Mid Island Cabinets
View all Mid Island Cabinets reviews

Mid Island Cabinets

Mid Island Cabinets Employee Review

Very stressful environment

Unfortunately, Mid Island Cabinets Parksville is very poorly run & managed and myself and other coworkers always feel undervalued, disrespected, and patronized. Trying to approach management or the owner with a problem is difficult. Very high turnover rate which says a lot. No bonuses, low wage cap, minimal benefits, no praise....zero incentive to do a great job here. Rumour has it that this business is on the brink of closing for several reasons, so not your best bet if looking for anything long term. As soon as Covid19 is gone, I’ll be looking elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, no incentives, no respect, stressful environment

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from Mid Island Cabinets

19 April 2021
We are sorry that this is a stressful environment it is not meant to be that way. As far as wages go Indeed has this great app that shows us the industry standard for certain departments. Indeed collects data from across the country and we are above the standard.

Same roleSame location

Unprofessional

I gave it my all here but there are many better cabinet and woodworking places to be employed at. I found the owner and management unprofessional and unorganized and promises made were never kept. Lots of “throwing people under the bus” and high school type behavior. Too stressful! I also saw many WorksafeBC violations that nobody dealt with after bringing it to managements attention. I enjoy woodwork but working here took away my passion for it. No thank you.

Pros

Sadly, nothing.

Cons

poor treatment of employees overall.
Same roleSame location

Good place to learn how build a foundation of skills

Good place to work to create a good foundation of skills. From saw work to fine finishing. Hand tools such as routers, hand files, chisels, hand planers,staple guns.

Pros

Paid breaks with exception of lunch
Same location

Lack of management experience

Every manager has no experience and only promote their friends. They have no interest in listening to any ideas. But it's who you know not how good you are

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Island Cabinets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement