Mid Island Cabinets
View all Mid Island Cabinets reviews

Mid Island Cabinets

Mid Island Cabinets Employee Review

Not a place you’ll want to stay long!

I didnt like working here at all and others will say the same. Although I have years of expereince, am hardworking, and am easy to get along with and always keen to learn more, I wasnt treated well and I, along with other co-workers, did not like being constantly watched wherever we went via cameras, being timed, being yelled at and dealing with an owner and manager with no positive communication skills who had everyone always walking on eggshells and feeling threatened. Very high stress and disorganized place and universal low morale. Lots of big promises but no delivery. Ridiculous benefit package. I was hoping this would be a positive place with great teamwork, but no. I easily found work elsewhere in the same field in the same Oceanside area for way more money and benefits, great relationshps with the higher-ups and much better treatment over all. Keep in mind that this business sites “free parking” as one of its perks. In truth, parking is free everywhere in Oceanside and their worksite sits on a massive piece of property in the country, so not exactly a perk.

Pros

A big zero

Cons

Everything! Management, pay, working conditions, low pay, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from Mid Island Cabinets

19 April 2021
We are sorry that your experience here was unpleasant.We value your feedback

Same roleSame location

Managment needs improvement

Owners doesn't care about his employees and makes that clear. The manegment and owner need to care more about the employees and make it clear to us that they care.

Pros

Nothing.
Same location

Lack of management experience

Every manager has no experience and only promote their friends. They have no interest in listening to any ideas. But it's who you know not how good you are
Same location

Reasonable company, unreasonable industry

Good coworkers, great equipment and facilities, good product and lots to learn. Systems are reasonably set-up.Millwork industry is a tough one. It's easy to lose money via small mistakes, it's tough to get good work, clients are fickle, and construction scheduling does not jive with cabinet scheduling. This breeds companies that are high pressure, fast paced, with cultures that promote blame finding, with managers who are unforgiving of mistakes. Mid island cabinets was not free of those problems, but no shop is. If you complain about these issues; understand it's more systematic of the industry than a company problem.I would work here again in the future.

Pros

Good product, fun employees, nice facility

Cons

Usual cabinet Industry problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Island Cabinets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Mid Island Cabinets reviews by location

Learn about Mid Island Cabinets in popular locations

• Mid Island Cabinets
  • Not a place you’ll want to stay long!