MIDAS

MIDAS Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews
Midas Edmonton
I worked here for over a year. At first it was new and exciting as most jobs are. As time went on the hours got longer and longer. No breaks, no help, working 60+ hours a week becomes expected. Mandatory to work all Saturdays. When you ask for help it will fall on deaf ears.
Fun Place to learn and grow.
A good company with strong work ethics, would suggest anyone who has a drive to learn and work hard, work timings sometimes can be too long and stressful but if you want to prove results and achieve you wont mind it.
Joke
Place is a joke and they rip customers off paying people that work hard nothing and it's just not my idea is not a good place to work still waiting for promises and lying
Pros
Terrible
great team, fun environment
typical day, book appointment, book in service requests, fill out sales journals, talk to customers, occasionally shuttle customers home, answer phones
Sketchy business practice
Shop is not maintained and is scary to work in. Unorganized, supplies were never kept stocked. Owner is cheap and breaks laws, smokes in his shop even when customers are in it. He rips off customers constantly especially elderly. Got one uniform shirt had to wash it on my own. Overall horrible work environment.
It was good working there
I was working in service area mostly. I had good hands ON tyre changing and oil services. I was also working on braking & trying to learn some major stuff.
high paced environment
Fun place to work with a high paced environment.
Most challenging is to maintain the operations flow on schedule.

Must be able to multi-task and work in a team environment.
Looks can be deceiving
Owner makes it seem like he's an amazing guy with an amazing crew, but after being there you can definitely see an inner circle of buddies that can bend the rules and do as they please and the owner is okay with it, everyone else is expendable, come and go as management sees fit, do not recommend working there if you have any amount of self integrity.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Owner
Great place to work or to be a customer at
Midas was an amazing workplace filled with driven individuals who taught me many skills and helped guide me to solutions on solving problems. Management was phenomenal and was again helpful and lead their team well. Midas welcomed me in for a work experience program I did through school and i would recommend them as an employer or to do a work experience course with.
Pros
Free lunches on saturdays
Its an automotive shop..
Working the counter.. If you are alone, do not expect to be able to get away for your lunch. Expect to be ''required'' to work 11 hours a day no overtime.
As an automotive shop its not all that bad otherwise, but there is alot of pressure about making more money, cutting back on wages, expecting more for less.. like any company these days.
auto service advisor
Worked for a couple months at mid town Midas. Strong company policies , good quality products , antiquated computer system , definitely needs a modern up grade. Busy store. Absolutely full price policy . No customer discounts . Must have better quality personal
Positive Environment
The managers were incredibly kind and had friendly relationships with most of the customers making it a very positive environment. The staff work as a tight team and also like to have their fun at work while staying professional.
Pros
Occasional beer-after-work with the boss
Cons
they're only looking for those who know about cars
It's a great place to start your automotive career. the hours were reasonable, the customers could be tough but the employees were great. Comfortable environment
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Tough job
staff and work environment the best with lots of laughter
review and answer e-mails
make sure items are in stock

count start an end of day cash to be correct

very enjoyable and lay back environment with great coworkers

enjoy interacting with customers

inform and educated a lot about cars and the service the company provide to clients

l
Pros
learning new things daily, staffs are great
Cons
when customer are not happy about the service
I did co-op there. Not too bad tbh
One of the guys was rude to me for almost the whole semester, but I mean other than that, they don’t scam people, they know what they’re doing, and they get it done
Pros
You can fix your car there if you work there
Cons
Unpaid lunches (employee told me)
very fun and exciting place to work at
The owners of the company were new to the automotive field when they purchased the company, but within 5 years of owning this company it was and still is today a desired place to be employed at.
Fast paced and Learned a lot!
Great program, learned a ton.
Days go by so fast as it was always busy where I was.

Had a great manager to work for and he was very knowledgable on business and customer service.
Pros
Decent pay, nice spiffs
Cons
long hours some times.
Amazing place to work
I am here as a co-op student and I couldn’t be happier with it. All the guys are amazing to work with and take the time to teach me the trade. Being the only girl in the shop they make me feel very comfortable and include me in all the work.
Pros
Amazing people
Family run business
Gave me opportunity to deal with public. Analyze problems and recommend repairs. The shop was always busy so made the work day go by fast. Utilized time management skills to ensure jobs were done in a timely manner ensuring jobs were done correctly.
Very Productive
Typical day are easy. I learned a lot of new ways to fix automobiles. Management was really nice. The hardest part of the job was tires. Most enjoyable part learning about other workers.
Volatile
A cutthroat place to work . Management feeds their pets everyone else get oil changes and bogus jobs . Not a wise move for anyone unless its for resume padding . Backstabbing is the norm . Sad but true .
Pros
Meet great people .
Cons
Everything else .