great place to first start out
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
good place for a starting tech. do not expect to get paid bank at this placement. I have learned some valuable skills and information that will give definitely assist me on my journey.
too late
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
Is has been more than 10 year i do not remember anything is ok i guess. i did learned to build custom exhaust with the pipe bender that is cool!!!
Excellent if you can find an Owner Like I had
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
Loved working with Midas. Loved my boss and the work. Mechanics fairly competent. However, there is always one bad apple in the group who makes work a hassle now and then.
Never again
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
The owners are cheap
Rip customers off
If you're planning on working flat rate there's no money
I was working hourly and the boss had me washing his car when there was nothing to do and would send me home early almost everyday
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Low pay
Overall this Auto shop is a very reliable place to get what you are expecting from one. Whether customer or worker you will be love Midas Auto Experts
Auto apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2015
A typical day working as a auto apprentice would involve the basics of auto maintenance. Whether a vehicle would come in for an oil change, tire swap or more complex work like brake replacement i would be conducting a full-on car inception to see if all the basics safety components are intact.

Working at Midas, i learned a wide variety of things, if it meant experience or work ethic there would never be a day working there that i wouldn't come home and reflect on. Management was amazing, the boss allowed 3 breaks on a very well-timed fashion and my co-workers were all helpful, especially during the first 2 weeks which i was not familiar with the area i was working in.

The Most difficult part of the job was advancing because that mainly depended on my part learning at the rate i was most comfortable in. And the most enjoyable part would have to be the same aspect, because although advancing in a job would require me to put more effort and time, it meant that i was learning more and more towards something i can call a life career.
Gained mechanical and customer service experience
Mechanics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
I assisted mechanics with troubleshooting, repairing, installing new brakes and exhaust systems on cars and trucks.

I set up and dismantled the alignment machine, and complete oil changes for customer vehicles.
Quiet Garage
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2012
Work 8-6:30
Learned Various Automotive Repair Techniques
Management was fair
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, owner not in touch with employees