Mid Island Cabinets

Canada14 reviews

Clear
1.9Job security & advancement

Bad Company to work for

I worked at MIC for over 2 years.I finally quit because I was always coming home stressed out, unhappy & angry.Best decision I made while working there - was to quit.Owner and management constantly harass you. Tell you that you are no good and worthless.There are no raises.Lots of turn over in staff because of the way they treat people.There are many jobs and employers out there. Value YOURSELF and don't waste your time working at MIC

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Arriving

Very stressful environment

Unfortunately, Mid Island Cabinets Parksville is very poorly run & managed and myself and other coworkers always feel undervalued, disrespected, and patronized. Trying to approach management or the owner with a problem is difficult. Very high turnover rate which says a lot. No bonuses, low wage cap, minimal benefits, no praise....zero incentive to do a great job here. Rumour has it that this business is on the brink of closing for several reasons, so not your best bet if looking for anything long term. As soon as Covid19 is gone, I’ll be looking elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, no incentives, no respect, stressful environment

Official response from Mid Island Cabinets

19 April 2021
We are sorry that this is a stressful environment it is not meant to be that way. As far as wages go Indeed has this great app that shows us the industry standard for certain departments. Indeed collects data from across the country and we are above the standard.

Insights into Mid Island Cabinets

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

good crew of people with good job security

I have been working at MIC for almost 2 years now. I find this place a great place to work, the people are great and they all have good attitudes. I have always been told what to do and how to do it in a safe manner. I also like all the over time. They also keep showing me new things that's helping me advance in the shop. I have never seen or even herd of a layoff, so thats awesome job security for me and my family.

Pros

over time

Cons

time lines can be hard ( thats the housing industry tho )

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Island Cabinets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement