Mid Island Cabinets

Canada14 reviews

Clear
1.9Pay & benefits

Do Not Work Here!

This company does not care about its employees or contractors. The possibility of money sounds good but in reality they do everything in their power to not pay you. They do not care about a standard of living or the toll on ones mental health. They constantly quote back a contract that only benefits them. You end up working for free. Don’t do it!!

Cons

So many!

Bad Company to work for

I worked at MIC for over 2 years.I finally quit because I was always coming home stressed out, unhappy & angry.Best decision I made while working there - was to quit.Owner and management constantly harass you. Tell you that you are no good and worthless.There are no raises.Lots of turn over in staff because of the way they treat people.There are many jobs and employers out there. Value YOURSELF and don't waste your time working at MIC

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Arriving

Not a place you’ll want to stay long!

I didnt like working here at all and others will say the same. Although I have years of expereince, am hardworking, and am easy to get along with and always keen to learn more, I wasnt treated well and I, along with other co-workers, did not like being constantly watched wherever we went via cameras, being timed, being yelled at and dealing with an owner and manager with no positive communication skills who had everyone always walking on eggshells and feeling threatened. Very high stress and disorganized place and universal low morale. Lots of big promises but no delivery. Ridiculous benefit package. I was hoping this would be a positive place with great teamwork, but no. I easily found work elsewhere in the same field in the same Oceanside area for way more money and benefits, great relationshps with the higher-ups and much better treatment over all. Keep in mind that this business sites “free parking” as one of its perks. In truth, parking is free everywhere in Oceanside and their worksite sits on a massive piece of property in the country, so not exactly a perk.

Pros

A big zero

Cons

Everything! Management, pay, working conditions, low pay, etc.

Official response from Mid Island Cabinets

19 April 2021
We are sorry that your experience here was unpleasant.We value your feedback

Very stressful environment

Unfortunately, Mid Island Cabinets Parksville is very poorly run & managed and myself and other coworkers always feel undervalued, disrespected, and patronized. Trying to approach management or the owner with a problem is difficult. Very high turnover rate which says a lot. No bonuses, low wage cap, minimal benefits, no praise....zero incentive to do a great job here. Rumour has it that this business is on the brink of closing for several reasons, so not your best bet if looking for anything long term. As soon as Covid19 is gone, I’ll be looking elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, no incentives, no respect, stressful environment

Official response from Mid Island Cabinets

19 April 2021
We are sorry that this is a stressful environment it is not meant to be that way. As far as wages go Indeed has this great app that shows us the industry standard for certain departments. Indeed collects data from across the country and we are above the standard.

overall happy

Overall happy, hard work, plenty of avaible work,fast paced, good co workers, steady work,heavy lifting, long days,long hours,plnety of break time, understanding at most times

Pros

Sufficient work stable work pace

Cons

managment

Good place to learn how build a foundation of skills

Good place to work to create a good foundation of skills. From saw work to fine finishing. Hand tools such as routers, hand files, chisels, hand planers,staple guns.

Pros

Paid breaks with exception of lunch

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mid Island Cabinets?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Island Cabinets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement